The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2003, 12:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Was Wonderin' How You Made Out.

Funny how here on the coast we were frettin' Isabel and it got you in Virginia. Sorry buddy, but looks like you made it through. That generator is a good idea. They are versitle....not just for hurricanes. If I can come up with some extra $$$ I want to get a backup for the whole house. Until then, if / when we get hit, will just have to get one to run the fridge and a few small appliances. Look into a backup for the whole house. They are pretty cool and come on when your power go out. Great in thunderboomers!

We are very happy you made it through without getting hurt and your home's ok!

Welcome back my friend!

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2003, 03:44 PM

Paco, thank you. Good to hear from you. I bought a Honda Generator that can put out about 5000 watts. Should be enough to run the freezer and fridge alternatly. The big panic was the oxygen generator, no power means no oxygen for me. My poor wife was very concerned, calling every one in local and State government for help. Finally I called the SCC on a cell phone and they got the power company and phone company out with in a few days of each other. Isabella was a bad one, still over 750.000 homes with-out power as of today. Again, thank you.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:45 PM

P.S. Lots of free fire wood in Virginia......................
Old 09-30-2003, 06:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Awesome Power

What is amazing is that Isabel was a Cat 2. We remember Hugo here and the damage that it did. (it was a 4/5) 750K homes still without power is not unusual. It took over a month to get power back to a friend of mine in Charleston and we are much more prepared, supposedly, for hurricanes than ya'll are. I hate those damn things and don't wish them on anyone. Glad to hear that they were receptive to your pleas for your O2. I am not a worrier, but can tell you that we do sweat out Hurricane season around here and now you know and a bunch of others that generally don't get bothered by them, know why. No wonder Andrew did so much damage to Fla.....it was a Cat 5.

Hang in there....it will get better soon. If there is something you think I can do.....let me know.

Packo

Old 09-30-2003, 06:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default P.S

Luckily it doesn't generally get cold enough here for firewood, but thanks for the offer. Andy may be interested.....I figure he's already used a cord or two and it's just becoming Octobor.

Packo

Old 10-02-2003, 12:40 PM

Paco, the power of Isibella was awesome. I had to have my wife admitted to the hospital for a heart problem and had a time finding a room for her. The hospitals are full, had to have her sent to Richmond to find a bed in a hospital with a heart care unit. Thats 80 miles away, running I 95 back and forth. What a crazy time we are having but at least it is not too serious and she should be coming home this evening. Andy can have all the wood he can cut, I have a giant oak with his name on it. Layed over and ready to cut.
You guys and gals take care.