The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2004, 06:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default A Tampa Tribune

editorial writer said it better than I could..............

And I quote Daniel Ruth..."The overriding predicate for going to war with Iraq began and ended on the issue of weapons of mass destruction.

It was the mantra blathered by every senior member of the Bush administration on the Sunday talk shows, in speeches, including the State of Union address (remember the Niger nuclear gibberish) and before the United Nations.

And now these Heritage Foundation frat boys want you to believe that for all their patronizing hubris, they were led astray by CIA career paper pushers?

How comforting it must be for the families of the U.S. service personnel who have died in Iraq to know that their loved ones gave their lives because the president and his top advisers were led like lemmings into war.

What does this mean? The buck passing stops at Langley?"...End quote!

:cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd:

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2004, 08:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Revising History again?

So JFK inherited a flawed CIA from Nixon? Don't you mean from Eisenhower, the president who immediately preceded JFK? And wasn't it Chester Bowles, part of the "Irish Mafia" that surrounded JFK, that boasted that he was responsible for withholding the naval and air support that had been promised for the anti-Castro rebels? And isn't that the main reason that the invasion failed? And now you're going to blame them for JFK's assassination?

Taking the the quote form Eisenhower, and using it way out of context is a convenient way to bolster a sagging argument.

It seems to me that the repeated failures of the intelligence community, and the bureacratic morass we imposed upon them have all contributed to making us more vulnerable. Instead of hurling rocks, or simply hurling in disgust, a reasoned, analytical approach to identifying the problem, assessing the various courses of actions that might be available, and then embarking on a sane, practical and verifiable solution would be envariably more preferable than the spinning. David Kay's assessment is a study in logic and fact; it did not lay blame at the feet of the President, it did not rule out entirely that WMD might be ultimately found, and it could not speak to the possible presence of WMD in Syria or Iran transported there from Iraq.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-04-2004, 02:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to travisab1
Thumbs down Poor little rich turd;

Ever since I heard that Sen. Kennedy was refused booze until he was 14 I quit wonderin'.

Bush musta been mistreated too.

You might say I'm a little POed.

It's no wonder he let that little girl suffocate under the waters in that fancy automobile back in the 60's, our wonderful Senator Kennedy ignored. What a cover-up!!! SHEEEESH!!!

Him DaDa musta beat tha HELL outa him when he was a friggin? kid.. Poor mistreated little SHITHEAD.

Well?. At least she weren?t no friggin? *ag.

Travis

I could sure use another one right about now...
Old 02-04-2004, 03:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Larry

I THINK :cd: SuperFella is talking to you again??

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to travisab1

Sorry Gimpy;
I musta said sompin' wrong!!!
Corrected the F WORD so's I kun be's politicol corrupt!!!

Travis

I could sure use another one right about now...
Old 02-04-2004, 03:57 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

A worthy question might then be, "What might motivate anyone to do what has been done?"