The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2003, 03:23 PM

Hi Boats

I hope that the last remark wasn?t to me.
We are a small country, with a population of 4, 5 mil and conscripts that serve for 12 month?s.

We can?t send those boys out to battle.

They are good soldiers learning to survive and fight in artic areas.
Actually I?m proud to say that my battalion have engaged UCMC many time?s and been victorious.

Not bad for some kids of 19-20 years of age with 12 month?s of training. But that?s what we good at, artic warfare.

Well, enough bragging.

I hope you read my first tread, there you could read about some of the support we gave and giving to the operation Enduring Freedom.

But France and other countries have professional forces. Well they should do their part, and we will do our where we can without sending those conscript out.

Staff_HQ
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2003, 03:30 PM

reconeil, well you are not alone.
Glad to hear that the Mrs is in charge other places to.

little sparrow, thx for the nice reply.
Well, your reply maked me smile to.

God bless your troops.

Staff_HQ
Old 03-21-2003, 12:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Hello Norway Staff_HQ,
Living here in Georgia Its great to hear that our Beautiful Old Flag Is flying proudly In your Home ,
E Pluribus Unim it's amazing how every one forgets and its useually right in front of everyone sometime during the day, God Bless and Thank You for your Support...... BTW who all remembers The MASH episode where Margret "Hot Lips" Houlihan gets all goo goo eyed over the Visiting Dr from Norway :-)
Old 03-21-2003, 05:42 AM

Staff_HQ,

If it seems personal maybe it wasn't really intended to you directly or your country but I don't recall Norway jumping on the band wagon supporting the US and Britian when we called for support.

Everyone is so used to the USA & Britian and few other's taking the lead. If these small countries can't support with manpower then us at least go public make a statement of support.

Many of us are getting a little upset that we (USA/Britian) are always having to take the lead in many key issues that affect the entire world.

We hate war as much as the next but we are always there for those who can't stand up for themselves or have been persecuted.

Let's see a little more visual support for the folks at home so that we don't build these walls of decent.

Until this conflict is over I and our troops are no longer being killed I'm going to be sensitive to anything or anyone who tends to be non-supportive. Other's are more diplomatic than me but I need to express my feelings since I'm too old to go active and do my own fighting rather than watch these young kids with their whole lives ahead of them be hurt, wounded or killed.

It's very frustrating not being able to particapate in something or issues you truly believe in. But I know our troops and current alias will do what I can no longer do. They are trained and well armed. They are our best we have to offer and than means an awful lot to me.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 03-21-2003, 07:15 AM

Boats

I?m sorry to say that you remember wrong.
When it comes to Sept 11, we were fast to offer our support.
I can also tell you that we offered more than was needed, so the US actually could choose of which form of support they needed.
This was aid in military and civilian categories.

We had K-9 search teams waiting for a go-no go if requested upon.

I can speak for my country and my country alone. But I do know where we stood and what we did.

I myself stood standby for security detail to US/NATO military areas.

Staff_HQ