The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2004, 10:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Quote:
Originally posted by little sparrow ps. For me there is a big difference between close friendships and soul mates. Soul mate to me goes to the bone, through the flesh, straight through the heart to the spirit. Marryin' anyonethat is not a soul mate is a death knoll to the spirit as far as I am concerned. Soul mates are gifts from the Father and if they are of the opposite sex there is nothing to do but marry them for life because only death canseparate soul mates. That is my experience anyway.
Arrow>>>>>>>>>
I understand your post, nope I'd have to call this woman my soul mate. We understand each other very well, we've shared some really scary moments having working in a Jail together. She and her daughter a very big into help Vets. We really get along quite well. We agree we probably would not do well together 24/7 but when we see each other we connect like it was yesterday.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2004, 10:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62
Default Re: Sis.

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith_Hixson We marry our soul mates. At least I did. Keith
Don't know about that. My wife and I are close and love each other but the connection is different. We are opposites and that works very well for us. It has for the past 23 year at least.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 04-19-2004, 08:12 AM

Sorry Folks,
I've been out enjoying the fantastic weather we've had recently and fallen face first into bed every night this last week.

Okay back on track.
Hawk, as long as you are open with your wife about the where you go and what you do aspect of this friendship and she is okay (I mean really honestly okay with it) then there is nothing wrong with two people of opposite sex becoming very close friends.

However, my personal feelings are that soul-mates are bound together for life and to me that means husband and wife.

I come from a very huggy touchy loud and boisterous family. My husband does not. I have 7 siblings, he has none. When its just my husband and I we sit around and say things like, "listen, do you you hear that?" "silence is indeed golden". Through him I have learned how to be alone and still be perfectly happy. Through me he has learned how to socialize with the human race. Not an easy thing for a shy, computer nerd, scorpio.

The only time I ever saw my paternal grandparents show any affection was one day I was charged with waking them from their nap for supper and they were asleep holding hands. That one small moment spoke volumes to the level of their commitment to one another. On the other hand my parents were always tickling, hugging, pinching, rough housing and constantly telling each other how much they love each other.

As long as you keep everything in the open where there are witnesses then there can never be even a hint of impropriety.

I congratulate you on your ability to respect this woman enough to want to be her friend and not expect more. My experience is with a different age group and these guys are not always so respectful. My husband's best friend told me that most (not all) men only have two kinds of female friends..."Those you want to F@#$, and those that you have already F@#$%&.

Now my husband does not share his friend's point of view and neither do I. It did however open my eyes as to how some of these guys feel about women. Not all men can be as kind and caring as the men I've met here and in my work life.

DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 04-19-2004, 04:28 PM

"I congratulate you on your ability to respect this woman enough to want to be her friend and not expect more. My experience is with a different age group and these guys are not always so respectful. My husband's best friend told me that most (not all) men only have two kinds of female friends..."Those you want to F@#$, and those that you have already F@#$%&."

Young lady, we are not that far apart in age as you make me out to be. Although it could be about 10 years.
Don't know about you husbands friend(s), sounds like most of them still have dirt on their knees from crawling out of a cave.
But the attitude you've quoted is one I've heard over and over again. That's something that has made this friendship difficult for some to understand.

Old 04-19-2004, 04:35 PM

Now take this test folks, what is this a picture of?

Old 04-19-2004, 05:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking I'm not sure I want to know!

It Must be duckies to downies.

Keith

P. S. It hurt my brain to try!
Old 04-19-2004, 06:05 PM

Grandpappy SparrowHawk,

No we are not that different in age, however, I robbed the craddle when I found my hubby. He's 6 years my junior. And most of my coworkers are a good deal younger than I am (10+ years). Well, gots to run...spring cleaning time!

DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 04-20-2004, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragon Lady Grandpappy SparrowHawk, DL
No, but I am an Uncle 5 times! LOL

Old 04-20-2004, 10:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Okay, Sparrowhawk!

What's the answer to your question.

Keith
Old 04-23-2004, 07:35 PM

Soul mate...

I do not think you can find a soul mate more than once.
If you find someone that you love more than anything, in the whole wide world..
Thats how much I love my Brenda, my wife, my soul mate.

thank

bb

bb