The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2006, 04:47 PM

By the way, Scout, I do hope you don't think the Geological Column exists anywhere but textbooks.

And first cause is another issue. The guy that developed the "Big Bang" theory, when he had stated it, went on to say, "now we just don't know what caused the bang." Hokking, I think his name was.

R$W (payday tomorrow)
We get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads. So I\'m just really intelligent and my head coudn\'t hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me. That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2006, 04:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default RW

There seems to be a fairly accurate representation of geologic time in the strata in the Grand Canyon. Kindly keep in mind that it was almost 40 years ago when I completed the course in P.G., and I've slept since then. Do you have a problem with the G.C.?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-21-2006, 05:54 PM

The Grand Canyon is probably the best place in the world for observing the geological layers but there are some problems. First of all, not all of the layers are represented. The second problem is that rarely are the stratas layered in the sequence they should be.

RW
We get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads. So I\'m just really intelligent and my head coudn\'t hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me. That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Became a ?doodle bugger? my first bit of time out of Vietnam and was chasing oil prospects all over North Africa. A doodle bugger is the guy that sets up the seismographic shots and does the data acquisition and initial data formatting. Anyway, the work product was strata profile that presented sand, fragmented rock, shale, bedrock formations, voids, lava flows, etc. for a very long way down. Mostly, the strata profiles looked like a multi-layer cake a mob of drunken frat boys made; very random thickness, crash sites, busted up strata places. The Geologists could read the profiles and make drilling judgments with a high degree of accuracy but that was done at the playback center in either London or Milan, not in the field. So I have only a small amount of knowledge of what would seem to be witchcraft or musings of ancient alchemists in Milan or London.

Looks to be a very violent place under there and the fights have take place over hundreds of thousands of millenniums. So it doesn?t seem strange to me that things would seem out of place at the Grand Canyon. From the strata profiles, it wasn?t all that unusual to see the same strata level sheer, one side ride up over the other, and yet another fill the gap in between. Somewhat reminiscent of a very long, slow train wreck that never ends, if one can imagine that.

My keyboard tells me that the earth is, indeed, very old and the era of man is but the most minor tic on a very long, long running clock. Perhaps some hundreds of thousands of millenniums from now our era will be some carbonized strata layer and some intelligence form will get an argument about the mythology of alleged very ancient gargoyles that supposedly were around at the time.

Scamp
Old 02-27-2006, 08:24 PM

The earth is flat and if you sail more that 500 miles from the coast you will fall offf the edge! Thsi is FACT because Pope Benedict said it way back in the 14th century and what the Pope said is good enough for me! But.....hold on.......the ancient Romans said that the world was the Mediterranean Sea supported on the back of a Turtle......could they have been wrong?.........then in the 15th century the Church convicted Galilelo of heresy and sentenced him to a life of house arrest because he was bold enough to state that the Earth revolved around the Sun instead of the other way around. WHO IS RITGHT?........my best guess.......NOBODY!
Old 02-28-2006, 01:54 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Good one Murph! I think you hit the nail on the head!

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"
Old 03-01-2006, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

God created Heaven and Earth and there wasn't anything to praise God so God created living things, They didn't have enough brain power to use what God had put on Heaven and Earth to benifit themselves, much less praise their Creator, so He created man in His own image. We've been using and abusing everything that He put here before us in order to prosper in our world. God's a jealous and selfish Creator. All He ask for thanks and I'll thank Him everyday that He gives me and look forward to the day when I'll be able to look Him in the eye because I've made Him happy that He created me. I wouldn't even be able to do that if it weren't for His Son that man nailed to a cross. Not for His sins mind you, but mine.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:42 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

The Creator of all that is, is not selfish, self serving, nor jealous. The Creator just is. The universe is unfolding just as it is supposed to. Maybe we as his creations try too hard to bend the will of Creator for our own selfish, self serving purposes, and petty jealousies thus making it easier to absolve ourselves of guilt and once again point the finger at something bigger than us that we don't understand?

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"
Old 03-01-2006, 01:46 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Fellas...

This is some truly Heavy Stuff, Friends.
My compliments to you all for understanding it so well.

Hell,...I've haven't even figured-out that:...
"Which came first - Chicken or Egg" bit, yet.

Whatever, rest assured that all educators, politicians
and journalists will decide the only way right, and
pretty-much like most everything else, dictate how and
what must be accepted or believed by EVERYONE (or not).

Hey, Remember?
This is America and/or just One Big Happy Family.
Well,...at least if don't make waves and do as told.

Neil