The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2002, 01:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Neil...

...did you forget what came before the"comma", as in "Any man, or woman, who was wounded, gassed, injured, or disabled in the line of dutyduring time of war, Yes, but and what follows after, as in...
"while in the service of either the military, or naval of the United States of America"...
...What reason do you have to omit what is printed right in front of your face, and then throw it at Bill who is only helping myself to help other veterans...
...omission, or distorting what is a plain as the nose on the front of your face for the purpose of slinging mud isn't called for...

...and going to the fair last month, I had a guy from the American Leigon offer me brochures on their org. but I don't fit the "years" that they want, so, what are they gonna do for me, they never came calling after I got out, and "if" I don't fit their mold of who they want in their org, I don't sleep that well, so I'm not gonna lose any sleep anyway... ...

...now say your sorry, and play nice...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2002, 04:21 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Say what you like...billr.

But, I noticed (as no doubt many others also have noticed) that you always seem to leave-out or pass-over that: "During wartime" and/or one having; "CORRECT" Dates of Service to be considered a bonafide and/or worthwhile Honorable American Veteran in your and some organizations' eyes. You can cloud the issue up with all diversionary rhetoric you want. But, turning 5 Million or so Honorable Veterans into A Minority by fellow self-proclaimed veteran betters,...will never be right. It just isn't so.
Old 09-27-2002, 04:28 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Sorry...billr.

Meant to address SEATJERKER.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:07 PM

Default WHY?????

Are you arguing about this delicate subject?

Are you just trying to prove your point or just want to argue?

I think ALL VETS deserve what they were "promised" from the recutor (sp) when they first enlisted, no matter what war even back to the WW1,

If you served and served in the honorable condition, you should get what is rightfully due.

All this monies going to Airlines to bail them out cause they dont make as much as before, Blah!!!!!!!!!!! Put that monies to use for the Vets that protected the USA.

If I was to file for bankrupcy tomorrow, would the govt help me ? HELL NO!! Would not expect it either.

Oh no I made 130,000.00 last year and now I down to 50,000.00 this year.

WHAT AM I GONNA DO????

Go about my normal life and hope for the best next year (if either the Devil or God lets me)

I dont know exactly where I am going with this except that I say, THE REAL VETS THAT NEED THE HELP DONT GET THE PROPER LIMITS OF WHAT WAS PROMISED.

Theo, My good friend---Just why arent women allowed to collect their bennies? I know you will print a real long page about it, but my eyes and ears are open.

Just wish I could hit the lotto and donate at least half to the Vets but on the sligh. You know, anyone who needs finicial help just call REEB and go from there.

All I need each and every week is my Gas, Beer, Smokes monies. of which is 125.00 a week.

I am just glad of what I done for the USA and NOONE can take that away.

I have a dark secret about the service, but then who doesnt?

One of these days it will be on here.

I think I have said

enough...................
Old 09-27-2002, 07:39 PM

Default Thanks Neil!!

I think I was meaning to address the fact that I did not serve "during a time of war", but I certainly have the disability(s) that occurred during my time of service to my country. I know there's many many of us out there in the same catagory as I am (service connected disabled, non-war, non-combat related). It would seem that, in these times when these service organizations are really having to scrounge to keep up their membership numbers, they would be glad to have vets like me helping to support the cause. After all, we're all in this boat together.

I know that the DAV, VFW, AMVETS, American Legion all do many good things to help veterans of all eras get the help and benefits that we have all earned. They all also provide an extremely powerful political lobby which helps us to obtain and keep our many benefits. It just seems a shame that I, as a disabled veteran, can't help to support the DAV, which stands for "Disabled American Veterans". Maybe they should change their name to "Disabled American War Veterans"??

Reeb, bless your little ol' heart, hang in there, brother!!!! You have such a down-to-earth attitude and good nature about you, I know you'll pull through these hard times just fine!! I'll be thinking about you and wishing you the best!!!

Peace.
Old 09-27-2002, 10:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Neil, get YOUR facts straight...

...you seem to say "you", as in" I " have made it a "HABIT" of "leaving out ", and/or passing over, "of war time service, and/or the correct years of service"...

BULLSHIT... YOU GO, AND PULL UP ANY OF MY THREADS FROM HERE , AND/OR THE HISTORY CHANNEL, AND/OR YOU WON'T FIND ANY POST THAT I "NEGLECTED" TO MENTION ANY CHARISTIC OF ONE'S SERVICE TIME AND/ OR CORRECT YEARS IN ANY OF THEM...

...and as far as "others" noticing my "habits", no one and/or others have ever mentioned my "inadvertant slip ups" as you state...

... i'VE STATED ALL ALONG HERE SINCE i'VE BEEN ON THE "FORUMS" EXACTLY WHERE I STAND REGARDING "ANY, AND ALL VETERANS, WHICH IS...

