The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2004, 09:42 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default Apparently fishing is more dangerous than hunting in Minnesota!

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.d.../APA/408271092

Large Fish Catches Boy in Minnesota

The Associated Press
DULUTH, Minn.
An 11-year-old boy was out hunting frogs on Island Lake when he became the prey. A large fish, probably a muskellunge or a northern pike, attacked the boy about 5 p.m. Thursday as he and his young sister were wading in a foot of water.

The resulting wounds on Mason DeRosier's feet and hands required 11 stitches to close.

Mason's father, Richard DeRosier, was in a paddle boat just offshore during the attack. DeRosier, a Lake County deputy sheriff, said he was facing the children when he saw a huge swirl in the water.

"Before I can say 'Holy moley! Look at that!', all of a sudden the swirl is by their feet," he said.

Mason said he saw the fish splash just offshore. "It was like, maybe, 5 feet in front of us," Mason said. "Then it splashed right at my foot and bit me. It hurt."

It didn't let go. "I smacked it in the head and tried to pry it off my foot," Mason said. "He let go, but he bit my hand."

The sister wasn't hurt.

Mason was taken in back to the family's cabin to wash the wounds, then he was off to the hospital.

He received eight stitches in his left hand and three in the bottom of his right foot. He has numerous other bite marks across the top of his foot, his dad said.

"I'll bet he has 20 cuts on his foot and 10 cuts on his hand," Richard DeRosier said.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:42 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Angry Revwardoc

Did you hear the new one? The nuts at U. of Mass have a birth control device that when injected just under the skin makes the doe's sterile for a year. They are arguing that the heard doesn?t need to be culled if the birth rate is drastically reduced. Not sure how many millions the program would cost but the state sure would loose a lot in licenses to hunt.

You mentioned the Quabbin incident. The year after that one woman tried in vain to commit suicide about a dozen PETA people went into the same area armed with air horns. As they roamed the woods, every time they saw a hunter they would blow the horns and yell so that the poor deer would run away.

I don?t hunt anymore but if any of the PETA people get hurt I want to pull some strings to get on the jury.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Angry IN Washington!

Hunting Bear and Cougar with dogs is now illegal. Now the deer and elk herds are being ravaged by bear and cougar. Can't trap mink, beaver or muskrat any longer. The want to blow up all our dams on the Snake, Columbia, Pend Oreille, and Skagit river systems. No more inexpensive electricity, flood control, or irrigation for the food basket of the state (the central desert). Then we would have millions of starving humans along with all those starving animals. Great thinking!

Keith
Old 08-28-2004, 01:42 PM

Ron,

Check this site out for Texas Deer Hunting.

http://www.huntingtexasexotics.com/
Old 08-29-2004, 06:01 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default PETA

You'll notice, Those PETA idiots don't venture to Texas much. At least out in the woods anyway.
Coming on someones land is trespassing and will get you shoot.
Blowing a horn to scare deer away in deer season will get you shoot, and the game warden will show up in 4 or 5 days, just before the buzzards are finished. Hunting lissense money provides for the health or wild animals, If it wasn't for hunting lissense most of the deer would be gone along with the water foul.

Reeb
Im not much of a exotic hunter, The place I hunt has exotic hunts all year, I don't hunt deer in the summer, They are with there young. People pay big money for exotic hunts.

Ron
Old 08-30-2004, 08:31 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Hunt gone bad

I may have posted this before, if so here it is again.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Doc.2/47

Think ya did,Sid,but it's a classic and deserves at least yearly posting.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I was deer hunting once . . . .

Back when I was 18 I went deer hunting. Came across this guy that looked like a Mexican bandit. He had bandoleer of ammunition hanging from both his shoulders just like Mexican did in the movies. We had some nice pleasantries and as we part I said, (just could resist) "by the way, are the deer shooting back this year." A full clip of five shells and three or four in the pocket was all anyone needed for a day of deer hunting, but he must have had 50 bullets on him. Maybe the deer do shoot back someplace (like Texas).

Keith
Old 08-31-2004, 04:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

PHO127,

Isn't that a PETA poster?!
Old 08-31-2004, 05:01 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Deer and cat

Don't know if the above is a PETA poster or not but a friend of mine in Colorado sent this pic this morning from his digital Game Cam. The mule deer is going to have a bad day.