The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2004, 08:14 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Ron,
I'm surprised at you. I didn't figure you to be one so swayed by a bunch of guys playing with a ball.

Chilidog
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2004, 07:41 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default New England Patriots, AFC Champions!!

Well, folks, it was quite a game and perhaps the loudest I've ever had the pleasure of attending. Whenever the Colts had the ball, the roar was deafening. It was so loud that we had trouble hearing the firing commands but we worked out a series of hand signals so we could continue our practice of firing whenever the Pats scored. But another problem arose. There were so many photographers in front of us, we couldn't fire the first 2 times the Pats scored out of fear of injuring someone, but we talked to them and they graciously allowed us to pass between them for the rest of the game whenever the opportunity arose.

At one point, Tom Brady's sister joined us in the endzone for a photo op, and, man, is she hot!! Not only would I,but I think I did!! I'm glad I was wearing a long coat!

Now its on to Houston where the Pats will "Lick the Pussies!"...er...I mean "Beat the Panthers!".

Here's a photo of Pats NT, Ted "General" Washington, holding the Lamar Hunt Trophy, surrounded by us. I'm in the extreme top right corner. Well, at least my eyes are!
Old 01-19-2004, 08:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking I knew it!

The Minute Men would ambush the ponies.

Andy,

I've been telling you I'm a prophet!

Keith
Old 01-19-2004, 10:09 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Playing with a ball

CD pointed out my opinion of people that play with a ball. CD you are correct. I watch College and high school sports. I don't watch NFL. Now there are no absolutes in this world so I will confess that You can catch me at a sports bar during Super Bowl, (not this year)
I guess its jelousy that people can make 5 or 10 million $ a year to play with a ball. I don't blame the guys, If I could, Id be right next to them, Its just shows what we Americans think things are worth.

Rev-Doc
The cloths you said you wore, Is this what they would have worn in there day? Kinda wild, Course they didn't have RODMAN.

Ron
Old 01-19-2004, 10:45 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default Ron

I've gotta agree with you about professional athletes. These guys have it made for most of their lives. They get a free education at some excellent schools, millions of dollars in salary and endorsements, then say they're insulted and not shown respect when they feel they don't get enough dough when their contracts come up. Then, when their playing days are over, the can cash in their former professional status when it comes to business opportunities. I also love it when, during interviews, they say, "First of all, I want to thank my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for giving me the ability to..." (my interpretation, now) "...kick the living crap out of those assholes!"

As for the clothing, oh yeah, that's what they wore. We do extensive research into Rev War "fashions" and all our clothing is tailor made using all natural materials (no nylon, dacron, or even poly-blends). Its made from flax, wool, silk, or cotton. After the Titans game (played last Saturday night in sub-zero temps) I weighed my clothing and it came to 29 pounds! And that didn't include shoes, hat, canteen, cartouche box, or musket. No wonder I was tired! The men at Valley Forge would've killed to have had half that much to wear.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs down Revwarddoc

The way it comes across is my Jesus is better than their Jesus. I as minister have always felt it was a little tacky. But, I think what they are saying is: "I'm glad that God gave me the talent and strenghth to play good football." I think something like that would be more appropriate. I'm glad that they aren't embarrassed about their faith, but the time and place seems a little ackward.

Revwardoc with 29 lbs you are just living in a portable house.

I would guess my ice fishing clothing would be about the same thing.

Keith
Old 01-19-2004, 11:54 AM

Okay, let's see the Patriots play near Boston and their nickname is the Pats. Guess they have the luck of the Irish on their side this year! I honestly hope that Boston has at least ONE winning team this year.

Hey Dan...nice eyes!
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 01-19-2004, 12:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Question My Guess?

Pats Loose in Super Bowl. by 6

Keith
Old 01-19-2004, 12:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

USA Today's line is New England by 7 over Carolina.I would rather watch women mud wrestling
Old 01-20-2004, 05:07 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default DL, Keith, and DMZ-LT

Dragon Lady, thanks for "nice eyes". All compliments are gratefully accepted. If you have any bikini shots of yourself, please feel free to add them to the forum.

Keith, Pats lose?! Them's fightin' words 'round here but, they're also bettin' words. How 'bout a lobster dinner for two against whatever's the state of Washington specialty?

DMZ-LT, tell you the truth, I'd rather watch female mud wrestling, too, as long as I'm sittin' in the bar where its happening. But in lieu of that, I'll be watching the Super Bowl where the Pats will romp 'em and stomp 'em, whomp 'em and bomp 'em. GO PATS, LICK THE PUSSIES!!