The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2004, 06:23 PM

Bluehawk;

If I was the President of the United States, I would make an effort to meet the plane that brought our war dead home.
If I could not make it, I would put the Vice President, or the Secretary of State.

As it seems now, there is no one. I'm not sure if we even have a military band there, or the Honor Guard.

This is not a "political" issue. It is the United States of American we are talking about. It all stands.. past and present, on how you show the American people we honor our fallen conrads.

Simple lack of respect!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2004, 06:29 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

I agree Skeeter -
ARE you saying then, please bear with me because I am in NO way challenging your truth as you see it... ARE you saying now, that our President, by his negligence or lack of compassion sends NOBODY of rank in his stead, nor attends in person himself, to meet our fallen and wounded upon their return home.

IS that what you are saying.

If so, then why would that be, if it should be.

I have read his words, and the words of others describing how he handles these matters. It appears, if they spoke truth, that he does make personal visits of his own volition, as often as one would think a man in his position could, considering the frequency with which the planes arrive at Dover.

I should think that men (or women) under his command as CINC are certainly present there in full dress, offering the salute, respect and love of a grateful nation on his and our behalfs.

Having said that, I must admit that if I were President, in my most poetically correct mode... there is no way I would NOT meet every single one of our fallen, and hold the hand of every single one of our wounded upon their return.

Again, this is why I am not a likely Presidential candidate

I'd be exhausted from the sorrow...die of a broken heart, and have my VP (welll chosen one would pray!) in CINC spot.

I am NOT making light of your thought Skeeter, I just don't understand what you want him to do...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:47 PM

We have no way of knowing do we? His Adimistration, where they be his commands, or someone else, have refused to allow the news media to make any reports.. I would think the news media would show "him or someone in his command" that he has some compassion. If it was good for his image, wouldn't you think it would be to his advantage?.

Or is it another matter he will not face?
Old 03-07-2004, 07:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Skeeter

I think you hit the nail right on the head my friend!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:09 PM

Not being a fortunate son either. I think President Bush has a very full plate as has already been pointed out. I also feel that there just might be a little more to this than meets the eye. I am not so sure but, I don't know that a visit to Dover would make any families feel any better about their loss. As a father, It wouldn't make me feel any better.
As far as the press goes, they can take all their cameras and shove them. I don't think they should be allowed to any military installation. The only thing they are after is a big story to tell, whether it be truth or fiction. So far in my short life (57 years) the press hasn't painted a very true picture of happenings when it comes to the military.
Now as far as respect being shown by the President, I think he does show his respect, does he to it directly to all families or individuals, NO, but can or could anyone in his position. His representatives should be and I would like to think that they are. Like a military member showing up at the residence to assist the family, widow or anyone else in dealing with their great loss. This happened when a cousin was killed in IRAQ and the family was grateful to have the presence of the other family members of their loved on present.
I think this year is gonna be a bitch session about the President. But win or lose you can bet in 4 years the same bitches will be alive and well and bitching about everything from illegal aliens to bad water.

Just my opinion, could be wrong, have been before.
theemperor
Old 03-07-2004, 10:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default "Commander in Chief"

My personal opinion is that, since Mr Bush is the Commander in Chief of the armed forces of the United States, he should have grabbed an M16 and been sitting on top of the first damn tank that moved northward out of Kuwait.

Let him put his a** where his mouth is, along with all the other soldiers.

Steve / 82Rigger
Old 03-08-2004, 02:44 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Skeeter

Although this should go in the political section,
Our president is "a thoughtful person of his men at war"
Just like you say he isn't ,I can just as easy say he is.

Ron
Old 03-08-2004, 03:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

A very unpopular, media ridiculed and ignored War President traveled to the memorial alone. He was given only two minutes to speak and thus delivered the Gettysburg Address. His bravery and openness got him a pistol ball to the back of the head. The mold was destroyed after him and the Presidents that ignored the lesson were murdered by a killer?s bullet. The current Pres. is no Lincoln, not by a long shot, but then who is? A Sen. from MA. I suppose eh, right?

Scamp
Old 03-08-2004, 03:38 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

I do know, with fair certainty, that it WOULD be to his HANDLERS advantage somehow... but for the life of me I cannot understand that either... in fact I understand that even less!

I think they've got what Scout might call "body bagitis", which did not cut it then and ain't cutting it now.

I've seen not one thing in his term of office to date which would suggest that the President is insensitive to those under his command in time of war... I think after the party and handlers get finished channeling his speech, then once in awhile we get to hear what he himself actually thinks... it'd be the same for anyone in that job.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I agree, this belongs in the political debate section where Mr. Gimpy can have at it with his long-standing hate agenda, big time. What appeared to be a serious question turned out to be a politically levered argument/agenda. I won?t be fooled again, guaranteed, retired Navy O-6 or no.

Scamp