Bye Skeeter!!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2004, 08:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Darn griz I do believe skeeter was just putting us on with a little sarcasim shoot I makes fun of us too.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

sorry...just don't see any thing to celebrate or laugh about...just IMHO.

Larry
Old 04-08-2004, 11:44 PM

Default Look like English isn't Read in Iraq

I think the young troop just put one over on CNN. I bet ole Jennings would have loved that photo about as much as he loves ole Tobeys song.
Skeeter we used to paint on sheets and hold them up for the Russians in the Med on the ship I was on. It said "Have a Marlboro!". You know they never landed one helo on our deck, wonder why?
Get over it. I am sure the troop didn't dip his wick, just funnin and I like it.
Just my humble opinion.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:01 AM

Well, it's funny and tasteless too. I guess people just have to decide which is more important to them.
Old 04-09-2004, 04:15 AM

Man, if you don't know what that picture was all about, I feel for ya.

Does yer head hurt or what? I know ya ain't thinkin' none.

That is rollin' on the floor, Laugh out Loud, Funny!

"Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."..."Mess with the Marines,will ya?"... " Kill my best friend will ya?"... "Couple kids come in here and try to find out what we're up to so he can tell his Daddy, huh? So, what? Bring it on, Pops."... "Mebbe I'll get tossed inna brig and get out of here?" ...and more, much more...

Dark humor in a very dark time for those Marines on a personal basis.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:00 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Who knows, the Lcpl coulda done the boy a big favor, by the looks of smiles all 'round...

I recall a conversation with Pretty Elk, an Absaloke, g-g-grandpup of Yellow Tail (who had a Scout relationship w/our 7th Cav long ago) ... when discussing his tribe's feelings about the Lakota who had sorta spread themselves all over the place in those parts (more or less the way the Dine did/do in Hopi country)... Anyhoo, he was describing the ancient animosity between their peoples, and one cause for it was the Lakota riding on down into Montana to steal people's wives and daughters, take them up north and make babies.

It's one sure way to build a population of new genetic material, and is pretty much SOP in war, ain't it?

As for the sister being "knocked up", maybe she said, "Sure, let's have a go!"

Strange picture, but the story ain't IN the picture...
Old 04-09-2004, 06:34 AM

Hey goes around comes around - I think its quite funny and if the troops get a laugh out it - hey - go for it! It's a joke they just don't get it!

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:00 AM

Default What's In The Picture?

I know the humor side of the picture, or what it's intent. But the sad part is what associated with it, a Marine.. From the beginning years and maybe just at the end of the Vietnam war, there was a definition on the word Military and what it stood for... "aggressive Military spirit fit for war".. Oh!.. how did that change during the Vietnam war and since.
Military men, (if that is what we can call them today) don't lend themselves to such as this picture represents.

When I retired in 1974, there was a mass departure of officers from the ranks, for what and a lot of others would call poor judgement types that was coming into the military. We all said, " the military will never be like the old day". And the picture is the first post proves it..

Now as for me "taking a hike", I, never, never let a "non-com" give me orders.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Attention all you non-cons

... or whatever the schmeck that is! Guess I'm also a non-con, as I've never been convicted of a crime.

Many people left the military in the 70's, mainly because the morale was in the toilet, and the cause of that can be laid directly at the feet of Jimmy Carter, perhaps the worst President our nation has ever had to endure.

Our military is better than ever, better led, better equipped, and better supported (by most), and stands as a World Class Fighting Force. If one enterprising Marine can display a fince sense of humor in an otherwise bleak and dangerous environment, my Mustang's hat is off to him. And as for all troops there, including our #2 pup, I pray for them daily. God Bless America, and our fighting warriors!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."