The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2003, 12:57 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

More recently..bro terminal with AO cancer goes to the VA sees a doc and gets a script for pain meds...he takes the script to the pharmacy and they tell him the doc made a mistake...they are no longer giving this pain med out....he just takes his self straight back to the doc and tells him "Hey Doc they tell me downstairs you made a mistake on this script..." The doc calls downstairs and bro walks out with the meds they just told him he couldn't have...

Augusta Ga 1968....the kids daddy enters the VA for cancer related treatment....he had been home for a while from the hospital and while there fell off a high porch and injured his leg playing ball with our little girl....I ask that they start physical therapy on him....they wait...a week goes by...I ask again...by this time he can't hardly straighten his leg....they dilly dally some more...a few more days I have to get mad...they take him down and do the physical therapy but it was really to late...the leg never really healed....he walks with a limp from that time until he was gone...

Does anybody have any idea at all how many Vets are stuck in VA hospitals and no one knows or cares they are there?....He used to always try to quiet me down when they wouldn't treat him right...until he had to be transferred by plane and I was coming behind him in the car with the kids....then the question..."But who is going to talk to the Doctors for me?"......lot a people out there with no one to say a word for them...saw that too with these eyes...

Peace out....

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2003, 07:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sid, et all.

This is just typical and "business as usual" for the Atlanta VA hospital. My doctors here at the Tampa VA hospital have been able to reduce my blood pressure medication by more than one-half the dosage since we moved down here and I got away from those assholes at that facility. There should be a Congressional investigation into all the outrageous horsehockey that goes on at that place! I DON'T believe that the GAO has done enough to stop the crap going on there! It has been (and apparently continues to be) one of the WORST VA medical facilities in the country! I've got first hand knowledge of horror stories that go back more than 30 years at that place.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:54 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Follow up

No News Yet, I am trying to get some follow up on this for everyone but the local news seems to have dropped interest.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

I don't go there anymore - I get way to angry. Last year they caught 4 people who had stolen 8 million from vets there. Have Sid tell ya about the fist fight at his anger management group last week
Old 09-25-2003, 01:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hey John,

Hell I was IN that group myself a few years ago! About half the time our "counselor" would put a video in the VCR and then HE would take a freakin nap for about 45 minutes, wake up when it was over, ask if anyone had any questions and then say----SEE YOU NEXT WEEK! I can fully understand WHY they're now having "fist-fights" in stead of discussion therapy!

Guess now folks will be able to see why I stay so PISSED-OFF a lot of the time, huh???

:cd: :cd: :cd:

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:28 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Had a WWII guy kicked out of the rest home here. They said he was to healthy to be there. Well the guy was dying from bone cancer. The VA hospitals are a crack pot type of facility.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Gimpy , I was just wondering if you knew the "fortunate son" CCR sang about was no other then Al Gore? Al always claims to have been the inspiration for "Love Story" while in College but you never hear him claiming the Title to the fortunate son song lyric His father was the Senator also mentioned in the lyrics
Old 09-25-2003, 07:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Scout -
How might a privatized vets health care system function/operate?
Old 09-25-2003, 07:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default My fight

...has no common ground with any of you,...

...however, there are so many of you which are scattered to the winds...

You've painted up your lips and rolled and curled your tinted hair,
Ruby, are you contemplating going out somewhere?
The shadows on the wall tell me the sun is going down,
Oh Ruby, don't take your love to town.

It wasn't me that started that old crazy Asian war,
But I was proud to go and do my patriotic chore,
And yes, it's true that I'm not the man I used to be,
Oh Ruby, I still need some company.

It's hard to love a man whose legs are bent and paralyzed,
And the wants and needs of a woman your age, Ruby, I realize,
But it won't be long, I've heard them say, until I'm not around,
Oh Ruby, don't take your love to town.

She's leaving now 'cause I just heard the slamming of the door,
The way I know I heard it slam one hundred times before,
And if I could move I'd get my gun and put her in the ground,
Oh Ruby, please don't take your love to town.

Oh Ruby, for God's sake, turn around

...... your fight continues, and while the bean counters try to sit back, and wait until the WWII vets die off, I feel that somewhere down the road, enough of you will band together, and fight hard enough to put a package together which will garner just deservences...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk