The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2004, 07:40 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Reeb...

Your wrong both ways regarding: "...we (the USA) is causing most of the damage, not Mother Nature".

The cause of most everything sick and foul happening in Iraq currently, is due mainly to Murderous Muslim Insurgents from surrounding Islamic Dictatorships, whom don't believe that infidels even deserve to live,...much less be FREE from the usual dictates of their age old MASTERS.

Mother Nature is somewhat to blame also.
After all, Mother Nature has for a longtime permitted such a breed of Sicko Rulers, Omnipotent War Lords and/or feigning holiness gods, to actually be born, survive, rule, dictate and flourish. Hey,...so much for inbreeding?

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2004, 09:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

The toll is now at 114,000
Old 12-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default My opinion

Today show stated that President should have came out sooner with a statment and we should be doing more to assist the Muslem world, The spokesman from the UN said we were stingy.

My opinion, Be stingy, don't send any aid, Turn the two carrieer groups around, send C-130s to pick up Americans and spend the money on a big party for the homeless in the United States. As long as we are going to be pertraied as what the UN and the media are pertraing us, we just as well prove them correct.
AND,,, just in case you haven't noticed, Those places that were hit hard don't have any industial base, Just turisum, Which means we not only get to give them money now but for years to come, after all , they get money from United States, why should they help themselfs. For most of them there way of life was day to day anyway. Just where will the rebuilding there economy end?

Ron
Old 12-30-2004, 01:38 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default Experts: Tsunami Kills Few Animals

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/...0&w=APO&coview=

YALA NATIONAL PARK, Sri Lanka (AP) - Wildlife officials in Sri Lanka expressed surprise Wednesday that they found no evidence of large-scale animal deaths from the weekend's massive tsunami - indicating that animals may have sensed the wave coming and fled to higher ground.

An Associated Press photographer who flew over Sri Lanka's Yala National Park in an air force helicopter saw abundant wildlife, including elephants, buffalo, deer, and not a single animal corpse.

Floodwaters from the tsunami swept into the park, uprooting trees and toppling cars onto their roofs - one red car even ended up on top of a huge tree - but the animals apparently were not harmed and may have sought out high ground, said Gehan de Silva Wijeyeratne, whose Jetwing Eco Holidays ran a hotel in the park.

``This is very interesting. I am finding bodies of humans, but I have yet to see a dead animal,'' said Wijeyeratne, whose hotel in the park was totally destroyed in Sunday's tidal surge.

``Maybe what we think is true, that animals have a sixth sense,'' Wijeyeratne said.

Yala, Sri Lanka's largest wildlife reserve, is home to 200 Asian Elephants, crocodile, wild boar, water buffalo and gray langur monkeys. The park also has Asia's highest concentration of leopards. The Yala reserve covers an area of 391 square miles, but only 56 square miles are open to tourists.

The human death toll in Sri Lanka surpassed 21,000. Forty foreigners were among 200 people in Yala who were killed.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:55 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

The theory is interesting. This is not the first time that animals have been looked at for their "sixth" sense. I can't recall the magazine, but back in the late 60's or early 70's, an article showed that animals acted strangely when an earthquake was going to happen.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:15 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Ron...

In large part agree with you.

After all, and since The United States of America and/or actually The American Taxpayer ALREADY generously supplies about 40 PERCENT of all UN Humanitarian Aid to The World (in The BILLION$) for such catastrophies,...why expect any more additional from The American Taxpayer?

Besides, no one is stopping all other nations from being just as generous as The American People HAVE ALWAYS BEEN,...whether the revenues are collected and passed along through Our Government from our taxes, and additionally through America's MANY QUITE GENEROUS Charitable or World Relief type organizations.

Hey,...give people a finger, and especially UN types want and pretty-much demand or just take YOUR ENTIRE ARM.
Hell,...if only HALF of: "The Oil for Food" BILLION$ ripped-off by The United Nations for themselves and fellow thieving friends were recovered,...such ALONE could probably pay for about TWO of such Indian Ocean disasters?!?! Hey,...maybe THREE???

Neil
Old 12-30-2004, 03:35 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

The figures from ABC news are at 125,000
Old 12-30-2004, 03:43 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

India is refusing help from other countries. They say they can take care of themselves even though

India's last active volcano, in the Andaman and Nicobar islands, has erupted in the aftermath of the huge earthquake that set off tsunamis killing thousands of people, official sources said on Thursday.

People have been evacuated from Barren Island since the eruption began on Tuesday night and there were no reports of injury.

If I was working, I'd send money to the organizations in India that are trying to help their own people. Unfortunately, I'm not working and don't know the right organizations (given the money, I could find out).

My motto: Help those who help themselves-Don't help the biggest crybabies.

Joy

Old 12-30-2004, 04:01 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

The American Red Cross is probably the best known source to send the donations to. The figures they put out this evening is $30 million in donations.

Not surprising, there are some large companies jumping on the bandwagon now. AOL has raised over $1 million from its members, Amazon has $5 million, and Pfizer matched the original US figure of $35 million.

Colin Powell indicates that the US has not given its final figure. We are doing a "needs assessment."
Old 12-30-2004, 09:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I heard a very disturbing radio report on NPR driving home tonight about a conversation between an Australian colonel and an Indonesian general. Bottom line was that the Australian was ready to put 9 flights a day with relief supplies, setup a field hospital, and lots of other good things, but the Indonesian said that he wasn't in charge yet and that the Australian would have to fly home and they would have the same conversation at a later date.....

I question how much of the aid will get to those that need it...

I pray that it will be sooner rather than later.

Larry