The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2005, 06:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Larry,

You are 100% CORRECT! You are learning this bs system. Keep up the good work. They love it when you "appeal". There are better ways.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2005, 05:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Although I haven?t filed for anything with the VA, I have helped a couple of my bros get their comp increased by writing letters on specific things relating to their case that were presented as evidence to the VA by their county Vet reps. In both cases, the increase was granted and an appeal was unnecessary. What surprised me, after hearing all the stories about the VA delaying claims for years, was they were granted the increases pretty quickly.

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 12-09-2005, 07:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Bill,

Actually some Regional Offices work better than others. In Columbia, SC, their philosophy is...."take your time processing these. Hell, they could die first!" Sounds like you have a decent RO.

Do most of you know that when you get your check on the first of the month it is for last month? VA philosophy #2.....it would be a overpayment if the veteran dies during the month so to save that possibility....the checks are a month behind.

Pack

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 12-09-2005, 07:53 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default I finished all my exams

The VA did a complete review of all of my disabilities, here is my tally of the results

Diabetes, Still have it, Neuropathy has extended to both hands, Eyes, they are now sending me to Emory Medical center for additional work. My guess is an added 20% for L& R hands Neuropathy.

Hearing. confirmed tinnitus in L&R ears and increased hearing loss in right ear. Added 20% for loss. PS, The hearing Doc is a real Babe and just returned from 3 weeks in VN fitting over 700 hearing aids for a volunteer group.

PTSD, Was in Shrinks office for 15 minutes, Quote, "You have nothing to worry about". Was intrigued when I wrote on the medical history sheet RTFF. He asked what it meant and I told him Read The F*cking File. Seemed suprised that I had not been to jail for some type of assault for shooting people after VN.

Now lets see what the VA is going to do with all of this.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:56 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Sid...good luck brother, all will turn out well I am sure!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: I finished all my exams

Quote:
Originally posted by PHO127 The VA did a complete review of all of my disabilities, here is my tally of the results

Diabetes, Still have it, Neuropathy has extended to both hands, Eyes, they are now sending me to Emory Medical center for additional work. My guess is an added 20% for L& R hands Neuropathy.

Hearing. confirmed tinnitus in L&R ears and increased hearing loss in right ear. Added 20% for loss. PS, The hearing Doc is a real Babe and just returned from 3 weeks in VN fitting over 700 hearing aids for a volunteer group.

PTSD, Was in Shrinks office for 15 minutes, Quote, "You have nothing to worry about". Was intrigued when I wrote on the medical history sheet RTFF. He asked what it meant and I told him Read The F*cking File. Seemed suprised that I had not been to jail for some type of assault for shooting people after VN.

Sid,

You crack me up!.......... Sounds like some of the stuff I told MY Doc.

Good luck Bro..................and don't forget to 'give'm HELL!.'

Keep us posted on the outcome of your case.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: I finished all my exams

Quote:
Originally posted by PHO127 The VA did a complete review of all of my disabilities, here is my tally of the results

Sid, this surprises me, I thought your VA Thing was a done deal. When I met you last year you were celebrating your 100%?
They gave me 70% on the PTSD the first time. Guess I told them the right story(the one about stabbing that poor SOB to death)--or maybe it was a case of RTFF. Or maybe I'm just obviously more whacked than most.
Nobody's surprised I never been arrested for anything, I'm not so flambuoyant as you in these things but thats the way of the lrrp: come out of nowhere, do the job, fade back into nowhere whistliing a cheery little tune to oneself (my favorite: BEEthovens "Ode To Joy" Dadadadadeedeedeedee) I enjoy keeping my little contretemps out of sight. Old lrrps never die, they just smell that way.
Stay good
JAmes