The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2002, 01:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Packo

Being a gentleman of impeccable learnin' and stuff, I'd figured you to also recommend the Souther Egalitarian Method fer solving the Teeliband thang: take about 40 women with PMS, provide them with Chevy Suburbans, tell them their ex-husbands have moved to Afghanistan to avoid paying child support, and stand back. And please inform Bro Hixson that southerners invented redneckism as a form of self protection, and later exported to the norther frontiers.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2002, 06:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Keith

You got that right! During the week I'd be wearin' my White's [logging boots], but on Friday & Saturday nights I'd be wearin' my shit-kickin' cowboy boots while shootin' pool and hookin' & jabbin' with the Canucks. Had me a pickum-up truck with a .30-.30 and a fishin' rod in the back window year round. Never knew when the urge to fish might hit, or the chance, or need, to shoot something or someone might arise .

Griz- Tom Larson, still a good friend and native Montanan, told me many years ago that the only draw back to diddlin' sheep was that you had to climb off to kiss 'em. I just took his word on this .
Old 09-18-2002, 06:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

Sorry for this post BUT - grew up in NJ and went to college in TN , where my roommate told me he had his cow " stump trained " I took him at his word also . Sorry
Old 09-19-2002, 10:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Tom,
Do you remember the J&T Bar & Grill? Did ya see the sign on the wall behind the bar? It says ?Nevada, so many sheep, so little time?. Now then, J&T is a respectable Basque place ( known locally as Ba-a-a-a-a-sque). The French Bar across the street has all the rude stuff and the trouble makin cowboys and injuns, LOL.

Scamp
Old 09-19-2002, 12:53 PM

lol Keith, I was not diputing the "philosophy", only the term. lol Everbody knows "Redneck" is a southern thing ... Now before you jump on me, I gotta tell ya ... I was sentenced ... I mean assigned to the south for a good manner years whilst on active duty. I lernt a thag r two down thar.

Now about that old coot in north Idaho ... I think that mighta been my granpappy ... lol

The Old Sarge
Old 09-19-2002, 07:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking SCAMP

Of course I remember the J&T. Next time we're over there, we'll have to check out the French Bar. Is it one of those places that I have to take out my partial plate before going through the door? That was the kinda bars I hung out in up Montana way. On second thought, maybe the J&T is more my speed these days . Our turn to buy dinner.

SARGE: Where are you in Idaho? Most of my wife's family is around the Kellogg-Rose Lake area, and down in Couer d' Alene. All loggers.
Old 09-19-2002, 08:12 PM

Frisco,

I'm in Caldwell ... about halfway between Boise and the Oregon border ... as you go on I-84.

The Old Sarge
Old 09-19-2002, 10:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking I have cousins in the Nampa - Caldwell Area.

My Brother was born in Weiser. Yep been through that area many times. Hot Summers! Been hot this Summer in that area.

Keith
Old 09-19-2002, 10:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Frisco,

Never liked high heel boots. Whites or Cowboy Boots. Irish Setter for the Woods and Nike Running Shoes for the home and after hours. High Heels like Cowboy Boots or Whites give me shin splints.

Keith
Old 09-20-2002, 08:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Well, it?s like this Tom. The Friday/Saturday night ?Mother of all battles? migrates between the French, the Valley Bar, Sharky?s and the Genoa Bar. With a full moon all four have been known to be going at the same time. Ya got to see which way the County Mounties are heading to know where melon thumping is happening or conversely, already be in on being the thumpee or thumpor. I don?t go those places because as you well know, I?m sooooo sensitive and mild that I?m afraid I?d break down and weep with all that uncivilized conduct. LOL

Scamp
:ek: :ek: :ek: