Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2005, 07:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron
You need to loosin' up..... have a sense of humor. Life's too short to walk around with chip on your shoulder.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 10-23-2005, 09:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default FNGs in the lrps

Quote:
Originally posted by frisco-kid

Really? I didn't know they were puting FNGs into the Recondo platoon. I knew a couple guys that went from rifle companies. I always thought that was SOP. I thought I'd heard that somewhere. But then,........I'm old ya' know.
SMJ "SABO": When I got sent up to Dak To to join C company after P-Training, Sabalauski was still the First Shirt and Cpt. Carpenter was still the CO. This was about a month after the big fight at Toumarong when C company got over-run and Carpenter called in the airstrike that just happened to be napalm. Carpenter and Sabo both got DSC's, plus Sabalauski got a Silver Star. When I got to the company, they were already known as "Carpenter's Crispy Critters." Sabalauski was the best FS I ever had. He spent most of the time in the field with us right up until they made him SMJ.

Ron: Same-same you? FNG to Recon?
Tom, they were putting FNGs right into the lrrps sometimes without going thru Recondo schools (usually oifficers).
When they put the lrrps companies together like E co, they were about half cherries (who'd been through Recondo school, mostly) and us line dogs out of the 101st and 173d (who'd also been through Recondo school)
The reason for this was fairly obvious: so all the experienced guys didn't rotate home all at the same time, leaving too much inexperienced people. Reasonable.
Maybe the FNGs were more dedicated and enthusiastic than us old guys at being lrrps. They hadn't been through 6 months on the line to sorta make em see the reality of the situation.
Recondo shcool didn't really teach me anything about patrolling, I learned it allin the 101st. day after endless day.
There were people going on patrol from all over. Cal, do you remember the name of that big blonde cook who went out on patrol with 4th platoon occasionally? Usaed to wear Black Pjs and Ho Chi Minh flipflops? He never went with my team, he was just too fugging obvious. but he had enthusiasm, though and a fighting attitude.
Sam Pullara went on Patrol with us once I recall and we used to take non Recondo commo people on radio relay patrols.
Stay good
James
Old 10-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Bob

You think this is funny, Boy, Ok, Heres one even you can understand, FUCK-YOU.

Ron
Old 10-23-2005, 05:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Jaysus, guys. I don't look in on you boys for a couple of days and look what happens. Take this stuff back channel, and not out here on these pages. Or, like when I was in fourth grade, you can settle it after school . Come on, guys. Really.

BTW, I think making fun of someones spelling on these forums, other than jokingly, is a cheap shot. Right up there with making fun of someone's weight or looks. Grow up, guys.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LRP1

James - you sure do try a FOG's memory. Remember who you are talking about but not his name....I still have copies of a bunch of sitreps and might be able to get his name. I do have a copy of the original TDY orders of a lot of us from the 101st to E 20 too.
Cal

RLTW
Satans Playboys
From Hell We Rise
Old 10-24-2005, 05:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Frisco,

See what kind of mess you started! You need to think about the subject of your posts....before you post them!

Most of your or Kathy's email you just sent to me at home did not come through. I'll give you a buzz this weekend.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 10-24-2005, 05:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron
Now that real funny!!!! It good to see you're loosin' up
Bob K

God bless the ACLU