View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2003, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

We just watched that movie again tonight. I was wondering about the Tamaroa in the movie. The body style does not even look the same. Am I right?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2003, 10:58 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

You are absolutely 100% correct David. There were a lot of very disgruntled coasties out there when they realized that they used a 210 in the Tam's place in the movie. Back during the original storm, no 210's ventured out to sea. They are too top heavy and roll like crazy. As heavy as the Tam was she was still doing 110 degree arcs in the air you know 55 degrees to port 55 to starboard. The Tam has no flight deck as well, which was one of the reasons for her eventual decommissioning. There are other problems with the movie too, but they deserve a whole 'nother discussion.

Regards,

Bill

King John 2.1.466
Old 01-12-2003, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought the Tamaroa was in the storm but seeing the ship in the movie after seeing your gallery pictures of her I was beginning to second guess myself. I wonder why they changed the ship in the movie? Even if they could not have got her out to sea at the time of the movie making they could have remade her with CG. Makes no sense :cd:
Old 01-13-2003, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Draft? You betcha! Woman? Why not? Women in combat? Hell no!
I can remember many MACV positions that could have been filled by woman but there were many more positions "back home" that could easily be filled by women.
I realize that this isn't "politically correct" but I really don't give a rats a$$ about that anyway. Why can't we teach the kids in school what made this country great? What made this country free and kept it that way? Why can't we teach the kids that their liberty was created and maintained by those willing to fight for it, to shed their own blood and sweat for it? Sure a woman can sweat for that freedom but any woman I have known might just cower when they hear the bullets fly past their ears and I don't want a troop beside me ducking when I need a person ready to put the butt to their shoulder and pull the trigger. How far can a woman carry a M-60 and 2 cans of 7.62mm? What's going to happen when the guy beside them goes down with blood spurting out of him? Is she gonna freak out or do whatever it takes to get the job done? I have to have faith in everyone on my team.
College deferment? Yes, but with a hitch. If you are out of school for more than one semester, your a$$ belongs to good old Uncle Sam because you owe an obligation to what it took to create that school for you. And if you used that deferment to avoid the draft then, damn it, you have no right to run for a political office much less the Commander-in-chief of those who chose to protect that political system.
I'm proud to be an American and proud that I served this country. I went to college and through an apprenticeship after I served, but in all reality, I sure did learn a lot more while I served and I owed it to my country.