The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2005, 09:03 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Gentlemen...and I use the term very loosely, I have somewhat of a problem. Have discussed this with Bobk a little and could not come up with a solution, so I used my unparalleled wisdom and decided to do this.....

When we first started talking about the reunion this year and I figured I was going to be there come hell or high water, I placed an order for some small trinkets that I wanted to give to my Vietnam Vet brothers at the camp out. Well at the time there were only 9 members from the site going and I ordered ten items, just in case. As I do a head count I see there may be as many as 13 or more Patriot File members going to be there.

My solution is to give the items to the first ten people who committed to be at the camp out and order more and send them in the mail to the rest afterwards. Hope this does not cause any hard feelings or anything else. Guess I should have ordered 20 in the first place.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2005, 11:22 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Trav
Dont worry about it, the guys are happy just to meet you in person. On the other hand....If these trinkets are worth some money....lets say a grand or more....Then I want my damn trinket
along with the return information!!!
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 03-22-2005, 11:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sid :

I have had 3 kidney stones over the years. 2 passed and one i had to have surgery to remove it...so i know how you felt. but 2 at one time !!! YOW !!....glad you are ok !

trav :

Glad your divorce is final. i haven't had the first court hearing of any kind for mine and it has been almost 6 months.....

Larry
Old 03-22-2005, 12:51 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, GREAT GOD ALMIGHTY FREE AT LAST!!!!

Just got back from the hearing and things could not have gone better! She gets child support and that is it. I got everything that I asked for and than some. Judge must have had a soft spot for disabled vets and I played it to the max!!!!

Alls fair in love, war and divorce!

Sid...any chance I can head your way tonight and get a jump on this party?

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 03-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Come on down

Next week I have to make a final check the lights at Turner field prior to the opening game on Friday. The field has to be relamped every 3 years. Ever hung on a light rack 200 feet above the ground? Then we could take in opening game on Friday. I have a Turner Field gold card ID that will get me anywhere including the Broadcast booths and TV vans.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Trav why are you giving my friends kidney stone trinkets they hurt, I'll pass on mine but your still welcome to come out and hunt Elk this fall. I passed a kidney Rock one time that you could have carved mt rushmore and stonewall jackson both on it. But by the time it finshed its epic journey I couldn'nt find it to show the Doc. But Sid I feel your pain Brother thats one thing I never want again OUCH big Time.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Travis : Thats good news on the divorce settlement

Sid : them stones are a pain in the back, mine were gall stones in 98' had my gall bladder removed (it looked like a bag full of marbles on the ultra-sound) hope your feeling much better after passing your's .

BTW last Saturday My truck decided to throw a right front wheel. Was catastrophic bearing failure. Found out the hard way you have no brakes when that happens (we were driving slow enough I literally drove up over the wheel,buckling the front fender and the wheel ended up denting the rear fender as it exited) the local garage is going to make some money putting the wheel back on and getting the passenger door to open.

Tonight there were lots of tornado sightings down here did anyone in the SE get hit by one nearby??
Old 03-23-2005, 03:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Trav! Great news on the divorce! Mine went the same way years ago, then the bitch filed bankruptcy and stuck me with everything she said she was responsible for but I was a co-signer on the credit cards. Hope this continues to go well and will see you soon!

Jerry, we got over 4 inches of rain, lots of thunder and lightning, but seemed to have missed the tornadoes. We are still under a severe storm watch this a.m. with a possibility of tornadoes and damaging winds, and coastal flooding. We already have some flooding but that's normal for the Lowcountry. Going shrimping in a minute in my front yard.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 03-23-2005, 07:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Jerry , one dead in south Ga by tornado in Seminol county
Old 03-23-2005, 03:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

We did ok just really wet here. Looks like I could go fishing for crawdads in the back yard.The closest a tornado came to us was north west of us in Screven,GA in Wayne Co. it was an F2 and took out around 50 homes and a few business's last nites storm was very windy Screven had baseball size hail too.