Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2005, 05:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

From the mouth of this raping murdering bastard:

"America is out to get me".

Notice how the tough raper didn't fight it out with the police. Too bad....he doesn't deserve to live long, hell, or live at all.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 03-13-2005, 09:16 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

I was reading in today's paper that his family describes him as a quiet, hard-working man and what he did was totally our of character.

However, former teammates, classmated, co-workers, etc. describe him as "one mean-ass dude" and "a guy you don't wanna mess with!"

I guess families always see each other through bullshit colored glasses.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Well ya, at least Georgia and the Feds are out to get him now and I do believe they have some cases and some good ones at that. At least the guy is perceptive but I don?t think he is going to like the results very much. What do ya suppose he is going to look like the next time he goes before a Judge? Maybe all trussed up like Hannibal the Cannibal or something along those lines.

Scamp
Old 03-13-2005, 03:16 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Stuff

Maybe I can clear something up. In the 80s and 90s there was a big push to get more women in law enforcement. Sheriffs work the courts and there are probably near 33% female sheriffs now. When this equal rights thing started in the courts male sheriffs were always given the task of guarding the big bad guys. However a grievance was filed on behalf of male sheriffs saying this wasn?t fair and if they got all the tough jobs they ought to be paid more. As a result prisoners are guarded on a blind rotation system. If your number is up, the next guy being brought into the court belongs to you. The prisoner?s sex or the crime he/she committed makes no difference.

One procedure we use around here if cuffing the defendant in jail and not taking the cuffs off until they are seated in their chair in the courtroom. The judge and jury are not prejudice because the defendant is always seated prior to the judge or jury entering the court. I?d hope they do the same thing in all states. Has anyone heard if he grabbed the pistol as he was being un-handcuffed?

Sis, from what I?ve heard and read this judge was a pretty well liked individual. The idea of a set up doesn?t have a solid ring. The defendant shot the judge but he also murdered the court reporter, the person who sits near the witness stand and records all that is said. Killing the court reported sure seems like a random act of violence. Actually, your being very sexist thinking that a woman couldn?t do as well a job as a man.

Rigger, no firearms at all in the court house??? We have several gangs in this area. If they knew everyone in the court was unarmed, can?t you just see a dozen guys with masks and semi-AK?s getting a friend out of jail and getting a lot of prestige doing it? What a great way to gain a powerful rep.

Keith, think your post on what was in this guy?s head is right on. It?s amazing how many college sports starts who didn?t make the pros end up on the wrong side of the law. Course there?s people like OJ too.

Paco, I was really surprised about him giving up. He sure seemed like a guy who wanted to commit suicide my means of Police.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 03-13-2005, 06:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Good points Andy. Kieth , we didn't make him , he made himself. I'd kill him slow
Old 03-13-2005, 07:55 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Interesting stuff Andy. You're right the set up scenerio doesn't wash.And yeah dang me, dang me they oughta take a rope and hang me for being prejudice against a little woman being put on such a big bad dude.The worst of it is there is no repentance on my part for such a politically incorrect mindset.

I am proud of this woman.The reports said she put up a good fight. I wouldn't want her job.I'm sure she isbright and capable. She was just tosmall for the challenge she faced.

There has been a lot of discussion about the size of the "person" guarding a prisoner should be comparable to the size of the prisoner. No gender mentioned of course.Whoa now!That would be one big mama at6ft 1in and 200 lbs.

I don't knowat what pointhe got her weapon. I missed the updates today. I took a break from the talking heads went to churchand took a drive down memory lane on old Route 66 found a little hole in the wall place called the Top Hat and had a wonderfully delicious old fashion hamburger, mustard, pickle, and onion please.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 03-14-2005, 06:53 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Sparrow

I don't believe you did not know I was pulling your chain. If an offensive line man for the New England Patriots was arrested and I was taking him to court, first words said would be, "OK, lets have some back up here". Know your own limits.

Your right there has been talk about the size difference. Frankly, it's all about attitude, not size. You never show fear, keep the pepper spray Very handy, and two people 5'5 (regardless of sex and if trained) can take down anyone 6'2. It's sort of surprising N.O.W. hasn't stepped in to say, "Hey, wait a minute".

Bottom line, this was a very sad and preventable incident. Sure hope the Georgia officials learn from this and give their people more training.

Stay healthy, Love yah,
Andy
Old 03-14-2005, 09:02 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Andy,

I was hoping that was the case. I sure would hate to see agood cop defect to the ranks of N.O.W. !!!!'sides I don't think to fast when I'moverdosed on cholestrol. (reference the hamburger I'm not suppose to be eating...and oh heck I may as well fess up....french fries too..)

Did you hearvideohas caught much of what happenedwith the guard and inside the court room?Alsothat the Judge had asked for more security insidethe court room because the perp had previously been caught with a couple of shanks in his shoes.Don't know if it would have changed things but odd to me that his request was ignored.

Smiles and love back to you...

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 03-14-2005, 09:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs down

The judges request was not ignored , they added an extra cop to the courthouse. He was taken from the jail to the courthouse unhandcuffed by a small female with a loaded gun. After he had the gun he could fled but he went into the courtroom and shot the judge in the head and then the court reporter . I'd kill him slow.