The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2006, 12:07 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

AB

Cacti green, Your lucky to know him, say howdy for my, from a Cacti Green of a different era.
Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2006, 12:21 PM

39mto39g!

My friend Vic served in Alpha company (1st Platoon) from July 1968 to June 1969. So he actually arrived to the Bn only just 1 month after you DEROS:ed. He already knows I have "met" you on this forum, as I told him as soon as I could of that I had "met" another Cacti Green online. Will most certainly give him your regards when we meet. As I wrote, it has been 3,5 years since we last did so. Far to long in between! And I would really, Really, enjoy meeting You aswell someday Ron!!! When so, dinner is "on me".

T G C!

Sincerely
A.B "Honorary Life Member, 35th Inf Rgt assn".
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

A company 1 Bn 35th inf is a fine group of men. ask him if he recalls the memory of Alpha companies RTO, Alpha Minor, Hoakie was the guys last name. Good friend of mine.
1/35 was in some pretty big fights in VN and I don't imaging it got any better after I left. Glade to see he held up the Cacti.
Our brothers the Cacti blue also

Ron
Old 12-09-2006, 01:08 PM

Will ask Vic regarding Hoakie.

Have good friends of "Cacti Blue" aswell, though I will not be able to meet them this time either. When I checked the latest past reunion, I noticed that there were a few more "Cacti Brown" (3rd Bn, Korea) Veterans attending the reunion also. Feels good that more of the Cacti Browns are also joining now. Otherwise, they also have their own Bn-assn aswell, evidently based in somewhere in the New England-area. Can not recall exactly were though, as of right now....

There were loose plans some time ago, to ractivate Cacti Green again, and to assign it to the new 4th Bde of the 25th ID. But plans changed, and the reactivation was stoped in favor of other units. Looks as if the 4th Bde of the 25th will be Abn. "?"

T G C!

Sincerely
A.B
Old 12-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

AB
were you 1/35?
Ron
Old 12-16-2006, 02:58 PM

39mto39g!

I wish to apologize to you, if I have given you the impression of that I am a Cacti Viet Nam Veteran myself. As I am "Honorary Life Member" of the 35th Inf Rgt, I however have not served in the Cacti Regiment myself, as active serving soldier.

I posted a little about myself in a post on this forum earlier, as there was a Veteran whom wanted to know a little about "who" I am, and why I am in contact with Veterans of US Armed Forces. If you wish, you can see "who" I am so to say, by that post. Direct link to that post is:

http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/sh...038#post249038

As I write this very post as of right now, it is now less than 37 hours until my plane takes off, and I am then on my way to meet my friend of Cacti Green. Take Good Care!

Sincerely
A.B
Old 12-18-2006, 07:35 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

A.B.
You owe me no apology. I was thinking you were a Cacti member not a Marine or a Cav Guy. (For those that don't know, IT's A joke)
How did you become a "Honorary Life Member" ?
Ron
Old 01-06-2007, 06:53 PM

Ron!

Well, I am now back home again, as of less than 36 hours now. Had a Great time together with my friend Vic and his family, aswell as also meeting other Veterans whom are friends of Vic. Some I had met during my previous visits, others were "new faces".

Regarding how I became Honorary Life Member of the Regiment. Well, that was brought up to discussion by 1 of the assn's board of members with the other board of members. As I understand it, the the board of members took a vote about granting me this indeed Great Honor, and as a result of that vote, I was "voted in to the family of the Regiment" so to say. So I have a "member card" for the Regiment, as all other members of the Regimental assn also have. I did however not seek/"apply for" this, nor did I even know anything at all about all of that, until after the vote had taken place. The fact that I had been granted this Honor, came as a total surprise to me, when I was informed of what had taken place. I try my hardest to prove myself worthy of this trust and Honor, of which I have been granted by the Regiment.

T G C!

Sincerely
A.B
Old 01-07-2007, 01:41 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

A.B.
Why would a Member bring up to the other members, your name for Honorary Life Member of the Regiment? What did you do that they felt warranted you being a Life member?
Just curious.
Ron