The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2002, 04:18 PM

BC

I personally can answer that in One Or More "word"

NONE. NONE. NONE, NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didnt go to Nam for the fun of it, and I will be damned if I lose it here in USA.

I will have to agree with all the replies that you got so far to go with Keith's.

(By the way " if you can paint all this with one brush"., ISURE COULD USE SOME HELP RIGHT NOW.

To much going and no help ( winter time)

enough............
Old 11-19-2002, 10:46 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool Blues

I didn't think you were ragging on me. And like you I have friends who are cops, I won't let one of my sisters marry one of them, but I have cop friends.
BTW: I'm doing better than my doctors believe. An emperiment that went right. How cool is that. People suffering from lymphoma are supposed to get better due to the Harvard research I've been an unwilling part of.

Getting back to the issue here: no one cares if you drove home drunk last night and were not caught. No one cares if the night before last you were cheeting with Mary Rottencrotch. As Arrow and Keith pointed out, "Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep."

Stay healthy, I am,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 03:52 AM

reeb sence my mother-in-law past way my better half has had me painting roo9ms cleaning carparts washing wall,Ineed some help around here I'm as busy as a dog with two tails.
razz
Old 11-20-2002, 06:09 AM

My worry re this new law & department is that once we have it, we will always have it. I really don't think that the cops in the trenches will abuse it, but I'm not so sure about the political appointees who head up the police agencies. I do not trust anyone who has power over me..remember, power corrupts & absolute power corrupts absolutely.
What really is scary is that most polls indicate that a majority of Americans are willing to give up some of their freedoms for security. Gee, that must make me a member of the minority. I have no intention of giving up one damn right that I fought for & my father fought for!
Old 11-20-2002, 06:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default We Already have Thought Police.

It started with the PC movement. Just ask Jimmy the Greek, Andy Rooney, or John Rocker, all banished or sent to a PC school until they saw the light.

I don't belive that anybody can tap your phone on a "Whim". You still have to get a court order and produce at least some evidence as to why you have to tap the phone. I have given up no rights since 2000. We have never had a right to not be annoyed and that's what most of these ridiculous security measures are, an annoyance. Now there are people out there trying to take our 2nd Ammendment rights away, and my right to enjoy a cigarette with out being branded as some kind of killer of the innocent. The problem is that we have to stand up to this kind of tyranny but most are afraid cause' they don't want to seem politically incorrect. Thankfully we have put people in Washington that will hopefully have the balls to stand up the the tyranny of PC. If not, then we need to get rid of them and put someone in that will.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 11-20-2002, 08:55 AM

Paco,

Isn't telling a blatant, boldface lie to get a warrant the same as getting one on a whim? Isn't it just as baseless and wrong? Maybe "whim" was not the best word to use.

I, too, do not fear the police themselves. The ones I fear, as has been pionted out already, are the political appointees that have proven, time and time again, that they cannot be trusted. Am I paranoid? No. Paranoia is fear ... fear is not necessarily paranoia.

The Old Sarge
Old 11-20-2002, 09:00 AM

There were times, Constitution or not, when people were persecuted for thoughts, and speech. For what they read, for what they wrote, and for what their neighbors accused them of. True, rarely were they put to death for these "crimes", but I can't imagine what a living hell it made their lives. Who decided then what thoughts or speech were crimes? I don't trust that anyone named : Thought Police? Talk Police? Who's going to decide what's "proper" and what's "illegal" thought? You? Me? Hillary Clinton? Newt Gingrich? The Pope? Osama Bin Ladan?
would never change the rules for personal gain, a witch hunt, and false security. And after hearing how many times people blame "the Government" instead of the people who elected and backed them, I don't believe that there would be many who would know what to do. They would be lambs walking to the slaughter, feeling powerless.
IMHO
Old 11-20-2002, 01:08 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Post Keith

I wanted to respond to your post before and forgot. I mentioned that airport security is a joke. When Packo and Fred visited I drove them and the ladies back to the airport. They made me get out of the car, removed their bags from my trunk, lift up the pad, unscrew the cover over the tire so they could see my spare. I did what was requested. Then we walked into the airport. All the time I was carring a .38 cal. S&W snub nose. Since then, I've given another person a ride to the airport and went through the same dog and pony show. It is a joke.
One last thing about wire taps. Everyone on this site does have a fear which is legitimate. The Fed's may tape the wrong phone and be listening to your wife telling you what to bring home from the store. It happened. We asked for a tap on 4603 and they taped 4630. After the first time I heard a seven year old talking to his grandmother, had a feeling something was wrong.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 11-20-2002, 01:59 PM

Regarding our Constitution and Bill of Rights.
If the government officials we have elected, feel we need to change the way our current laws are, maybe we just need to enforce the laws we got. Theres enough of them!

"Don't ever take a fence down untill you know the reason why it was put up."
Old 11-20-2002, 03:17 PM

Razz;

DONT LET THEM " HONEY DO's " GET TO YA

Ask Sgt Tropo about them.

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enough.............