The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2005, 02:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

the vietanm war should have been fought with the reserves and national guard first. it would have been short and no draft would have been necessary. instead it was fought the way it was so LBJ and Co. could run a criminal enterprise and use draftees for cannon fodder. i am still pissed too.

larry
Old 05-17-2005, 02:50 PM

ALRIGHT MORTARDUDE- WE HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON I WONDER IF WE CAN GET ENOUGH DRAFTEES THAT ARE PISSED OFF AND FORM A "DAMN RIGHT I'M PISSED ASSOCIATION. GOT AN E-MAIL FROM BILL . HE'LL LET ME KNOW IF HE FIND ANYTHING I CAN RELATE TOO THANKS FOR THE TIP
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:03 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Question

A quick google search shows 66% of those that fought in WWII were drafted. Is thatan accuratenumber?A question to anyone that cares to answer. Could we have won WWII without the draft?

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-17-2005, 03:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

I joined the Navy the day my greeting from uncle sam letter arrived. I did not open it so I didn't lie when I told the recruter I haven't recieved my draft notice yet. I also got a second notice of failer to respond while I was in boot camp.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:33 PM

well i think that bomb they dropped only killed 200,000 so l'm not sure he was a draftee as for the sailor today they would lock you up for draft evasion
Old 05-17-2005, 04:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I was drafted while playing professional baseball. I then went and took another year so I could jump from aircraft while in flight. (My recruiter was a liar) Per capita Vietnam had more enlistee's then draftee's. Sparrow, I doubt we could have won WWII without a draft, nor WWI, nor Korea. We being children of the WWII generation felt an obligation and many joined because of that obligation keeping many more out of the draft. Many draftee's did not serve in Combat Arms. Many did. I agree with Andy that if for some strange reason we would ever need another draft, which I would bet we would not, NO DEFERMENTS except in cases where proof, not just one doctor saying you got a bad knee, positive that you could not serve in some capacity, would keep you out. Mike, you had a choice. Jail, Canada, or the 25th Division. I'm proud you went with the 25th but not sure how remaining angry about it for over 30 years will be at all benificial to you. I believe we have an obligation to this country beyond paying taxes. If everyone believed that paying taxes was enough we'd be paying taxes to the Nazi's, Japs, or the Soviet Union as we speak. I hate paying taxes, but would rather send my money to Washington than the Soviet Union, although I don't see a lot of difference anymore.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 05-17-2005, 05:13 PM

yea paco i had all those choices but i should have been left to do what i had choosen to do. the war was over by the time i showed up and it was stayin' alive not fighting a war .
Old 05-17-2005, 05:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Mike how could the war be over before you showed up.? your profile said you served from 1969 to 1971 as far as I know the war was still being fought big time during those years. I'm confused and I'm having a hard time trying to follow your thought pattern.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Cool Mike

If people are shooting at you the war ain't over. Ask the dead , if they died in a war. BS .
Old 05-17-2005, 06:47 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

This started off as a pretty good thread but has turned into a poor me, look what happened to me kind of thing. Not sure i am following all you have posted Mike. You are a brother and I wish you luck in whatever it is you are searching for.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!