The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2009, 04:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I was just funnin'

Actually, I hardly watch NASCAR anymore. All the same cars. Can't tell one from the other until you read what's on the front. I just watch a couple of races a year. I was so happy that Petty Enterprises had 3 cars in the top 10 and that a Chevy....well or whatever these cars are, didn't win. I also see that NASCAR treats Junior like his daddy. He can do whatever he wants and no penalties, except when he misses his pit twice, once parking on the line. I used to sort of like JR but now, after hearing his excuses....all everybody else's fault, I hope he never wins a championship. But...they will change the rules so he can I'm sure. Bristol and Martinsville are my favorite races. I like Kennseth....I think he has class.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2009, 09:20 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default I agree

Super-speedways are yawners. Short track racing is where it`s at, but REAL racing is on DIRT! Dirt is for racing...Pavement is for gettin there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 83077405_UUvp2f0w.jpg (99.3 KB, 3 views)

Peace,Griz
Old 02-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

The France family started NASCAR and have been pro GM ever since. The new president
,Mikey, is also pro chevy guy. The Chevys run two versions of the Small block Chevy, The latest version is a carburetor version of the 2009 Corvette. Ford has to run a motor that wasn't even built in this decade, nor this century , nor this millennium, They run the 351 Cleveland motor and still put out more hp than the chevys. It would be a unfair advantage for Ford to run a 2009 motor
I would like to see just one race wear the manufacturers had to run Their own sheet metal and use any motor that your car Co. makes. Then go back to the Bull story that nascar sells the public.
Everyone in the world seen Jr. take that car out, Nascar did nothing, Shock.

Ron
Old 02-18-2009, 02:53 PM

Distinctions

You`re right, Ron. When Bill France started out I guarantee most of the cars were running flathead fords. The 351 Cleveland has stood the test of time..one of the best small block engines ever built, no doubt.

Peace,Griz
Old 02-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Griz
The 4 valve 330 cubic in (5.4) motor ford put in its SUVs and Trucks will put out double the hp that a 351 cubic in Cleveland will make. The 351 was and is a good motor but the modular engines are much better. You can buy a 700 hp 5.4 from Ford, today and get a 3 year warranty. Jack Roush wins in Nascar in spite of Nascar, If the playing field was fair, Gm would not win a race, ever. A prime example , to me, is the Kellogg’s sponsorship.
Kellogg’s has sponsored Terry Labonti for years, Lets face it Terry didn't do well. Well Kellogg’s went to Nascar and said they would be pulling out of sponsorship at the end of the season, The next race, Texas Terry wins the race, after somehow gaining 4 gallons of fuel. I don't know the last time Terry Labonti won a race, or even finished in the top 15 and he wins. Maybe Nascar might have had a hand.
When Gordon was winning all those races, His Nascar inspection was not open to the public, like all the rest, Huuum. Now Gordon is inspected in front of everyone and look were he is.
Anyone that has followed Nascar for a long time can tell you that Nascar implements rules as it see's fit and most of the time the rules are in favor of GM and against the Fords.
You have to almost hand the Toyotas a race win in order for them to compete. Nascar gave them (Toyotas) such a hp advantage that it was so obvious and Nascar had to lessen the hp increase. Why would Joe Gibbs go to Toyotas from GM? Maybe Advantage and $$$.
Nascar will never be a fair run company, so either except or get out. There is way to much money to get out. Jack finds better drivers and with Roberts help, More hp. and wins.

Ron
Old 02-18-2009, 05:00 PM

Distinctions

Yeah, it would be interesting to know what kind of specific monetary arrangements have been made over the years between NASCAR and the automotive manufacturers, but whatever , it seems to have been advantageous to everyone involved because they continue to make $$$. I`ve never been a fan of the rule bending to favor a make of car, a sponsor, or one of their 'Golden Boy" drivers. But like I said, they must be doing something right because the fans keep spending, the sponsors keep spending, and NASCAR keeps growing. Holy crap-if the promoter of the Daytona 500 can pay a 1/4 million$ to every team(43) that makes the race, they must be doing something right!

Peace,Griz
Old 02-19-2009, 04:42 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Griz
There is so much money in Nascar that the Ford guys just go along, After all, who cares if you win or not if you make 400 million a year as a car owner, (Jack Roush) Winning kind of takes a back seat.
10 years ago I was involved with nascar with a good friend that is high up in the EXXON company. At that time he said that the hood of a top 20 car coasts the sponcor
30 million $ a year, Winston or RJ Renolls was spending 300 million to nascar to sponcor the Grand National cars (Winston cup) The back fender on a top 20 car sponcor pays 5-10 million to the car owner. A Srint cup race has 300 thousand fans at their 1.5 mile tracks, and the minimum ticket is $75. now they have to eat and get a suvenier so $200. is kind of the minimum that each fan spends. Do the math, Fox TV gives nascar 270 million to have the privlage of broadcasting the game. Nascar wants it's favorit guys to win, cause there are a lot of fans that want Rick Hendricks and Richard Childress cars to win. Fair has nothing to do with nascar or it's "rules".

Ron
Old 02-19-2009, 07:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Griz and Ron

All of what y'all are saying is why I hardly watch it anymore. It really seems like BS to me. I just remember years and years ago, before it became so big, how much fun it was to go to a race, or watch on the odd occasion it was on TV. Used to go to the World 600 in Charlotte every year and camp out on turn 2. Those were the days as it was always a battle between Ford and Plymouth/Dodge. Chevy pulled out because they could not compete and their engines could never last....just like on the street.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 02-19-2009, 08:00 AM

Distinctions

Ron,
That`s why my money goes to Saturday night short track racing where a feature winner may get a couple of grand for his efforts-and his car and crew.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 83077495_tmp1Go5X.jpg (85.6 KB, 2 views)

Peace,Griz