May God Bless,

Larry
Old 11-02-2004, 05:08 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default well, I hope you're right

Its time for a change
re:
#1) Undecided will pretty much be split--all 28 of them. Anybody who hasn't decided by now probably isn't voting. What really works for Democrats is big turnout and this year is going to be the biggest ever.
2) ALL polls are biased, as is the reporting of them.
3) Whether Bush stole the election or not, he got in in 2000 on a fluke, a constitutional loophole. Half a million more people voted for Gore than Bush. You bet Democrats think he stole it but whats even worse is that he took a "victory" of a few hundred and pretended it was a mandate for his actually radical views. Democrats have been almost competely shut out and vilified during the last 4 years, even with the country at war--thats why his recent "appeal" to Democrats, citing the names of Roosevelt, Truman and Kennedy was completely ludicrous. Sure is strange when there's so many people in his party that hate those 3 and what they ddid for America. Bush isn't half the man those 3 were. Truman and Kennedy were combat veterans while Bush avoided it like the plague.
Whats really ludicrous is that it looks like Bush has not picked up ONE vote from our side while we picked up votes from his AND Nader's. Kery has to run agains Bush AND Nader while Bush is only really competitive against Kerry with the help of Nader. Thats really a LOUSY record for a sitting president, but that's Bush's record all over: lousy. But Nader is only doing less than 25% of what he did last time because his followers are actually to the left of Kerry andknow that last time they helped elect Bush. Most of them are voting for Kerry--if theyres a Nader follower that votes for Bush, that is one Nader follower that is Failing To Grasp The Concept
Its hard to really tell whats going on from CA, we're not a "battleground" state although the highest populated. Neithe Kerry OR Bush plays ads here, its all local stuff. We think its really chickenshit that national elections are decided by just a handful of states.
4) You think Republicans don't do that? There's been dirty tricks galore by both sides--why do you think the Republicans hands are clean on this? Oh thats right, you ARE a Republican. Well from here it looks like the Republicans do all the bad things--that's why more people voted for Gore than Bush.
5) Ojala! Vamos a ver! *

Stay good big guy, see you at the polls!

James

*(Would that it be! We are going to see!)
Old 11-03-2004, 11:42 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Oops

Ok, I blew the presidential election, really thought Ohio would go Kerry. However, at least got the house and senate right. Tom Daschle was the first minority leader to loose since 1952, guess he didn't pray hard enough.

Isn't it odd that the North East, the Left Coast and a few states near the Great Lakes are Democrat and the rest of America isn't.

Bush got more Hispanic vote than Republicans in the past. Watch, Bush will appoint a black to be the Chief Justice, and another judge to the high court who is Hispanic. We may have just seen a historic election.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 

I only have one thing to say :
does a little dance
love ya
tina

To the past: Thank you for all you did for our Country..

To the future: Thank you for all you will do for our Country

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten
Old 11-03-2004, 04:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Talking Elections are over Hooray!!

Whoa this last two days have been amazing , Been out campaigning for the local State Rep. candidate K Godwin(R) she lost to the Incumbent(D)Mosley by only 200 votes. It was a 3 county race and she won two counties but didn't win by a big enough margin,as they say will try better next time. BTW while standing on the Street corner waving at drivers heading to the Polls here in little Nahunta,GA (pop.3000) we got a lot of Thumbs up for GW Bush . Went to Blackshear Ga around 7pm to await the election results for K Godwin and by 11pm after all the votes were tallied she lost by just 200 votes, not too bad for a 1st time challenger against a 4x Incumbent.

Sis, glad to see you and Griz didn't have to head for the hills too. Thought the snowman was As my favorite lil' character "the pilot" in the movie "Spaced Invaders" stated "Hooray for our side"

Well Pete Coors didn't win his senate race But... Louisiana,S.Dakota and Fla went republican in the Senate. Giving the Republicans a clear majority in the Senate. I bet Jim Jeffords is regretting the deal he made with Dashel for his move to the Dark side now for all that saw their candidate win last nite November 2nd congratulations!! to those left better chance next time

btw does anyone know who went to Wisconsin and slashed all those car tires on the 30 "Get out the Vote" GOP Vans???
Old 11-03-2004, 05:23 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Jerry D,

I'm completely relieved to know it won't be necessary to head for high ground. I do love my amenities. I mean what's a girl supposed to do without an electrical outlet for curling iron and a way to blow dry her hair? Not to mention not having a Nail Salon nearby.

Congratulations to our President and First Lady. I'm very proud and very thankful for both of them.

Blow dried chicks....

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."