The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2004, 10:19 AM

Andy,

You broke my heart. I remember those days too and they are all gone now. But just thinking of all of together (those few times) sure stays in the back of head don't it.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2004, 02:36 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Larry,

I was married to my 1st wife for 11 years. Today, I still miss her...but that's only because someone tampered with the sights on my rifle!!!!
Old 11-16-2004, 04:19 AM

Larry my heart goes out to you at this time,I hate to see any marriage come to an end you'll be in my pray's to help you get through this time, I'm very lucky sunday my bride and I will be togrther 40 years she has had to put up with a lot of crap in those years. I'll be praing for you.
razz
Old 11-16-2004, 04:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Now thats funny Doc......My first wife lived out in the country where there is alot of hunting going on. About a year after I left her, she discovered a bullet hole in the house of which she tried to accuse me of trying to shoot her. I told her that I have been living in Florida (good alibi) and if I wanted to shoot her I wouldn't have missed (second good alibi) You could just feel the love in the air when we were together.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-16-2004, 06:20 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Last month would have been 7 years for me. Get my 6 year old daughter every other weekend. Next weekend will be the soon to be ex's 36 birthday. It sucks but can not compare to what we have already been through. Larry...I will share two pieces of advice a good friend has told me many times...1) Keep moving, and 2) Baby steps.

We will survive this.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 11-17-2004, 05:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

You guys are the best....and Bob K even quoted the Bible with out knowing it !!! Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers !! I am blessed to have you all as friends.

May God Bless,

Larry
Old 11-18-2004, 04:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Aw hell Larry. I knew it......Now go out and get laid.....It might be better than a road trip.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-19-2004, 11:27 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default A trip to the outhouse

That is what you need Larry, Ive been married and divorced so many times I can only remember #2 as THE PLAINTIFF.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:48 PM

Haven't seen the in'laws yet. Not likely to see much of them. We were never close. Thay aren't the warm nurturing kind, and my own family, fortunately for me, is. I will probably see at least my father-in-law at my 18-year-old's high school graduation this coming spring. I know he's asked her for the date. She's living on her own here. My ex will be out for that as well, which will be the first time I've seen her since we separated last February.

I will have most of my old immediate family here for Thanksgiving, including my sisters, their families and my daughter. All my kids will be at the ex's for Christmas, one daughter lives with her. She's flying the younger one out. My daughter who works for the US state department, is close by to Baltimore, as she does some retraining in D.C. before going to her next assignment and my son in the Army at Fort Bliss will split his Christmas leave time between Baltimore and Montana, so I will see him over the holidays. I'll miss not being there with all the kids together. With my two oldest being professionals in service of our country, it's hard to get them all in one place at the same time. But I'll have my chance later too.

I just try to put the best face on that. I can choose my response to what's around me. As my AA sponsor encourages me to do, I choose to "live in the sunshine."

I'll survive the in-law encounter in May. I'll be cordial. They will be too. I don't plan to linger any longer in their presence than would be polite. As I said, we were never that close through 28 years of marriage. We aren't going to start now and my happiness no longer depends on keeping them happy.
"No one has greater love than this; to lay down one's life for one's friends.". John 15:13
Old 11-19-2004, 07:59 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Just tucked my 6 year old in. First time I have had her over night since we separated. Many mixed emotions right now.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!