The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2004, 12:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Like I said Im willing to learn....no matter how long it takes!!!!
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2004, 02:16 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool people

Dragon Lady: Jerker and I are getting together on the 20th, day before the flight, however we never agreed on a time. Never asked if he was working that day so was planning on showing up at about 5 PM. Sure could make it earlier, except for open heart surgery, I have nothing else planned that day. Would very much enjoy meeting you.
By the way, as others will tell you I?ve never adopted a southern accent while in the south or anywhere else. I really don?t have a Boston accent at all. Besides got more Ted Kennedy jokes than any of you. That seems to work just fine.

Sid: Southern Comfort and Tequila are the only two things I refuse to drink. We?ll have to come up with an alternative plan.
At a place called the Union Oyster House in Boston there is a plaque at the first floor bar (it?s three stories). It reads, ?Here sat Daniel Webster who (on whatever the date was) ate six dozen oysters and washed them down with six pints of brandy?. It isn?t just Southerners that have tradition!

LT: My plan is still to rent a mustang with the biggest engine available. Getting old is just a state of mind. If I remember the Outhouse correctly, I?ll be wearing my ?Yankee?s Suck? t-shirt. Not sure if we are following you to Ellijay or if you want a ride, either way, we cool. What size shirts do Lisa and Kathy wear?

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 03-24-2004, 04:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

You guys sound like we maybe should call in the national guard for civilian protection if any are still in the states. Andy I just got license plate holders that say "getting old ain't for sissies " they have a site on the internet where they will make them for you to say any thing you want plus you get lots of laughs when people read them. P.S. Don't bend over in ga. I done saw that deliverance movie it ain't safe unless your packin.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:18 PM

Andy,
Actually that works out better yet. I won't need to skate out of the office early. I could meet up with you guys for coffee after work. I'll give Curtis a call and coordinate. If memory serves me, there is a Greek diner at the end of Wolf Rd. Maybe we could all meet there. Worst coffee in town but the folks are nice enough.

Drive Carefully,
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 03-24-2004, 06:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Andy , plan on staying at my house and you can follow me up. Sure you don't want a speed loader ? Cathy and Lisa are probably M . Looking forward to this.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:25 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default AAARRRGGG Andy

Two of my favorite beverages, Southern Comfort is what we pack in with us when hunting, Goes pretty good with Grape Kool Aid. In fact We learned in VN that just about anything will mix with Grape Kool Aid. One of my Favorite Tequila drinks is half Tequila and Half Jager Meister, We call it an atomic balm. I guess we will have to settle for drinking the Half Gallon of Georgia Moon "Sweet liquor".
Old 03-24-2004, 06:28 PM

I'm beginning to see why Liver transplants are the order of the day in the southern hospitals and why they are in short supply up north!

Tequila & Jager Meister?

I gotta run...I think I'm going to be sick now!

*shudder*
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 03-24-2004, 06:46 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Funny, Most everybody

I tell about tequila and Jager has the same reaction
Old 03-24-2004, 07:34 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Sid

Before Vietnam, age 17, I had a bum, I mean a cooperating older gentleman purchase a pint of Southern Comfort and a six of Colt 45. A friend helped me a little but I downed most of it. Have you ever had the dry heaves? Ever been sick for three days? I feel ill when I smell that stuff.

Very shortly after Vietnam drove a Triumph 650 from LA to TJ Mexico and stayed for several days. Tequila tastes like bitter salt. It was so bad I quit drinking. At the same time I discovered the ladies really weren?t that attractive and I had no clue as to how to repair the ever failing electrical system on that bike. Bad juju!

Good old Southern drinkin? whiskey, rum, scotch, brandy and of course vodka are fine. Put the Jager down and I?ll teach you how to drink a Polish screwdriver.

DL, a coffee with you and Jerker sounds like an outstanding idea. The count down begins. Incidentally, it?s also illegal to ride a horse under the influence in our state.

John, you da man.

Chris, I will be packing, I never ever bend over and I like the idea of the license plate holder. Might buy one for my wife.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 03-24-2004, 08:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 
Talking

Andy I ended up buying six . front and back for the ford, buick, and chevy. so I'm way cool, Joan is still laughing since I installed them.