VOM 
Default Dissagree

Hurt too much to elaborate right now but in no uncertain terms NO
Old 09-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Stick
Ok, there was your first test, Was "you sound like an ambulance chasing attorney " a start of the negative statemnets or was it just Bob being funny, as a moderator you have to decide and take aproprate action before it gets out of hand.
What do you do, What do you do, I guess it depends on how well you like the person Hu? Because the words fall into one or more of the things you posted, "threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, harassing, hateful. "

Ron
Old 09-12-2006, 10:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron
I was not being funny, just opinionated.
It was not threatening......
Abusive, maybe, depends on how Stick took it.
Libelous, only to all of those ambulance chasing attorneys out there.
Defamatory. Nope. again it was an opinion
Obscene. Nope
Harassing, Nope
Hateful, Definitely not.....I hate no one on this site.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif
Old 09-12-2006, 10:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What was the question?????

...I won't stick my neck out too far, ,...

...Like the Lt. says, We're all brothers, and Sisters here, and occasionally we ""disagree"", ...

...But no matter how much we agree, or disagree on any given subject, it's the "don't pick on my little brother, or sister",...

...It's a free for all,...

..So no matter,... if yesterday, I state/speak/tell/about anything, or everything, and I'm right/wrong, opinionated, stubborn, or stupid, that's my right, hopefully, I have not trounced the rights of any others, but ifin' I did, you know I'd be sorry, and try to be better tomorrow,...

... but today, all is forgiven as we would all fight, and die for one another given justification,...

...So yes this site is privately owned, and the leaway afforded is far, and wide, that is what separates this site from the other run of the mill sites out there in no uncertain terms,...

...Spill your guts, get it off your chest, words, powerful yes, but words of a race that isn't ,nor shall ever be perfect only guides all who read them, doesn't cause adverse action,...

...Private to Commanding officer:

..."Sir, What would happen is someone thinks your an idiot?

...Commanding Officer to Private:

..."Well son. I can't do anything about what someone thinks",..

...Private to Commanding Officer:

...Well Sir, I think your an idiot",..

... ,...

...So as much as we flap our gums, for the most part we are all well intended, and Welcome to America, Land of the Free, Home of the Brave, and freedom of Speech

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif
Old 09-12-2006, 10:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I vote No.

I have been laying out of this one to form an opinion. See both sides but if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Stick, I've got this back pain from an accident at Psyco Mtn I want to talk with you about. I think they were negligent.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif
Old 09-12-2006, 10:44 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Ron,

I don't disagree with you that if a person is named as a moderator they need to do their job, however it is impossible for working people or retired to baby sit people on an internet site 24/7. It's hoped that those that register will abide by guidelines they agreed to before they are allowed on the site.

Bob,

I'll have to respectfully disagree with your opinion of John being an ambulance chaser he's really just following the protocol of most internet sites that have discussion forums.It's SOP for most sites tohave guidelines for posting that we agree to when we register. It's called CYA and a good idea in this litigious society we live in. Here's a couple of examples from the Glock site and Leatherneck.com. No different really than what is asked of members that register to this site.

From Glock Talk:Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please press the Agree button at the end of the page. Note: By pressing the button you declare that you are over the age of 13. If you are 13 or under, please use this registration form to register.

Although the administrators and moderators of Glock Talk will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Glock Talk or Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Glock Talk have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
Leatherneck's Rules and Terms of Service

Registration to this website is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click
to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Marine Corps Community for USMC Veterans will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Marine Corps Community for USMC Veterans, nor the authors will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Marine Corps Community for USMC Veterans reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or user for any reason. No refunds will be given to paid members who violate these terms.

John thanks for taking the time to care enough about your brothers and sisters to ask for our input. Sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif
Old 09-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Bob
The moderator gets to decide if your statement fit any of those not you, Thats what a moderators job is, to moderate.

Ron
Old 09-12-2006, 10:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Paco
You two-bit, flea-ridden mangy-a$$ dog. You cant sue Pysco Mtn.....Go after Dodge for building that truck so high off the ground......Damn you are stupid....Luv ya Bro
bOOger

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif
Old 09-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Arrow

You said, "it is impossible for working people or retired to baby sit people on an internet site 24/7. "
Then don't take the job.,
If you agreed to be a ski instructor and then just sat in the lodge watching the skiers , you aren't a ski instuctor.
If you agreed to be a moderator then you do not moderate, your not a moderator. If you don't have time to do the job, don't take the job.

If you don't want to go to a war, don't join the Army.
Ron
Closed Thread