The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2003, 09:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Chris, Jone, Dave, Bern, Tom, Ed, Grizz and any that I left out (and all the critters) Thanks For a great time. I hope all had as mush fun as I did. Seems I missed the fire though and hope Ed is doing better Ifin he needs anything let me know cause I do live close. Lookin forward to next year.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2003, 10:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Great pictures and fantastic fish. What were you using for bait ? I am sort of lost when it comes to salmon. Are those that you caught similar to the canned pink salmon ? Looks like some folks got a wee bit too much sun..

Larry
Old 07-08-2003, 10:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Larry we use harring for bait. No the kings and silvers are much bigger then the pinks. the fish that Frisco is holding up is a pink 4 to 7 lbs is average. silvers run 5 to 20 lbs and the kings run up to 60 or 70 lbs around here in the fall but the average is 15 to 25 anything over 25 is concidered a trophy around here.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:59 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Too Much Sun

In this neck of the woods,after month upon month of clouds and rain,Ol` Sol can do some pretty severe damage to those of us who are unprepared.Never really bothered me much until I started taking all the meds needed for arthritis-I`ve become very thin-skinned and have to be careful.....Andy: The Lord works in mysterious ways-as you are well aware. :re:

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 06:14 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Cool THANKS CHRIS AND JOAN!

Great hospitality, great food, great conversation, great comraderie, and great fishing. Well worth the drive, and those who couldn't make it, for what ever reason, for sure missed a top-notch time.

Andy: There were a few tee-totalers there, but Marine AO and I did tip a few beers. Since Keith wasn't there, I assume this was all voluntary. He wouldn't have slowed me down anyway. Us Catholic/Lutherans don't have any such silly restrictions .

Larry: The fishing was GREAT! I also caught a King that probably weighed 15-18lbs.. Bernadette out-fished all of us guys with 5 keepers. A few other people on the boat had her to thank for filling out their limits. As a group, the Psyco Vets did EXCELLENT. Nobody got skunked, but Griz was starting to worry a bit . As far as the sunburns, my Irish hide burns easier than it tans. I can't recall ever burning my EARS before! Plus, people in Washington don't tan......they rust.

Griz: It was soooo cool spending the day with ya fishing and seeing you do so well healthwise, my friend. Wish you could have stayed longer, but I understand commitment.

Marine AO: Was glad you decided to jump in and join us. Enjoyed your company.

Bern and David: It was EXCELLENT finally getting to personally meet the two of you. Thanks for letting an old guy hang out with you Friday. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Bern, give your Dad my best.

Already looking forward to next year.