The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2005, 02:45 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by MORTARDUDE Wishing death, misery, injury, and destruction on innocent citizens of other countries is wrong. period.

Larry
Of course it is...

After 3 years of daily reading, seeing and hearing our President and SECDEF villified, and the war effort undermined by emboldening our common enemy (while "supporting the troops", of course)... well, perhaps it was time to show the same effect by another means.

On the other hand, it may possibly be true that as terrorism spreads, more and more nations who have not felt what we did on 9/11 might awaken to their duty... before it really is too late.

I certainly hope so.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2005, 07:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Samity check

"Let the war spread... may more innocent people suffer injury and die horribly in Indonesia, the former USSR, Afghanistan, France, London, Holland, Spain, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Turkey... let civilian deaths and maiming multiply and divide until the day finally comes when enough people realize the fullness of threat we are ALL facing... and say, "This will not stand!"

Are you, like, OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND? Did you get this off the Ann Coulter site?
Is this more conservative "humor?"
No wonder we vote different, a WHOLE lot different.
I usually add Stay Good here but this is so fucked up I think I won't
Old 11-11-2005, 10:00 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Re: Samity check

Quote:
Originally posted by exlrrp

Did you get this off the Ann Coulter site?

- No, I made it up myself.

Is this more conservative "humor?"

- Not exactly.

No wonder we vote different, a WHOLE lot different.

- You might be surprised.

I usually add Stay Good here but this is so fucked up I think I won't.

- Stay good
On 9/11, 400,000 square feet of our national Pentagon were totally demolished, and numerous people murdered there and elsewhere, by a suicidal religious group bent on killing us all by any and all means.

Happy Veterans Day.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What

my friend James said!

With EMPHASIS ADDED !

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:44 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Re: What

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimpy my friend James said!

With EMPHASIS ADDED !
EMPHASIS ADDED on what...
Old 11-11-2005, 11:54 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Blue...

Gimpy and crew amazingly now even Comedy Critics aside ,...you make a lot of sense.
Hell,...now even Jordan wants to get in on the act.
If not recently attacked by terrorists, they too would have remained just neutral observers.

Neil
Old 11-12-2005, 03:06 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Re: Blue...

Quote:
Originally posted by reconeil Gimpy and crew amazingly now even Comedy Critics aside ,...you make a lot of sense.
Hell,...now even Jordan wants to get in on the act.
If not recently attacked by terrorists, they too would have remained just neutral observers.

Neil
Thank you...

Given the circumstances of the recent three years, I fail to see any way to hasten the victory than to ensure as much instability among other nations involved as humanly possible.

I realize it sounds bizarre, but it is also a realizable strategy, and (in my opinion) is working... though not necessarily (or even possibly) intentionally. Destablizing other governments is not being done at our hands other than in Afghanistan and Iraq, at this time. It is the terrorists who are hard at work in that regard, knowing, as do we all, that an unstable or threatened government will be put "back on its heels" to defend against assault and, hence, weakened... potentially to the point of collapse. They tried it on 9/11 with us, but fortunately we have the resources and determination to turn their acts against them. Since 9/11 terrorism has continued to spread at an accelerated pace throughout the world, and shows little sign of letting up. To defeat them, there must be more and more and more who are willing to stop at nothing to do so. It is time to put an end to decades of the world being held hostage by Islamic purposes of domination... just as it was similarly during WW II.

The President's Veterans Day speech was a welcome sign that he, and his people, have decided (finally) to say what many of the rest of us have been saying to resist endless whining propaganda from many on the Left (whose memory is indeed short as to high moral ground) and from Jihadists... namely that the inseparable liberations of Iraq and Afghanistan were NOT based on a "lie", nor are they "going badly", nor is it the American intent to "occupy" those nations, nor are we "after their oil", nor are the daily civilian dead the result of OUR killings, nor is our President a "war criminal", nor were members of Congress or the United Nations "misled"... etc etc etc.

That endlessly repeated litany has had its cancerous effect for too long... and has gotten us all to a point we need not have come had people shown some discretion in their choices of words.

Understandably, poll numbers reflect the anxiety people feel, but are NOT a measure of necessity. And, although military personnel may disagree with the policy of their government, so long as the order is lawful (which many on the Left and Jihadis claim it is not, of course), and given by a duly-elected (which the Left claim it is not, of course) government, then the military is duty bound to carry it out... as they/we did, do and will. Nearly every uniformed or other (e.g. retired) senior Commander or NCO who offers an opinion on this situation clearly state that regardless of one's personal opinion about an order given:
a. It must be followed.
b. In the fight, in the end, those involved know they must do their very best for the sake of those on their immediate left and on their immediate right; leaving none behind.
c. Civilians have the luxury of equivocation and insubordination.

It is time for the rest of us to do our level best, at a much heightened level of intensity, to put the "Support, Butts" outa business, help win this war in word and deed until it is won, and delay our recapitulation of the relative merits or demerits of the effort until the troops are all finally home and that region is secure for democracy. There will be plenty of time then for recriminations, debate, workshops, therapy and endless piles of memoirs or scholarly opinion books.

