The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2003, 01:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Cool

As a former lifelong dem I must say John McCain would make a good candidate if he would but change parties! Be that as it may I am not fond of most of them running except Gephert and he won't win. None of mine ever do anymore! Don't like Bush boys either so it looks like do I want to be shot or hung again election year! Wish the do nothings quit scratching each other and go home(oh yes I guess they have nowhere else to go but Washington)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2003, 04:35 PM

Today not many want the scrunity of being under the microscope running for office. Look at all the dirt that comes out.

You can't find a person today whose a saint. We (all of us) have a closet that we lock away because of something that happen in our lives that we sure don't want anybody to know. It may be minor to most but its the embarassment of having it know that could destroy that person running for office.

Me I'm a switch hitter I will vote for the best person I think that can handle the needs of the people and country. That's all we can do.

I'd like to see a person in office whose been around the block rather than just a book worm with not practical experience in office. We've got Daley and his Dad was not perfect nor is his Son but they know how to run a city. That's what it takes.

I don't care if its a man or woman as long as that person can make a decision and live with the reprecautions should they arise.

Frankly I'd like to see a more uniform world working for the betterment of all souls on this good earth. But they are all overtaken by special interest groups who tend to bend the rules to suit special needs and those who are in need suffer evermoree.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 06-03-2003, 06:04 PM

Red face

Boats,
How true you are, special interests rule the day. I wholeheartedly agree! Wish we could get someone who'd be for us for a change. You're right about that microscope too...it's hard on any candidate being in a fish bowl.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Wesley Clark

Next to the last time I was at the National Training Center, Clark was the OIC of the place, and I never met a more arrogant, pompous asshole in my life. Also know a retired general who vetted Clark for a White House Fellow slot, and he confirmed that he hadn't changed. Clark whined about the war plans of our recent successes in Iraq, and is trying to position himself in the Democratic party as a force to contend with. He's so far out of his element that he couldn't find his ass with both hands, a road map and and Ranger detachment.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 06-09-2003, 03:57 PM

SuperScout,but if he was going to the reupblican party he would be one of the greatest of all well I've heard him give a speech a few weeks ago and there were some rupblican came to hear him and they also liked what they heard.I hate to say it but he might be the only hope we dem. have of beating old dubb the nine running now don't do much for me, and thats from a hard corp dem.
razz
Old 06-10-2003, 11:47 AM

Unhappy

I have to admit it's sad and Hillary isn't helping with her book. Everytime we want to put the Clinton mess behind us they're back like "What about Bob!" the movie! They only hurt the Dems not help them! Go way shoo...go way,,,, :ek: :ek: :ek:
Old 06-10-2003, 12:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

razz,

I hate to burst your bubble, but I look at a person's qualifications, not his political affiliation before voting. If Wesley Clark declared himself as a Republican tomorrow, I'd still say he was a pompous asshole, just as he is as a Democrat. He doesn't stand a chance in the primaries, as the Democratic party has been hijacked by leftists, anarchists and other departees from reality, and they will only nominate one of their own. As AIRBORNE JONN says, teehee, let the counting of votes begin!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 06-10-2003, 03:23 PM

SS no bubble to burst, but he is as qualifed as dubb was maybe a little more at least he was a four general, but I don't think he'll run this time around. right now I would be happy to see boyh house's get back in the blue,I don't think it's good to have a rubber stamp for any president no matter which party he's from.

razz
Old 06-10-2003, 06:25 PM

There is the Republican party and then there are the "Others" that don't have an agenda for the United States, if they do, would they please let us know exactly what it is. I can remember the " Chicken in every pot theory by Huey P. Long in Louisiana at a time when everyone was just a little bit ignorant of world affairs.
It seems that people insist on an explanation nowadays and that screws up the old catch phrase routine for the politicians.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste and so is a vote ! Know what you are getting before election day.