The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2004, 02:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I have only played poker a few times ( true ) and look forward to learning it from you guys. Be gentle. I enjoy hearts and spades and chess.

Larry
Old 04-04-2004, 02:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking WELL, BOYS

It's been my great regret to not to be able to make the East Coast Psyco Vets MC Annual Rally and Scramble, Pig Hunt, Titty Bar Tour, and Firewalk this year, but I'm shootin' for the West Coast Rally in JUL. The Psyco Vets MC, Bay Area Chapter [ABN] will be represented by my more than capable Bro, James [exlrrp], however.

Knowing first hand the twisted mind and warped sense of humor of paratroopers, I took it upon myself, mostly out of curiosity, to see if the cell phone number that Sid posted for any of you, possibly, lost souls to call for directions to Psyco Mtn. was legit. You'll be glad to know that if you call that number, you won't be connected to the local sheriff, where that Yankee accent might be cause for a full body cavity search, or to Bubba's "SQUEEL LIKE A PIG" Road House .

Had a good visit with Sid, and hit it off like we were old Buds. You guys are going to have a great time, and I'm sure sorry I won't be able to be there to enjoy everyone's company. I hope to call Sid's cell phone during the campout, and say "Hey" to each of you. Sid, your phone does work up there, doesn't it? Or is there a landline? Let me know.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Andy, it can get cool in the mountains all the way into May. We're about 150 miles due north (as the crow flies) and we have about 4" of snow in the mts right now. It starts about 3000 ft elevation. We're going on a weekend hiking trip the weekend before the campout and I told the boys the weather can be anywhere from 25 to 80. Watch the weather starting a week before for that area and dress accordingly or just bring clothes good for 25 to 80.

PS, I drew a royal flush in poker once. I won a whole lot of matches.

PPS, Larry I don't usually drive that far by myself but I will see how I am doing at the time. I would love to see Shiloh and have some West Tennessee barbeque. Strange but true, I lost two great uncles at Shiloh.
Old 04-04-2004, 05:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

I just hope that baby deer enjoys his life. I do . Assign people to watch me at the campout

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 08:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default T minus,...

...408 hours, and counting,...

...If Andy survives my house on the 21st, err, I should say if he survives my dog, we'll be down in the sunny southern tier,...

...and then he can explain to you why I'm crazy,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 04-05-2004, 04:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Fred :

Please consider driving over for a visit. There are a lot of tourist attractions around here that I haven't seen. My wife knows about them as a result of field trips for our sons in school. I look forward to meeting you. Which units were your great-uncles with at Shiloh ? My great-grandfather was with the Co. F ( "The Middleton, TN. Tigers" ) 9th Tennessee Infantry, C.S.A...I found a book entitled "The Ninth Tennessee Infantry : A Roster", by James R. Fleming, published by White Mane Publishing Co. ( 1996 )., Inc....that is a wonderful resource for this unit. There is an address to write concerning other books this company has published ...

White Mane Publishing Co. Inc
PO Box 152
Shippensburg, PA 17257

I have found that it is indeed a small world where the Civil War is concerned.

Larry
Old 04-05-2004, 08:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Larry,

Sad but true....Docs relatives were wearing blue. He's an East Tennesseian but a yankee at heart. I think your relatives were bayonetting each other.

J.E.B. Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 04-05-2004, 09:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Actually these, being poor nonslaveholders, fought on the Confederate side. My rich slave owning relatives fought for the Union. Never knew who they were with but I remember a letter they had sent home to my great grandfather. They rode mules in the cavalry and complained about having nothing to eat but raw corn out of the fields. That letter is lost now. Their last name was Brumit but don't remember their first names. They weren't reported killed or anything, they just were never heard from again. I guess that was pretty common back then.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Doc,

Are you saying that your relatives got it bass akward???? Actually, your stories of your area are so funny and interesting, this does not surprise me atall.

Also, many many of the dead were never reported. Most of the MIA's of that day were presumed dead or deserted. Interesting.

J.E.B.

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 04-05-2004, 03:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Lt our Hero, He jumped into the raging inferno. Saved the baby deer at the cost of a few burns and alot of pain and now Sid is looking forward to shooting the grown up bambi