The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Bob
Me , Wife and kid have 5 Fords. Go right ahead.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2006, 09:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default money,...

...I think whats not being said is the money trail,...

...when buying American, your money stays here, your jobs stay here, your family prospers as American value improves,...

...the "quality edge' was there back then with the jap cars/truck, and along with them whoring down the price,...

... as their """workers""' who """""work""""""' for the """""cup of rice""""""", and their job progressed, while ours pressed on for the American dream, a future, home, etc, the balence shifted with the CEO's, and retirement chomping down the profits,...

...As I said before, whe the shi+ hits the fan, put a chain between both, and I'll drag your a$$ backwards, and over the hill in the recycled tuna can, and turn around, and run over you, period,...

...Buying jap is a sellout,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Brand loyalty comes to screeching halt when there is a real or perceived lack of customer loyalty on the vendor end. Really rude product quality and indifference to product quality switched me away from GM first, then Ford and now I?m Ok with Chrysler products, for now. If they get the ?don?t give a shits? then I look at what the niparoos or fritizes have, maybe.

I?ve owned Harleys and they?re Ok, mostly, but definitely a flatlander bike not an alpine bike, yikes. No thrill in the world like grabbing a handful of front brake and finding no one home due to boiled brake fluid; especially on a downhill switchback and knowing I?m not ?airborne? qualified.

Scamp
Old 12-04-2006, 10:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Curtis
Did you say "jobs stay here"?....You should do more research
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 12-04-2006, 10:41 AM

TV's, VCRs, CD Players, DVDs, ovens, ranges, microwaves, speakers,computers, printers, cameras, etc. We all got 'em..how many are built in the good ol' USA? Not many, I'd wager.
As for GM, I will never, ever buy a vehicle from them. I had an engine blow up after 36000 mi...out of warranty so they said. Had the cylinder's miked & guess what, they were out of factory tolerance. Garbage.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Curtis
We don't agree often , But when you stated " when buying American, your money stays here" was never a more correct statement, In spite of Bobs opinion. That "Made in USA" means a great deal. Ford owns companies all over the world and those companies provide parts for ''Made In USA" Fords. While Yota have companies all over the world and there money goes to Japan. Made in Japan products are good, SO, Made in USA products are good also.With one, maybe, exception, Jap police officers seem to be better than , oh lets say, Indiana police officers. I think we should hire several thousand Jap officers and have them shipped to Indiana, Find out what Indiana officers are being paid and match that plus a little, subsidized by the Jap government. The Jap officer is more attentive to detail and is less prone to violence or racial bigotry, the jap officer is just a better police officer than anyone from Indiana. But then I live in Texas, and we ARE the best. Ask any Texan.
Ron
Old 12-04-2006, 12:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Deja Vu... How many times can you guys beat a dead horse ?

Larry
Old 12-04-2006, 12:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

You're right Larry...Deja Vu right down to the Japanese police officers, Besides I'd rather talk about bearded clams.
bOOger

God bless the ACLU
Old 12-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

MD
Deja Vu? I must be getting old. I don't recall. And certainly not Jap PD officers. But then, Bob is from Indiana.
Besides that, There is nothing new in this world, we are ALL discussing previous stuff, Some of us just don't Know it. The only thing wrong with discussing stuff in the past is when someone say "Deja Vu... " 1+1=2 Deja Vu..., ? No shit . That little tab that says respond, Just don't click on it, Deja Vu...
If you or Bob would EVER start a thread , I could also give you a Deja Vu... , . But you and he, do not,so , there ya go.

Ron
Hang,,,,,,Fire.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Bob,...

...you know I ""'luv""' you man, and we will agree, and disagree as brothers over this until the last breath,...

...I was raised by a certified GM master mechanic, and watched him work from the time I could walk, talk, and listen, and listen is what I did the most, which is why I can do the walk, and talk now, right down to the 4 inch piston, by 3.48inch stroke, (stock of course), I build them, and when I build them, they scream, and will go to the extreme ends of the tolerance level, and they don't come apart ,they don't fail, they work, and nothing I've ever built has had "it's a$$ kicked" by any tuna can weather it be speed, handling, or "chained up,...

... but I think what it boils down to is again, the big picture, not so much ""'just the individualistic personal satisfaction, yes everyone should be satified, however in saying that, here we go,...

...when a Nation has a company within it's boundaries, and those employees, it's citizens, it's heart, and soul and then those citizens then make money from their hard work, they spend their money in THIS Nation, and the money stays here, and is recycled among our own.

...In doing research, you might want to also, and find out how many more people have been injured worse in jap cars/trucks vs American, you'll find that in chest declarations, femur loads, and HIC's,(head injury criteria) that the percentage is higher on almost every other make other then American models over the years, you'll find that insurance costs to repair are more because they wreck more, why do they wreck more, and hurt more people, because they are lighter, and do not hold the road they way a heavier American automobile does, yes they can be more mechanical reliable at times, but I, and many others would rather put my friends, and families safety well above MPG's,...

...2nd owner, and 3rd owner costs soar when it comes to repairs, and all the bullshi+ about warranties being 10 years, 100,000 miles is just that BULL, it doesn't matter how long you label a warranty if it's in the shop 47 times for various small annoying bullshi+, it's down time for the customer, and the working American, i've seen it for years,and it will continue for years as the public gets sucked in by advertising, plain, and simple,...

...I seen the market from both sides for 40 years, and I do respect your thoughts, but tell it to the new troops,........

...edit, advisor, your situation is understandable, but I have personally seen things warrantied well over milage, and time, and it is at the discretion of the service manager, quote "everything is always warranty-able",...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk