The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2005, 02:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Gimpy

Well, at least I got you off that race card! Thanks! Now to contracts: can you cite any misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in the awarding of any of these contracts? Do you have any idea what constitutes a legal contract? Obviously you don't, so here's a primer on contract law: the elements are (1) a legal offer, (2) a valid acceptance, and (3) consideration (for those in the swamps of Florida, that last point equates to money, cash, certified check, or other legal tender). You failed to point out if any of the elements were missing, or if there was graft or corruption attendant to the letting of the contracts and could not prove it, or were you just whining?

If you're whining about the speed of letting the contracts, (1) why should we wait, (2) the speed of the letting is directly proportional to the severity of need, and (3) are you comfortable switching from playing the race card to whining about executive compensation? Why should a perfectly legal deferred compensation contract make anyone but a bedwetting whiner sick at his stomach? If you had been smart enough, which is questionable, or if you had made a significant contribution to whatever civilian employer you might have had, which is problematic, you too might be receiving the benefits of the level of deferred pay now being enjoyed by the Vice President. Your continuing resentment toward people more successful than you ever were is no more becoming than you're playing the race card.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2005, 05:15 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

What Scout said...
Old 09-12-2005, 04:19 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well, well, well........

The Baton Rouge-based Shaw Group, CNN tells us, is a major corporate client of Joe Allbaugh, President Bush's former campaign manager and a former head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Among its Katrina-related contracts are this one valued up to $100 million from FEMA; and this one also valued up to $100 million from the Army Corps of Engineers.

But in their zeal to embarrass the Bush administration, CNN, and one of its pandering viewers, Gimpy, overlooks one very fat and inconvenient fact--and embarrasses only itself and himself.

The Shaw Group, a multi-billion-dollar conglomerate, is headed by Jim Bernhard, the current chairman of the Louisiana Democratic Party. Bernhard worked tirelessly for Democrat Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco's runoff campaign and served as co-chair of her transition team. Another Shaw executive was Blanco's campaign manager. Bernhard is back-scratching chums with Blanco, whom he has lent/offered the Shaw Group's corporate jets to on numerous occasions.

So, why was none of this mentioned in CNN's Bush-profiteers-are-evil narrative? Or in Gimpy's perpetual running of the mouth?

Fortunately for CNN, Gimpy, and other Bush-haters, they weren't the only ones guilty of this glaring omission:

UPI failed to note that the CEO of the Shaw Group also happens to be the Louisiana Democratic Party chairman and beleaguered La. Gov. Kathleen Blanco's most influential crony.

So did the London Observer.

And Reuters/MSNBC. And the CBC.

And the NYTimes (reprinted in the Minnesota Star Tribune, the Houston Chronicle, the Scotsman, and scores of media outlets around the world).

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-12-2005, 05:30 AM

I'm sick and tired of all the accusations being thrown around the media. I have one thought about this..If you have hard proof, not unnamed sources (hmmm, they can be made up ya know), present it..if not, STFU!
For example, it's one thing to say that Hillary is a b*tch (per unnamed sources), but that doesn't make it true. Provide her AKC registry..now there's proof.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:42 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Advisor...

GREAT SHOT!!!!!!!!!! ,...bu-dum-bum.
Though....true dog lovers might not appreciate the comparison?

Neil
Old 09-12-2005, 09:00 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Well if you think about the government in this type of analogy it may or may not help. Suppose you are a big bucks kind of person and own all the teams that ever make it to the Super Bowl as a result no matter who loses, you always win. That's my understanding of what is going on in Washington and our Government these days. No matter what they do they can't lose and in they end it doesn't matter if you are a member of any party because the fat ducks at the top of the food chain believe in the trickle down theory of incompetence and $h%t so that by the time it gets down to our level we have to file three forms and wait six months to get an answer to whether or not we're eligible for the model 1963 disposable cowboy hat (paper toilet seat cover for those of you federal nomenclature impaired people) that allows immediate and adequate one time protection from all trickle down $h%t based attacks on ones own personal self. If you are eligible then you get to go through the process of being measured, fitted, and indoctrinated on the use of said item (I understand it is a four hour block of instruction on the use and maintenance of said item so bring a pad and pencil and prepare to get real with some really difficult to grasp concepts.) Then you must wait for the proper forms to be filled and filed by those who do such work and wait until such time as an attack is imminent and said item will be issued to you by going to your local SSA office filling out forms to prove you are who you are and you will not sell said item for profit to anyone. At that time you will be given clearance and an online ID with which you can order said item and have it printed out on your printer or faxed to you. Understand this is a one time use number and any attempts to use your number more than once will be looked upon as a criminal and Federal offense and subject to the enforcement of applicable laws (Federal, State, and Local) in accordance with the Patriot Acts you will be charged with treason and subject to fines and imprisonment and interrogation at the whim of those that want to whim with you. By the way, the 90% of you that don't qualify are SOL but maybe we can hook you up with a slightly used but refurbished by the OEM that has been sitting in a warehouse in two feet of water for six years that is available to the general public in as is condition for the cost of manufacturing and storage at the low. low price of $32.99. We'll be in touch.

