The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2003, 07:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

Well I for one kept seeing patients without pay for 3 years contrary to your acusations. 90% were Champus (military)and I didn't get paid and I am service connected not being paid yet. I testified at a Congressional sell out by Scarborough for the vets and that is why I was punished. I am bitter because of people who do not get it that people like me worked and paid our dues too. I put my butt and career on the line for you and others like you. Name one other that works among you that did that. I also signed up voluntarily during the Vietnam era to serve. I have suffered 27 years for that myself.I have every right same as you to complain because i know where of i speak and I do complain about the Bush boys loudly who forgot the men and women they keep sending to war when they haven't taken care of earlier obligations. Don't judge me as a bum who doesn't work. That's the standard party line that you make 30% less and it doesn't fly with me because I know better. If you are who you say you are you wouldn't accuse me of not working and would have read my post. You just proved my point! I am a health care worker too and I don't doubt you try to do your best. Don't believe the party line of the VA either. have you forgotten who appointed Principi? He is in Bush's hip pocket and his agenda is the same. Don't think everyone who calls themselves a vet cares about other vets. I've learned the hard way but I have taken care of vets for 20 years. i paid my dues. I didn't get rich doing it and have served untied by beurecratic red tape. I say again if your job is too frustrating quit.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2003, 08:23 AM

Well heres the deal from a Vet that went through all the BS and got mine, if you want help from the VA there are county reps. at the DVA halls across the nation also at the VFW and they *will* help you at every turn and obstacle that you have. There are also personnel assigned at the VA hospitals to help you. There is also the VA website where you can apply over the internet for any and everything with the VA.
Do what your President told americans to be "relentless"!
Remember one thing you may have forgotten with the military or government--The Squeaking Wheel gets the Grease-- and newspapers and elected officials don't have the same agenda, so if you got a story to tell , make sure you send it to your elected official first -as if you care about his or her opinion before you release the story-even if you don't intend to. It will get their attention and you a response.
Never give -in or up- with bureaucrats, be sure and send information to both elected party's so they can do their political back stabbing as to why the other hasn't helped you even though they could really care less about you in most cases. But you don't care if it gets the results you want.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:43 PM

Thumbs up

Good advice and I for one will take it! Thanks!
Old 05-28-2003, 04:11 PM

Default Judy

Heaven knows that I'm not "bashing" you for anything you have done, nor your service to our great country in a very difficult time. But keep in mind that I, as a civil service employee, am not to blame here. Please don't stereotype me, either, as one of the bad examples with whom you have a problem. What I'm saying is that we're not all a bunch of apathetic, complacent idiots clinging to an "easy" system. The VA is not an easy sytem to work in.That is a *stereotype* and is grossly unfair. Some of us are here practicing an honroable profession and doing the best we can do to serve our brothers and sisters. I am sorry that you have, apparently, encountered the bad apples.

Again, blame the politicians for the budgetary shortfalls. The VA is here to serve ALL who served honorably. I'm very proud of what I do and I work hard to do it.

Peace.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:30 PM

Smile

oddz
I try not to stereotype and there are many I have come into contact with who are very dedicated and positive and I'm sure you are one of them. Thank you for being there trying to do the impossible in an impossible situation! Make sure you don't stereotype us as out of work bums who don't care and have patience with our attitudes. Be glad you have the ability to work and lighten up on the defensiveness because we are all hurting or we wouldn't be there. I sure as hell wouldn't! I used to fire secretaries that didn't understand that about my patients. People don't walk through those doors because they are queen and king of the ball! Just remember when the day is long and the funds are short that we all hurt and I'll try to do the same!
Old 05-30-2003, 11:08 PM

Default Yep, you're right....

We're all in this together, Judy. God bless you, too, for what you do!!

I guess the bottom line is that we're all doing the best we can. If I can brighten one vet's day, or make one thing a bit easier for him or her, then I'm doing what I am here to do, personally and professionally.

I'm just so sick of the politicians saying what all they are doing for us vets when I see both sides of it, as a vet myself and as a professional.

I'm on your (our) side, sister!!!!!

^5

Peace.
Old 05-31-2003, 03:33 PM

Cool

Yes you're right! The politicians help themselves all right. They definitely take care of themselves! Not us vets though. hang in there!
Old 11-17-2003, 08:50 PM

Oh, my....what I could say....would get me banned or just slaughtered AGAIN.....did you know I had death threats from some so called VA/veterans? Fact. And documented. Got burned alive (in effigy AND in the uniform of the United States Army since they had used my offical portrait for the purpose) for whinning about my son dying. called a Whimp. And told I'd have been a wash out in the Marine Corp etc....got rather nasty.

Still, being a royal pain in the tush I've continued to YELL it like it is.....genetic I think since I'm decended from almost every conguerer in the western world. None of whom gave up and ended up ruling whereever they happened to feel like rulling. Nasty bunch some of them.....well one or two had a good Idea or two....and did further a good cause or two....Magna Charta, reading for the masses and...well, just history. Recorded history. The rest is just rumor.

Know anything about the ripple effect? I could explain but, what the heck. I will be civil. As is and was my normal until someone suggested my daughter deserved to be raped and my son deserved to die and why didn't I?
Old 01-10-2004, 06:37 AM

Default Can you answer this question on Civil Servants helping the military since 1990?

I hear that some who work for the decontamination centers around the USA are coming down with 'gulf war syndrome' symptoms.

I asked one what they used to 'decontaminate' equipment. First reply was ' We use what is right for the task at hand'

which of course, told me nothing.

So I asked, "Do your products contain 2-butoxyethanol or diethylene glycol monobutyl ether?"

and I have heard nothing.

valdezlink.com/even_civilians.htm

1-13-04 UPDATE: A military lady, who served 6 years in the Army driving semi-trucks & got out in 1986 shared: We washed down and so did the equipment with soap and water; "we used DAWN."

Ah ha! - That is of lesser harm than the 2-butoxyethanol type of chemical, but too much use would not be good. I would actually go for the soap, not DAWN, anytime I even want to wash my hands. - Margaret

An e-mail request to the CDC

on Flu Symptoms

Traces of blood in urine? *

Diarrhea then Constipation?

Seizures Fainting Dizziness *

Old 01-27-2004, 01:17 AM

I'll be the first to admit that there are things that I just don't understand about Civil Service...but the incident that I THOUGHT was totally crazy and out of control sent me to the corporate world after I retired, and I was successful there, so no harm no foul, I suppose.

But when I retired, I waited my requisite 6 months before trying to get back in the system as a civilian. I noted that there was a job open that I had been qualified for upon retirement. I had taken my test and passed it with flying colors. I put in my application, claimed my points and was promptly turned down for the job because I was unqualified.

What I couldn't understand was that MY NAME was there authoring the manual for the job...yep...I literally wrote the book. I dunno who they found more qualified, but hell, if he was more qualified than me, I WOULD HAVE HIRED HIM MYSELF!!!!