..."i DON'T CARE WHAT BRANCH YOU SERVED IN, OR WHEN, ONLY IF YOU SERVED, AND HONORABLY...THATS IT!!!, I TRY TO TREAT EACH, AND EVERYONE EXACTLY THE SAME PROVIDED YOU "EARNED IT, AND THAT MEANS IF "YOU SAID I DO, YOU DID, AND NO OTHER JUDGEMENT BE DETERMINED BY MYSELF OR ANYONE ELSE ON THE SUBJECT,...

... AND FURTHERMORE, EVERYONE HERE KNOWS THAT I NEVER SAW "COMBAT SERVICE", AS PER "THE CORRECT YEARS" AS YOUR SO ENTHRAWLED WITH, BUT I HAVE HEARD THE SCREAMS OF HUNDREDS, AND WIPED BLOOD FROM MY FACE, AND WASHED THE PISS OFF ME FROM THE MAN I CAPTURED, SO WHO THE F*#K ARE YOU MAN TO JUMP ON ME FOR YOUR MISGUIDED INTERPTATIONS OF A STRUCTURED SENTENCE, BRING IT TO MY DOOR, AND FACE ME, OR SHUT YOUR MOUTH TO ME ON MY POST...

...IF YOU AIN'T GOT SOMETHING GOOD TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL...

... NO,... I'M NOT IN A GOOD MOOD WHEN IM HERE TRYING TO DO SOME FURTHER GOOD FOR VET'S, AND GET FLAMED BECAUSE "MR PERFECT" SEE FIT TO REACH OUT, AND TOUCH SOMEONE, TOUCH THIS........

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 09-27-2002, 11:38 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Curtis

It don't mean nothin'

I know your heart as well or better than anyone on this forum brother. Having not just read your words but communicating with you over the phone many, many times during the course of the last year and half. Your love for the Vets on this site and their families has always come through loud and clear to me. I am proud of you brother because by God you have put your money where your mouth is. You have got up off your ass inspite of the trauma you are going through to help those that are there in your area up close and personal. Any one can get on an internet site and mouth platitudes but it takes a man with balls to get up and to put feet to his words.

Your doing a good thing bro..so FIDO man "Forget it and Drive On".....

You can't please everyone so you might as well please yourself.

God Bless you and your house. We love you brother. THANK YOU for what you are doing. sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 09-28-2002, 07:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default rough night...

...I'm only hot headed when my integrity is called into question, and last night was no different...

...I came home after admitting my father into the hospital, only to find that my efforts of trying to "do good" was pushed aside for the certain aspects of dribble that has been debated here, and elsewhere before time, and time again with the same results...

...cold war, smold war, I lived in it like everyone else did, I remember "fall out shelter drills", and suckin face to the urinals in the basements of the school many a time, no I wasn't in Korea freezing my ass off on the line at that time, but I too served my time in the United States Military, and froze my ass off on a Louisianna flightline many a morning yanking a seat, so I am not gonna listen to ANYONE try to tell me that I don't have a leg to stand on in regards to my military service, or in conjunction to what my prior threads have consisted of...

...I have NEVER diminished ANYONE'S actual service specifics,(not counting who we all know who), and i'm not gonna start now, but DON'T come on a thread, and tell me you have been "following" my words for a length of time, and I'm "guilty" of misrepresentation , or distorting, or omitting certain "truths and/or facts...

...SO GO BACKTRACK, AND PULL UP MY "SUPPOSED" THREAD(S), AND SHOW ME, OR STOW IT...............

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 09-28-2002, 10:41 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SEATJERKER...

Sorry you misunderstand The Gripe hero,...since I've always honestly believed that ONLY COMBAT DECORATIONS are what place any Veterans above ABOVE ALL OTHER VETERANS, no ifs, ands or buts (nor meaningless Time of Service or Area Ribbons either). Still, It's to bad that I just can't seem to get that point across to some fellow Honorable Veterans, regarding some Veterans Organizations thinking and acting quite differently.

Though, and on that getting-all-bent-out-of-shape and/or: "TOUCH THIS...", are we talking male or female (just jokin). After all, the female variation of: "THIS" is what life is all about. Well, at least as far as I'm concerned anyway.

reconeil
Old 09-28-2002, 11:18 AM

Default What about AMVETS

To All,

Having been a (non-combat) member of the VFW, Legion and Amvets, my experience has been that all of them are honorable organizations (At least in our area). They are focused on helping all Vets locally and directly. I know that all of them have helped local veterans whether they were members of their organization or not. All they had to do wasask

AnyVeteran in our area can get information, counseling and claims service concerning education, disability compensation, employment, hospitalization, rehabilitation, pension and many otherthings. For example, our local organizationswill even provide to (if asked by family)any honorably discharged Veteran, an honor guard at the time of their burial.

Yes, the VFW and Legion do have specific dates of eligibility, but the AMVETS acceptsANYONE who has served after 1940 and was honorably discharged, period.

So ANY Veteranwanting to belong to a distinguished veterans group can easily become a member of the AMVETS today. I think the dues runs around 20 dollars a year. Check out the link for all the details.
http://www.amvets.org/HTML/who_we_are/who_we_are.html

Ken