If that means more and more nations must "get the picture" of a spreading and viciously murderous Jihad in a very personal way, at the graveyard and trauma centers, then so be it. Some of that blood will be on the hands of those who have spent their every waking moment sniping at the Commander in Chief or Secretary of Defense and, thus, supplying the enemy with every conceivable propaganda quotation they could ever have dreamt possible.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:53 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default FYI

November 10, 2005, 6:03 PM EST

WASHINGTON -- Jordan may not be the "backyard garden" of U.S. operations, as claimed by an al-Qaida statement, but was a launching point for U.S. Special Forces at the start of the Iraq war and has helped train Iraqi police.

Those solid ties probably were contributing factors for the suicide bombings Wednesday at three hotels in Amman, the capital, that killed at least 56 people.

The U.S. military has a small presence in Jordan -- 71 personnel, at last count. But the kingdom is a strong diplomatic and defense partner that has received billions of dollars in military and economic assistance from Washington in the past decade.

"It's obviously a very important partner in the region," Pentagon spokesman Lawrence Di Rita said Thursday. "There are some logistic security arrangements that we have with Jordan that I don't want to go into."

U.S.-Jordan ties have grown steadily since the 1950s, but were set back temporarily by Jordan's unwillingness to join the allied coalition against Iraq during the first Gulf War. Iraq was Jordan's powerful neighbor and energy supplier.

When Jordan began to play a larger role in the Mideast peace process, U.S. economic and military aid increased.

The relationship strengthened to the point that Jordan was an important staging area for U.S. Special Forces before they moved into western Iraq in March 2003 when the war began.

The most visible support Jordan has provided for the Iraq war has been in two training centers.

Earlier this year, Gen. Richard B. Myers, then chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, visited the Joint Police Training Center outside Amman, where he watched Iraqi police cadets being trained.

Later, at Jordan's special operations command headquarters, he put on an armor-plated vest to watch special forces soldiers from Jordan and the U.S. train Iraqis in counterterrorism techniques.

Jordan has been an important intelligence and national security ally, too. Amman has taken great strides to control its border with Iraq and shares information with the U.S. about counterterrorism and regional issues.

The government is believed to cooperate with the CIA on "renditions" -- the secret process of grabbing known terrorists and taking them to their native country or places where they are wanted for prosecution.

Over the past decade, the U.S. had helped Jordan modernize its military, providing tanks to help enhance the country's border security, leasing F-16 fighter jets, and delivering three Patriot anti-missile batteries.

In 2005, Jordan received at least $304 million in foreign military aid, along with $350 million in economic support. At the same time, the Pentagon last year agreed to sell 50 medium range, air-to-air missiles to Jordan to help strengthen its defenses and improves its ability to work with American forces.

* __

AP Diplomatic Correspondent Barry Schweid and writer Katherine Schrader contributed to this report.

Copyright 2005 Newsday Inc.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 11-12-2005, 05:28 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Praise the Lord the war is spreading? I don't know what the Lord God Almighty thinks of having his name invoked in such a manner.

There is nothing funny or satirical in your solutions to this war Blue. Theyare far from representative of the majority ofmen and women of theseUnited Statesno matter their political affiliation.

Theyareespecially not representativeof thosewho have experiencedthe horror of war up close and personal. My brother was a maxio surgical tech on the USS Repose. He helped the surgeons on that ship put the faces of our terribly wounded back together for two and half years. Civilian casualties were received on that ship also. What he did on that ship was in his words "the most honorable thing" he ever did in his life. That's the mindset of a man that has seen the horror of warand was charged with trying to put back together what war had torn apart.

Volunteer as a medic Blueand go off to the killing zone and come back and tell me how you feel aboutspreading death and destruction and the killing of innocents. Your thoughts of how to win a war may be far different.

Steve, James, and Larry are right. You're off the hook on this Blue.

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 11-12-2005, 05:56 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Nice try.

No cigar.

At no time did Sir Blue say, "Praise the Lord, Hallelujah"

What Sir Blue used was the word "hallelujah" which, so far as he is aware is not in any way limited to religious Lords or Godesses.

"Hallelujah" means, praise be.

The word "Hallelujah" is not, so far as I am aware, limited to usages as might be pro or pre-scribed by religious zealots.

"Praise the Lord, Hallelujah", on the other hand, is a time-honored shibboleth of American religious fundamentalists. Trust me... I been there and done that stupid trip, twice.

America does not want or need any more conflation of words so as to confuse ourselves as to who is and is not a religious fundamentalist meddling in the affairs of State.

Abolish:
- Electoral College
- Gerrymandering (aka "redestricting" or "reapportionment")
- Closed Primaries
- Sovereign Immunity
- Eminent Domain

HOW much further do we need to go on this here at home before we simply realize that there are a huge number of other religious fundamentalists doing their very best to kill and maim and destroy us.

Look, the arguements need to cease.

There is a war to be fought and won.

I am made fun of severally and in kind.

I am not alone in being hip to the tricks.