The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2002, 08:39 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Angry Interesting note

This story didn't get a lot of press, just thought you might want to know. Remember in the movie We Were Soldiers there was a VC general, usually standing in his bunker planning the attack? The actor's name is Don Duong. He has been accused by the Vietnamese government with distorting history.

The Minister for the Cinematic Department will made a decision next week, right now it looks like old Don Duong, a popular actor in Vietnam is looking at a large fine, loosing his right to be an actor and being barred from leaving Vietnam for 5 years.
Other leaders in the country have called him a "...Propagandist and a henchman for hostile forces."

B3196: welcome home. I did 21 of my 28 years as a Det. and/or Sgt. with a small police department. One of the other guys in our platoon retired last year from another department also as a sergeant. Seems like the potential for conflict never got out of our bones.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2002, 11:54 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default and so it goes

interesting that you should bring that up while speaking to the young man that is Vietnamese and a small business owner I was told things are better in Vietnam in the respect that they are not at war..but freedom of speech, of thought, religion, or the press is not part of the package..

Is this peace? I can say now it is not peace to me. But ideals and reality are sometimes very far apart. How could one judge unless they live the experience? sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 09-21-2002, 06:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Thanx Andy. Tried everything when I got back. Found normal life
too boring. So what the heck. 2 1/2 decades later I'm still doing it. Gotta get back to work we got hit with a few tornados. tore the county up bad
Bob

God bless the ACLU