Contributor 

Right On Scamp!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2003, 12:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Dittos

scamp, beautifully stated, to the point, with a degree of accuracy and integrity seldom seen.

"Social improvement is mainly a leberal thing?" The absolute prejudice, not to mention the actual stupidity of this statement is rampant. The local board of directors for our Habitat for Humanity here is replete (that's a "bunch" for you folks in Rio Linda) with conservatives, and so was the other board I was a member of in another city in Texas. An organization at my church has performed so many compassionate services for anybody that needs them that it is hard to keep up with the totals, as if we gave a big fig about the totals. And the vast number of workers in this organization are compassion conservatives. These are not isolated cases, but are replicated across America by the thousands, weekly, monthly, all without fanfare, but getting things done. To imply that liberals have a monoply on social improvements can only be uttered by totally uninformed bigots.

You want to question my integrity, then do so with extreme prejudice. I'm proud to quote, to associate with, to read David Horowitz, Ann Coulter and other conversative thinkers. The attacks on them is not the message they bring to the airwaves and other media, because their message is true, but is the politics of personal destruction. Find an untrue part of Ann Coulter's book "Treason"; if you don't like the book, that's one thing, but dispute the facts?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-15-2003, 01:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Col.,
I read Ann Coulters book and she?s a bit over the top here and there, in my opinion, but certainly not the ? NAZI Bitch? the Liberals claim. All in all it was a damn good read and very thought provoking. My daughter bought Hillary?s book so for my next trip to Reno, we?ll do a book swap deal and I?ll see what Hillary has to say for herself. That should be interesting and a contrast to what Ann had to say. Is there a good book title by David Horowitz? My curiosity is up now and I?d like to see what he has to say.

Scamp
Old 09-15-2003, 02:38 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Ms. Coulter with, possibly, Mr. Horowitz have the potential to mature beyond infotainers and do some good for the homeland.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Scamp

Try "Radical Son: A Generational Odyssey," by David Horowitz. At one point in time, he was a radical leftist, a rather dangerous sort, until he had his political epiphany. He is extremely learned, a gifted writer, and as a former radical, knows of what he speaks. Enjoy his book!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-15-2003, 05:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Larry,

Naw---"nice" don't work very well with SOME folks around here. But, I'll keep "tryin"---unlike some others! :cd: :cd: :cd:

Scamp----Gimmie a freakin braek here will ya? Can't you TELL when I'm "funnin" about shit like this? Well, some of it was funnin anyway! I never meant to insinuate that ALL "republicans" were numbskulls and unable to get positions in teaching at institutions of higher learning. Just a WHOLE BUNCH of them! :cl: :cl:

James--I truly believe YOUR "explanation" of the "lack" of conservative/republicans in academia is much more in line with the facts than mine. Also, your "opinion" of David H. and Ann (Storm Trooper) Coulter!

SuperWhatever---Your apparent "pride" to claim an "association" with or to "quote" these so-called "thinkers" of the neo-con right with such "enthusiasim" is NOT a surprise at all! You "fit" right in with them!

Blue----Do you EVER suppose you''ll understand the new "Emperor"??????? :cd: :cd: :cd:

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Here's some suture material

Now that you had your head handed to you on a silver platter, Gimpy, may I be so generous as to offer you some catgut to help you sew it back on? You didn't sound like your were "funnin" with Scamp, and now that you got caught in another example of your intolerance, you start side-stepping like a crawdad in heat. And you should get a gold star to stick on your little report card for parroting the leftists' newest buzz-word, "neo con." Congratulations for demonstrating, once again, your lockstep and ovine suck-up to the leftists, and your typically closed mind response of "shooting the messenger" rather than respond to the valid criticism.

Old 09-15-2003, 07:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Seascamp :

I want to congratulate you on a well reasoned, logical, passionate, and under the circumstances, quite restrained, analysis of "higher education". Some folks who post here ( some left of center....some right of same ) are unable, unwilling, and apparently doomed to only see their "own little corner of reality". I believe I have come to a point in my almost 55 years of life, Thank God, where I can read, listen, watch, and deal with anyone's opinions or slant on a subject with dignity, respect, and tolerance and use some of that person's information to add to my knowledge about a given subject.... And perhaps help them as well....

Again, thanks for a great post !!!

Larry
Old 09-15-2003, 07:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Gimpy -
Scout and I go back and forth about lots of things, have good days and bad, tired and wide awake, angry and calm.

We agree on a number of very important things, and not so much on others... or at least we're skeptical of one another in a gentlemanly sort of way at times.

I learn a heck of a lot more here on PF than I ever did in school though, that much is for sure... when people will answer a direct question.

Maybe I could ask you... what is a LRRP?
Old 09-15-2003, 07:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

LRRP = Long Range Reconnaisance Patrol

go into Google...lots of links..

Larry