The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2004, 10:48 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Hey

You know about that earthquake? The CIA did it, pass it on.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2004, 10:55 AM

Ya know I heard that this morning or was it late last night - that very issue. The US wasn't doing as much as it could. Yikes these guys are nuts. I'm not sure where this will all go but I hope we don't have to pick up the entire package. You don't hear anything about Germany or the French jumping right in there for the sake of humanity.

Why is it that the burden of country is supposed to be carried by the US. Did they run over and give us money when St. Helen's blew or when the WTC was taken out? NO! What has anyone done for us thats on record other than maybe the English with troop support.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 12-29-2004, 11:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Andy
I called CNN.....They hung up on me......I hate people that dont have a sense of humor. How about the ACLU. They're a bunch of dumbasses. they'll believe anything
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 12-29-2004, 01:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

There are, in the private and taxpaying sectors, many support groups that have rallied to donate not only their time and effort but also supplies. This will certainly add to the $35 million. These are probably the same people who rallied to the 9/11 disaster and Mt. Saint Helens. They are a special group of people who are dedicated to helping people. They are to be thanked.

The unfortunate (or fortunate) part is, we are not a "third world "country and should have been able to show a little more than $35 million. I don't disagree with giving a helping hand when something like this happens but there seems to be a lack of $$$ in homeland support.(referring to my prior post) I also agree that there has not been much financial support from other countries. On the same token, there has never been a disaster this wide spread nor as devistating as this in this country.

Hurricane Andrew had a $26.5 billion figure and had only 26 fatalities.

The cost of the war in Iraq continues from 150 billion and escalates at about $2,000.00/sec. With nearly 4,000 US military fatalities alone.

The cost of 9/11 presently stands at $95 billion for NYC.

Figures for 9/11 creep ever higher as we continue the search for Osama. At the time 9/11 there was sustantial personal and military support of US actions to retaliate.

Mount saint Helens cost a mere $1 billion and there were 57 fatalities

If we can spend this much on our own disasters, $35 million was a little short of "a nice jesture."
Old 12-29-2004, 01:56 PM

Default Here is something I posted right after

it happened.

that Mother Nature has done for quite some time.

There are 11 Americans known dead so far, and the total of casualities are growing every minute .

Is it right for the USA to give only a pultry 15 million $$ to the NEEDY in hand now?

I sy no....

Kick them figures up and quite a bit more.

Look at the money going to Iraq and we ( the USA ) is causing most of the damage, not Mother Nature.

reeb.......

The more I Liquor, The more I Laquer !!!!!!!!!!!

To me this is just ANOTHER SNAFU on the govt of all countries.

Sit back and think about it for just a little bit before you sit down and eat your steak/bologna sanwhich.

Dont know where 35 mil comes in, but it is better than the original 15 mil. My GOD ( opps sorry , can I say GOD anymore )
Old 12-29-2004, 02:08 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

You can say God if you add all the others in too. Budha, Allah, etc.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Reeb you can say God all you want here. but just don't say dinks at the VA in class the instructor had a cow. said I was insesitive and should use proper lables for people. $hit the class came undone, started telling her not to repermand us for calling them dinks, gooks ,vc, charlie, or a hundred other not so nice names. political correctness should not be part of the class room at the VA when your trying to find out how to heal yourself. the dumb Bit#h cause us all to regress and get angery. But the good news is it was the last class of the year and more then one of us went to the director and reported her for her actions. sorry to ramble here. I wanted you guys to know that we took time out in class to say silent prayers for the victims of the earth quake and aftermath. it is a sad thing no matter what faith they might have had. may they rest in peace.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Yeah, I upset people when I call the rotten scumbags from Iran, Iraq, sand hoppers. That's mild to what "we" called them.
I will never think of a sand hopper as a person, military had us convinced we had to do what we had to do.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 12-29-2004, 03:42 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

This just in!!! US has now pledged $250 million for disaster relief.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:49 AM

Caualties at 100,000+ now.
35 million is just a start, plus private donations (we are a generous and compassionate people - sometimes even our politicians). Nice to see that, since Indonesia has the largest population of Muslims in the world, the Saudis dipped into petty cash and came up with 10 mil. Haven't seen anything about the Sultan of Brunei (suposedly the world's richest man) galloping to the aid of his co-religionists just aroud the block, more or less.
OK, cheap shot. But it gets old when we are automatically guilty because we don't have a totalitarian gov., a bad economy and lousy health care (relatively speaking).
I'll let the government handle the details - I'm sure the Salvation Army won't be allowed in and they're the only group I give to.