All joking aside, the buck stops here theory doesn't work like it used to. Instead it is looked upon as a hot potato and thrown to anyone that can catch. The further away from the most responsible person it can be thrown the better for all involved individuals because that is what we have. A Government of individuals with no ability to take responsibility for their actions regardless of their leanings. Just so the big Ducks at the top, regardless of their politics, don't have to deal with it and so they can always win. Seems like the Republic is turning toward something else. Name it with whatever name, but it doesn't bode well for those of us that are constantly called upon to serve our country in whatever way possible and are part of the 95% of the population that is constantly told that we're less than so we can feed the needs of the 5% that RULE! Houston, any suggestions?

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"
Old 09-12-2005, 11:27 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Well, well, well...

Things gets curioser and curioser, eh Scout?
Old 09-12-2005, 11:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sir Blue

In case you missed it, I have taken a blood oath to refrain from commenting on posters of incohent babbling.

Back to the point initially made by Gimpy about alleged graft and corruption sans evidence, I take it by his silence that my absolutely factual rejoinder may be interpreted as a stopper of his runaway mouth. Do you think he'll apologize for his erroneous ways? Nah, too much of a redneck liberal, eaten up with hatred.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:17 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Blue & Scout...

Thank you very much for the quick responses.
It's appreciated much more than you realize.

Hell, if not for your responses, I would still be trying to figure out what I was reading,...and why-the-hell I was even reading it.

Used to think I was pretty-quick and sharp?
Guess years are starting to take their toll?

Neil
Old 09-13-2005, 09:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Sir Blue

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperScout In case you missed it, I have taken a blood oath to refrain from commenting on posters of incohent babbling.

Back to the point initially made by Gimpy about alleged graft and corruption sans evidence, I take it by his silence that my absolutely factual rejoinder may be interpreted as a stopper of his runaway mouth. Do you think he'll apologize for his erroneous ways? Nah, too much of a redneck liberal, eaten up with hatred.
Nope..................once again SuperFella....... your overactive, derogatoty, disparaging and contempuous nature has shown it's ugly head, as usual.

Just because I have not had the time to respond to your feeble attempt to justify your 'FEARLESS FOSDICK of a LEADERS" inexcusable ineptitude and his 'cronies' corruption and inexplicable unaccountabilty does NOT indicate you could even FATHOM an adequate response to the charges being leveled at them from not ONLY citizens of THIS country but even from the majority of folks from the WORLD itself!

You see, I've been somewhat busy over at the local Vietnam Veterans of America chapter hall helping any way I can to see that the two tractor trailer loads of supplies my former comrades in arms have received from donations in this area get loaded and on their way to some of the smaller towns in Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana. We had these two truck loads and four U-Haul-it trailers go out this morning. Some of us have been given a couple of days off and will return on Thursday to hopefully have more ready to go.

Our first loads sent out this past Saturday were met with red tape and inept FEMA employees upon arrival in southern Mississippi and were held up for TWO FULL DAYS before allowing to be distributed.............SO THEN, we decided to 'BY-PASS" these idiots and go AROUND them and distribute them ourselves to the smaller towns and communities that are being overlooked by FEMA and (I must say) local authorities as well! We have 'teams' of four each Vietnam Vets from the Tampa/St. Pete area driving and distributing these goods and food/water supplies on each truck and U-Haul-it trailer load going & coming as we speak.

Your continued support of the failure of your heros' is just so much more futile and shows how blind you are to the facts. I WILL agree that the 'locals' deserve some scorn and disdain for their ineptness as well................but the Federal Governments lack of response in the initial days FAR exceeds ANY thing the 'locals' were responsible for!

Our 'boots on the ground' (Vietnam Vets from this area who've BEEN there and SEEN it) confirm it!

Have a nice day!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.