The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2002, 08:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Composition of letter...

...although I'm full of hot air most of the time, I'm at a slight loss of words when it comes to the proper configuration of composition of letters...
...We, (DAV) like most service related organizations is looking to bolster the ranks of the veterans, however my intention is not to "swell" the ranks for sheer numbers, my intentions are to try to bring in Veterans that are "in need" of the DAV because they have "?, issues ? " that they are entitled to, but haven't come forward to "claim" what their rightfully entitled to, and need...
...I'm looking for help in composing a letter to the local newspapers announcing an "open house" for ?potential? members that the DAV might be able to help...
...We all know of Veterans that have "shunned" service organizations for one reason, or another over the course of time, and including myself, I joined the DAV 2 years ago, and have seen that they are trying to do what is best for the Veterans in the long run, but I know that there are so many others out there that "haven't come out of the closet,so to speak" that could use the help...
...So, would one, or all of you put your collective minds, and hearts together, and help me draw up a letter to be submitted in the proper context to the newspapers to relay the "message" to the few that have fallen through the cracks of the system that by attending an "open house for our DAV chapter", it might be a saving grace?...
...I was elected "Jr. Vice Commander" of Chapter 38 last night, and don't know fully how to uphold the position, but what I want most is, to see as many people that Do need the support, and benefits of the organization to get them...
...Thanks.............

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links