The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2006, 04:30 PM

I was wrong again. I thought PM's were PM's. I see you choose to take them public. What does that say about you?

Actually, I am glad you did publish the message because it shows that I have no animus toward you and wish to conduct a rational discussion based on facts and not perceptions. It also says I am willing to correct my views if I am wrong.

Do you go crying to the moderator everytime someone disagrees with your viewpoint? This is the first time I have ever offered to discuss an issue with you by PM.

I offered, publicly, on the forum, to discuss anything with you PM. I stand by that message.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Someone that thinks Vietnamese is a race has there own opinion on the whole VN country and the War. I don't agree with you , Lets just leave it at that. If there is a way to block you from sending me PM I'll do it, Dave hasn't answered me yet. Just because someone disagrees with you then they have a pathetic outlook. My outlook is just fine. You get offended if I say bad things about VN and its people, Good thing you weren't in my unit you would like anyone there. My feeling about VN and the people haven't changed and never will. They suck, and I don't care who knows it.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:05 PM

Ron,

Let's not leave it about that. Let's talk about race:

American Heritage Dictionary: "A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race."

I think the same definition would apply to the Vietnamese.

You are right about one thing: good thing I wasn't in your unit.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:41 PM

Thank you exlrrp for your input about Vietnam. It was very helpful.
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:02 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Covan
The German race, there is no such thing, Your talking Ethnicity when you talk about people from a Reagen or country, There are only 5 races,Talk to any Anthropologist. I have a friend that came from south Africa and now is a US citizen, He is a African American, But he is a White guy, His ethnic background is Africa. Jewish is not a race either.
Just because your offended by me talking bad about Vietnamese don't change my opinion, I don't mean to offend you but thats your problem, my opinion is still my opinion.
If me talking to you about VN offends you maybe me and you shouldn't talk about VN.
And you wouldn't have lasted 2 weeks in my unit. You like the Vietnamese so much you would have been bait. Bait don't last long before its eaten.

Ron
Old 11-21-2006, 06:09 AM

Distinctions
Special Projects POM Staff Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g Dave

Is there a way to block someone from sending you a PM?

Ron
You cant block PMs, However you can put people on your ignore list - which means you dont see their posts. Something that can be used to avoid seeing peoples opinons.

It looks like this in a thread:

This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

to do this:
click on the users profile button
click ignore at the very bottom of the page

Bernadette
Old 11-21-2006, 07:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Just fucking lucky, I guess

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g James
you wrote "We do things when young we wouldn't do later, those who survive to be old are the ones who have learned the lessons."
The only thing I would have done differently (now that Im old) I would have used more auto fire just in case some were hiding and I couldn't see them. The Vietnamese people were some worthless peaces of elephant dung and still are as far as Im concerned. The ONLY time I ever heard of any ARVN unit doing any fighting was in HUE in Jan Feb 68, They done real good then and bore the brunt of the fighting in Hue, (not to say that the Marines didn't do there share). Note-- all the pictures of the Marines walking threw the city of Hue with blown up buildings and such is because the ARVN had already been there.
Im happy for guys that can go back to Vietnam and forgive and forget, I just ain't one of them. It doesn't matter weather the war was a just war or anything else, It's where our country sent us and we went. Protesting our government and the troops in time of war is wrong. If it was up to me back then I would have warned Kent state students and then opened up with a 50. and at all the rest of the "demonstrations" also. F-um, the a@#$#% protesting what I do for my country.

Ron
Well Ron, I think I may just amend that line to read: "We do things when young we wouldn't do later, those who survive to be old are the ones who have learned the lessons. Then there are the rare exceptions to this, who are, in the main, just really fucking lucky."

And I may even have to include myself in the last named bunch, no error. But I have picked up a few wrinkles and scars over time and may have learned something from them. I'd rather be lucky than smart anyway.

HEY!! Your answer is spelled too good--WHERE IS RON AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HIM?? !!!

No, I know its you Ron, and once again appreciate your honesty--it does, after all, prove my case.

HEY!! What do you think about Bush in Vietnam??--guess he couldn't get out of it this time!!
I'm amazed that I haven't seen any posts about this for alll the posts I saw about Clinton doing it raking him over the coals.

Stay good
James
Old 11-21-2006, 08:29 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

While President Bush was in Vietnam, a reporter was interviewing some of the locals and asking them about their opinions about how they view Ameircans most of the responses were very positive, they all seemed to like Americans, heck even one NVA vet was asked, and he felt Americans were now friends of Vietnamese. I don't know about you, but it will be a cold day in hades before I sit down and have coke with a former NVA or VC and chit chat about the Plei Trap Valley, Chu Moor Mountain, or Dak To and what took place there 30 years ago.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 11-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

James
I promised Doc I would not be as augmentative and use spell check, One out of two, thats better then major league baseball players average.
VN info, Just for you bud.
NOT ONE Senator, or House members son went anywhere close to VN when VN was going on. I never did like that.
A few weeks ago I went to the barber and sat in the chair, this Oriental looking lady came to cut my hair, I was wearing my 25th belt buckle and she started talking like all barbers do, she says she lived in VN and came hear when we pulled out. I got up from the chair, paid her and left, No words, I just left, went somewhere else for my hair cut.
When you and Tom went back to VN, I couldn't see how you could do that, but thats the difference between people I guess, I would add, Way to go. Its probably more healthy to forgive and forget, but thats just not me.
Ron

ps. we democrats need to spray that can of stuff wherever we can.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

More South Vietnamese soldiers died defending their country then the French did in all of WWII "defending" theirs from the Germans.

The First Air Cav Division had more helo's then the whole ARVN. We sold them down the tubes.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)