The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2003, 12:46 PM

I am not quite sure by what you mean by the term "wannabees".
Do you mean 1) people, who join a site such as this one, who are not of a military backgoround and/or have not been in the military or 2) people who joined this site and have never ever been in the military but pretend that they have been in the military and/or have a military backgorund or 3) people who have joined this site because they are not in the military but enjoy the history, want to learn more about the history as told from the people who have actually been there and also enjoy the feeling of this place?
Which is it or is a wannabee all 3?
If a person is #3 are they then not welcome here?
Sorry, but I do not wish to overstep any strict boundaries here....
John
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2003, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Anyone interested in military history is welcome here, civilian, prior service, or active duty. To me a wannabe would be anyone who makes up stories about military service.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

John...posers, phonies, wannabes. These are people who more than likely never served in any branch, but make up stories about all the medals they have, people they killed and fake missions they have been on.

Anyone, i repeat, anyone who abides by David's rules is welcome here. In the above post, I was referring to actions done at a different web site.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 02-18-2003, 03:48 PM

Just one more for me:

I dont know the correct word, but I think it might be annogram (sp),

But anyhow, I would like to see someone come up with a sentence the each word in the sentence starts with the corresponding letters of "wannabee".

Take for instance the all common word " LIFER" used in the service to call someon who served his country for 20 years or more and then retired.

When I was in the Navy we called LIFER ,"A lonely individual Freak Evading Reality".. It was just a standing joke you may say.

But no matter which way it is said and posted and appreciated, WE AS VETS ARE PROUD, ( even though ) there are some that had to go the whole 100 instead of the 10 or 20. ( totally disabled).

I am glad that David put his two cents on here, cause look at what is going on here. A good place to just sit and chat or B/S around, but it dont matter as long as there aint no SLAMMING.!!!!!
That willl chase alot of good folks away ( and I mean for good ).

I still visit the History , and made a couple of posts yesterday, but that wont hurt anything inside me.

That is enough............
Old 02-18-2003, 03:54 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

I too visited it again today, but just got mad again.

Reeb...here goes -

We
Ain't
Never
Neared
Any
Bullets or
Enemy

Not too good, but give me a while it will get better!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 02-18-2003, 03:58 PM

Catman,

REALLY GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

enough.............
Old 02-18-2003, 06:15 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

OK a few more than I promise to quit..

Was
Always
Near
Non
Alcoholic
Beer can
Empties

We
Ain't
Never
Near
A
Bunker
Entrance

Walking
Along
Never
Noticing
Any
Brave
Examples

and my personal favorite

We
Are
Negative
Nearsighted
Assholes
Bordering
Extinction

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 02-19-2003, 05:56 AM

Col,

I went to the site you mentioned and really didn't care for the format. I did find the note you mentioned. Col. just blow it off as it doesn't mean a thing especially to those of us who know you.

I've found many people who seem to find fault in others and for reason (if only) to make statements about other's who should first look into themselves and fix their own faults.

It's difficult to understand the mind of others at times. Being an officer you should be able to deal with that. I've always followed orders unless I heard that little man inside me say otherwise but trusting the person who gives you the orders is an example of an officer whose respected and that is why so many men do what they are told to do in the field.

I've know a few good officers in my life (men like me but better educated) and I would do whatever they told me without exception - today it would take awhile to build up that confidence.

Don't worry about something you have no control over you have the ability to see between and through the meaning for which they were said.

I've regretted several things I've said in the past and have tried to take more time now to think before I act or say something that I can't really take back. This I learned comes only with age and by stepping on ones toes as one goes along.

Being an Italian - most have quick tempers but short memories its a method we use to blow off steam quickly and then if you ever notice we can sit down with those we've just argued with and say salute my friend - gindon (500 years of good fortune).

Ignorance is often times a youngsters first learning lesson. I'm soon to be 57 and I've still got a ways to go. Don't worry Col. you will always be our friend and a leader of men and if I ever say something that gets under your skin - its not meant to be disrespectfull - its just ignorance.

My 12 years of service have put me onto the right path. I've learned organization and how to interact with people of every kind. I appreciate my service experience even those who I've lost during those years. To date there are at least seven of us who still make periodic contact to relive those old days.

Comrades we are and always be.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 02-19-2003, 06:40 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Funny you should mention that

Boats, About being in contact with old buddies. Just last week I sent an email to the PIO at FT Sill to see if there was a way to contact other members of my OCS class and if there was a way to replace my OCS class ring. Funny how it hasn't been important to me for 30 years but now it seems to be a priority with me to find these guys. I didn't join onto this site until I finally got some proof of service in VN because I didn't want to be tagged as a fake or a wannabe.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:34 AM

Default PHO

Let me know how you make out replacing your class ring. I lost mine in Vietnam (15-66) and would like to replace it. I don't even remember what company made the class rings for Robinson Barracks.