The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2004, 04:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sorry for the duplicate posts. I got too excited aout swapping oysters with some chic I never met that the finger on my mouse started shaking.
Sid, Lt, are there places close by to buy supplies, (liquor) or do we need to bring it.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2004, 05:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Places close by to buy , food , booze , ice and ammo.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:41 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Actually, I am down to just sippin

Nowdays, The diabetes has slowed the alcohol intake a bunch. I used to drink until I could get steady, Sometimes I got so steady I couldn't move. There will be lots of Coffee.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Coffee's good????....If you put a splash of whiskey in it to sweeten it up a tad
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 04-01-2004, 04:19 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default 21 and a wake up

only three weeks to go. Just a thought, for any of you driving up to Ellijay on I 575/515 the road is very heavily patrolled from exit 14 on. You can go 5 miles over but don't push more.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Alcohol consumption

Hope you don't mind myself swigging on Diet Pepsi, we call it Californa Comfort. Not that I havent had my times on Jose though--last drunk I ever had was with Jose--the one I woke up with over 100 stitches in my face and head from
Don't let old stick in the mud me hold you boys back though,I'm sort of counting on you all to drink heavy and have a riproaring good time--I'm hoping to finance my trip with poker winnings

Have a Nice day!!
James
Old 04-04-2004, 07:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by MORTARDUDE Thanks for the directions. Look forward to the trip. Just wondered who all is going to be there. Take care.

James :

Are you coming thru Memphis on the way there ?

Larry
No I'm flying into Atlanta the night of the 23d, 4/23. Spending the night there--don't want to be wandering the Georgia boonies in the dark (hint: been there, done that).
Driving up to Ellijay first thing after I get up in the AM, which is early but not going this way on the jetlag--how long a drive is it? (hours)
This will be an action packed trip thouogh, one of the Lrrpster's finest, I can tell. I always have a good time because I always take a good time with me. This can be unusual sometimes.
I'm leaving out of Nawlins--this only cost $50 more than a RT to Atlanta and lets me get my Zydeco and Jazz fix while I'm at it (missed it last year because of Vietnam) and also lets me get to Memphis. It will be the cheapest car available tho but gotta have CC, AC and CD. Can't be yellow, red neither, they taught us that in lrrp school

James
Old 04-04-2004, 09:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking James

I ain't never played poker before but I am willing to learn. Do you bet money $$
Old 04-04-2004, 12:58 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Question Questions

James: Some of these guys are all talk, you won?t be out of place being temperate. Personally, I think anyone who drinks prior to 4 PM is a barbarian. Do your musical tastes include people like Johnny Lee Hooker? I know we?ll be treated to some Southern tunes, just hope they include people such as Creedence.

LT: Poker? I think I played that once. Seems I lost a lot of money. Maybe we could find someone to help us learn. Is it a bad thing to draw to an inside straight?

Bob: Your damn straight, coffee is a good thing. Caffeine free diet coke is my brand in soda but with coffee, I like the high test.

Sid: I know your not a weather man and I spent an April in Augusta a number of years ago but that mountain sounds sort of high. What kind to temperatures would you expect? 55 is t-shirt and shorts weather for this Unionist, do you expect it to get much cooler?

Is anyone else going to color their hair? I was thinking of putting a few gray streaks near the temple. What do you think?

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 04-04-2004, 01:26 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default No pig this weekend

Saw two but did not get a shot at them. Still have weekend prior to campout though.

James, would diet coke do instead of diet pepsi? this is the world HQ of Coke you know.

All music is OK I have, Danes CD of his music. I kind of lean towards the Doors, Airplane.

Andy The days will be pretty warm the nights cool and comfy. if 55 is shorts and Ts Late April will be G strings and........

Today is the 1 year anniversary of LT saving the Baby Deer from the raging forest fire.