The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2003, 11:17 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Prayers that all goes well and the family has him home soon.

Arrow>>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2003, 02:00 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up GET WELL REAL SOON DRIFTER

Hey DRIFTER:

Just heard that you had to report for SICK CALL and presently are not feeling like you could WHIP YOUR WEIGHT IN WILDCATS. Here is hoping that you get BACK ON YOUR FEET AGAIN REAL SOON!

Seriously though, all of your Brothers and Sisters, here on The Patriot Files, will keep you in all of our Thoughts and Prayers. We are all hoping that you get well as quickly as possible and can again join us on this Forum. We all are a big FAMILY here; and when one of us is not feeling his best, the rest of us share in his distressed condition.

GET WELL AND RETURN TO US--REAL SOON:

(These are all of our Prayers going out to you as rapidly as possible. You should be receiving them almost immediately now)

WELCOME HOME BROTHER:

VIETNAM 1968
Old 12-05-2003, 03:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Roger the Prayer Mission is on going and not expected to let up until your better.. Chris
Old 12-05-2003, 03:31 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Roger...Have missed you around the site, i hope that everything goes well and you will be back with us soon. You and yours will be in my prayers tonight and every night until you are healthy again.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 12-05-2003, 03:52 PM

Paryers on the way. God bless you and your family.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Unhappy ROGER

Didn't they tell you Gyrenes about drinkin' the rice paddy water straight?

Kath and I will have you and Ellie in our prayers and thoughts. Get well and stay tough, Marine. Hope to see you back real soon. You've been a huge contributor to this site, and you're sorely missed.

SEMPER FI
Old 12-06-2003, 08:05 AM

Default Here's the latest.

Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2003 8:42 AM
Subject: Re: ok, darlin'.

Good Morning Warren.....

Too make this a little easier this is what I have posted on Leatherneck.......

Warren I'm getting some sleep....better than the pass few days.....and yes I'm eating......My 4 brats are making sure of that......Who is going to do their wash for them to get to work....LOL......My children are my strength.....The Support that I'm receiving from my Family, Friends Old and New, and the Marine Family have pulled me to keep going during this difficuilt time....

Weather here is hindering us....Snowing for 2 days...so I haven't been able to see Roger....but we are on the phone all the time.....

Roger is doing good, tired and a little weak but still in good spirits...They want him to relax...as much as possible...before surgery....on Monday....right now they are saying morning......Since he has pretty well cleaned out their blood bank....LOL....and have his hemoglobin count up to where they feel comfortable...he did not need any blood yesterday.......

He did have another test yesterday, wasn't for the surgery....it was to check his lungs....Roger has emphysema...which we pretty well guessed.....So, I guess my son and I will...quit.....Makes you think twice.....

Thank You All for Your Support......

Ellie, and Roger's four Brats.....
Old 12-06-2003, 08:19 AM

Default FRISCO!!!!!

You certainly know better than that!!!! You can't teach a thick headed Marine nothing!!!!!! And any JARHEAD will do his best to whip anything, that confronts them!!!
SF
NC
Old 12-06-2003, 10:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up BONES

Thanks for the update on Roger. Relieved to hear he's doing better. Also, it seems that his family is optimistic. That's a good thing. Exactly what put him into the hospital? I guess I missed this. I caught the statement about the emphazema, but that wouldn't cause the need to remove a kidney. Sounds like some pretty serious stuff.

HUMPER: That's a true story! You can always tell a Marine,.........but you can't tell 'em much.

My first contact with Marines was in the Army Jump School at Ft. Benning, GA. There were four Recon Marines going through. All NCO career Marines. Some REAL tough guys. Most of us Army guys were E-1&2s, so they really impressed us. They were pretty nice guys, but kept to themselves most of the time. The one memory of them that sticks out the most with me is that if one was dropped for push-ups, they all four dropped. They would do the required number of push-ups and "ONE MORE FOR THE CORPS!" Always hoped those guys did okay in Nam which, like the rest of us, was where they were going after training. ALWAYS had a big respect for our DIM-WITTED COUSINS .
Old 12-06-2003, 10:30 AM

Default Re: BONES

Quote:
Originally posted by frisco-kid Exactly what put him into the hospital?

HUMPER: That's a true story! You can always tell a Marine,.........but you can't tell 'em much.

Roger had some weakness and breathin' problems. They went to the hospital and done some tests, next thing ya know they're pumpin' him full of blood and testin' him. Come to find out his one kidney was bleedin' internally.

You can tell a Marine a lot. Doesn't mean he's gonna listen.