The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2004, 12:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Juvenile. Since you can't answer the questions your whole being here is questionable. This whole I hate the government but support the troops crap is what we got in Vietnam.....I don't buy it. Most of your ilk do nothing more than help the enemy. They love to hear this country tear it's self apart. Make it known at the ballot box. That is your right and I fought for that right. To let the enemy hear all this is nothing more than aid and comfort....but you and people like you could give a shit less. Lord, why am I arguing with someone who can't even define the word they use. Don't see you as having much credibility on this site buddy, but then again, I've been wrong before.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2004, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paco Juvenile. Since you can't answer the questions your whole being here is questionable. This whole I hate the government but support the troops crap is what we got in Vietnam.....I don't buy it. Most of your ilk do nothing more than help the enemy. They love to hear this country tear it's self apart. Make it known at the ballot box. That is your right and I fought for that right. To let the enemy hear all this is nothing more than aid and comfort....but you and people like you could give a shit less. Lord, why am I arguing with someone who can't even define the word they use. Don't see you as having much credibility on this site buddy, but then again, I've been wrong before.

Packo
Unfortunatly you're WRONG. The troops didn't share the same loyalty coming home from Vietnam as they are coming home from Iraq.

My father did two tours in Vietnam and was awarded two Bronze Stars. He served in Korea, too. And the airlift in Berlin during the end of WWII.

I don't hate my Government. Because of it, we can vote Bush out. I like that.

I am an Administrator at trackpads.com and heard about this site and decided to check it out. If you would rather I not post here, say so Moderators and I'll leave. I came for debate. Not to be stroked and not to stroke.

The owners and most members at trackpads disagree with me too. but, they respect my right to disagree and speak out about it. Do you here?

pssst... the name calling (juvenile) is uncalled for.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ok, sorry about juvenile....how about infantile. You don't know how to debate. What does the troops sharing loyalty have anything to do with what I said? No wonder they don't find you amusing at the other site. What your father did means nothing to me. Obviously while he was in Vietnam, you were protesting and aiding and abetting the Hanoi government, or do you only do that when your blood relatives are not in danger.

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 03-15-2004, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paco Ok, sorry about juvenile....how about infantile. You don't know how to debate. What does the troops sharing loyalty have anything to do with what I said? No wonder they don't find you amusing at the other site. What your father did means nothing to me. Obviously while he was in Vietnam, you were protesting and aiding and abetting the Hanoi government, or do you only do that when your blood relatives are not in danger.
ooook, and you just made my "mean nothing to me" list, I won't be replying to you anymore.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:35 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Iron -

What we try to do here is hold off on the personal attacks

I know, I've mismade my share and been on the receiving end of MORE than my share :cl:
Old 03-15-2004, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHAWK Iron -

What we try to do here is hold off on the personal attacks

I know, I've mismade my share and been on the receiving end of MORE than my share :cl:
I understand.

I kinda knew my views wouldn't be too popular here. They usually aren't aren't on the military type sites. If I wanted to to agree with everybody, I'd be posting at kerry.com. You know?

Some folks just lose it when they don't have the answer.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:57 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

so answer my question from the first page

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 03-15-2004, 01:09 PM

Quote:
How than do you support the troops by condemning the very government that sent them. Is that not what the Vietnamese cited as one of their main motivational factors?
I answered this. As I said, if I were serving today, I would put the politics aside and follows orders with pride. I support our troops for doing this, too. I support them for risking and giving their lives when called to do so. It?s doesn?t make the call right.

Quote:
You have stated that this is the same as Vietnam, are you going to turn and spit on the soldiers when they return?
I said, ?The troops didn't share the same loyalty coming home from Vietnam as they are coming home from Iraq.?

What kind of a question was that, you had? Get real, brah!
Old 03-15-2004, 01:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

No, I don't feel that you did answer it. This is not a polictical stage where you get to side step questions. You came on here stating this was wrong and that was wrong. Yet when people start questioning YOUR view point, you state an almost answer. I will ask again, in case you did not see my question the first time.

DID THE VIETNAMESE CITE THEIR MAIN MOTIVATIONAL FACTOR AS BEING THE PROTEST AND POLITICAL UNREST IN THE UNITED STATES?

Most of us can learn from history, although some refuse to.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 03-15-2004, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by catman No, I don't feel that you did answer it. This is not a polictical stage where you get to side step questions. You came on here stating this was wrong and that was wrong. Yet when people start questioning YOUR view point, you state an almost answer. I will ask again, in case you did not see my question the first time.

DID THE VIETNAMESE CITE THEIR MAIN MOTIVATIONAL FACTOR AS BEING THE PROTEST AND POLITICAL UNREST IN THE UNITED STATES?

Most of us can learn from history, although some refuse to.

Trav
They may have tried to as a propaganda tool to pump their troops. I think our troops are stronger than that, though. Don't you?

It was a false sense of support. That's hardly the reason we lost Vietnam. Though, I don't want to get into a Vietnam discussion, because that's off topic.

I think this war in Iraq isn't going well and it's not because of the Americans that disagree with the war. Also, as good as the war on Terror was going in the beginning, it too seems to be a faliure, as we watch Spain get attacked. Not to mention Bali, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, etc.