The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 10:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well Gimpy......

As I recall the process, the next step will be a submission to Congress, a debate, negotiation and perhaps and maybe a drafted bill. If the proposal is unsatisfactory to the majority of the house and a negotiated agreement can?t be reached, the whole thing goes into the limbo bit bucket. The bottom line to the process is that everyone gets to pitch a bitch, suggest alternatives or whatever. I presume your elected representative in Congress will listen to your condemnation of the proposal and will act on your behalf.

About the only thing I see that is of merit is that there will be a Congressional discussion and a debate on an issue that usually resides under the carpet and/or gets ignored. I?m not optimistic that this proposal will go anywhere but the limbo bit bucket. If I were in Congress I?d want to know exactly what is to be done about the free-for-all mass border running and exactly how this proposal will stem the tide. Short of those answers, I wouldn?t be a positive supporter of half measures.

The US ought to have a look as to how the German Government handles their guest worker program as a model of how things can work for all. But successive US administrations have an intense dislike for anything NIH (not invented here) and foreign success stories.

And by the way Gimpy rumor has it that I?m literate and can read as well as anyone. Given that, I do know the difference between a proposal and an established and agreed to Congressional action. As well, I think it a healthy thing to give proposals an objective review as part of the process. Last I heard, that?s what we supposedly pay our Congressional representatives to do.

Scamp
Old 01-07-2004, 10:31 AM

The Next Pres:

Juan/Pedro/Javiar/nabor/Jesus/Alberto/ Perez.

The reason they got all them names is cause:

They dont know who there Daddy is.......

enough.......
Old 01-07-2004, 11:05 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question

Result of CNN pole on this issue, as of this moment -
11:00 AM (PST), 7 January 2004

23% - Agree with Bush policy on illegals
64% - Disagree with Bush
13% - Have no opinion (Brain Dead)

Now, do you feel that this and other factors will translate into votes in November?

VERITAS
Old 01-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Doc.2/47

Gimpy and Larry-

On THIS issue I'm in total agreement with you boys.

It might be well to remember that at one time the people of South Africa were essentially all caucasians.Then they tried a guest worker program.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well Scamp,

"Rumor" has it that the "objective sources" abound, and are evidently somewhat "vocal" regarding the "subject matter" being discussed.

Result of CNN pole on this issue, as of this moment -
11:00 AM (PST), 7 January 2004

23% - Agree with Bush policy on illegals
64% - Disagree with Bush
13% - Have no opinion (Brain Dead)

It also appears that a goodly number of folks around here feel similarly? Given that, I'm surely glad that you ARE literate and can read as well as anyone, I never said you weren't. I also know the difference between a proposal and an established and agreed to Congressional action. That's the problem my friend, it appears that these type of"proposals" seem to flourish and gain acceptance with the current republican led Congress..........while those "proposals" of a more "friendly" nature to we military disabled veterans and the dependents seem to flounder and diminish in consideration before this legislative body........not to mention the President himself with HIS broken promises!

Have a nice day!

PS.............Bluehawk---Last time I saw Super he was brewing up a pot of "crow stew" from the sweat dripping from his overheated forehead over this latest "issue" of "wet-backs" ...............as HE calls them......not me! I'm like you. I can't WAIT to hear his "explanation" for this latest bit of hi-jinx from his "boy"!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-08-2004, 04:36 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Gimpy -
Well, I am interested in the Scout's view about this, but maybe for different reasons. He and I are partisan about the current President, you know... we like the guy.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-08-2004, 07:37 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry

Attention All -

If I read the following correctly (Copley News Services), this could put each and every American in competition for their jobs with "Mr. Bush's Legal-Illegals" in the future. "And just what in the Hell makes any of you think that it will end there!?"

Quote:
Also unprecedented is the fact that the workers could be employed in any industry, instead of simply farm work, as in the past. The program also would abandon requirements that the Labor Department certify that legal workers aren't available before foreign workers could have the jobs. All that would be necessary is for an employer to say he was employing the worker.
"If granted just this one more territorial demand, I will make no more demands in the future!" (Adolf Hitler, Nazi Germany, circa late 1930s I believe?)

"We all know how that ended up", and even if the Panzers have been replaced with political bull-shit, this is still an invasion. The red carpet that is being rolled out here, however, may be frought with pieces of a shattered American Economy?! (opinion)

VERITAS
Old 01-08-2004, 08:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Go easy HC, the thing is still a proposal and nobody (at least on here) yet has much idea of the full legislation wording... at least not that I can discern to date.

In any event, this matter in no way bears any resemblance whatsoever to the "one more territorial demand" Hitler was asking for... unkind HC, unkind to the Prez.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-08-2004, 01:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sorry Blue,

But HARDCORE is absolutely RIGHT!

The only on being "unkind" is GEE-DOUBLE-U!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-08-2004, 06:34 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking

Hell Gents, kindness is my middle name! I guess some would have me put on blinders, pop a few pills, bury my head, and play the part of those three proverbial monkeys - See no evil, Hear no evil, say no evil!

Sorry, I misplaced my blinders, ran out of happy pills, my head is already buried (along with the rest of me, thanks to some in the bureaucratic menagerie), and as for those three monkeys, if playing blind, deaf and dumb is the only way to make brownie points, I will just have to surrender my merit badges, but never my soul!

VERITAS