The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2004, 07:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Answers?

Unless and until Kerry's records are open for public scrutiny, there is no way to confirm or deny any of the questions asked. Besides, the original intent of this thread was not directed towards any of the questions in the first place, but simply asked questions regarding Kerry's self-proclaimed record. Anyone trying, pretending, or offering to answer for him is simply urinating into the hurricane, perhaps enjoying the warmth of self-inflicted liquid.

More answers, which really should be in another thread:
1. The correct answer is YES. Everyone, one would assume, understands that all governmental entities could use and spend much more money than they are allocated. Duh.
2. YES again. Even a trifle is better than what was provided before; perhaps the slightest bit of gratitude might be in order.
3. Nothing.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2004, 01:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I see

you're STILL "wiggling" and "waggeling' your way around the answers.

You are such a hypocrite, ya know?

If it were a "democrat" in the whitehouse and he had performed (or NOT) like your boy GEE-W has with regards to the veterans and military failures in the past three years YOU and others like you would be HOLLERING from the freakin rooftops to get rid of him.

You are so transparent and obviously unable to admit your "boy" is full of horse-pa-tooty you're startin to SOUND like him!

No surprise there though!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Scamp :

What are you basing your comments on ? Did you or did you know someone who commanded a Swiftboat in Vietnam ? Just curious...

Larry
Old 04-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Doc.2/47

I also have concerns about the way active duty military-especially National Guard and Reserve troops-have been treated under this administration.I'm also not very happy about the funding of the VA.If there were someone running against President Bush with a better record in these areas I'd have to consider voteing for him(depending on his stance in other ares).However I fail to see where it makes any sense to exchange someone with a not-very-good record for someone with a truly horrible record.Kerry has gone to great lengths to prove himself as no friend of the veteran(ESPECIALLY the Vietnam vet.) or the active duty soldier(especially if you are-or might become-a POW).Given his voteing record,it would appear that he prefer that our troops were armed with large rocks instead of expensive rifles and such.

My thought is that any honor Kerry might have had-wether earned or selfawarded-he threw away with his medals.Turning on his brothers added to his dishonor.I have a lot more respect for your average draft dodger than I do for Kerry.A man deserves a President he can respect.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking PACKO

Quote:
Now, if Frisco was running......
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Bud, but could never happen. Although I'm a moderate Dem, and could also possibly appeal to some Repubs, I don't fit the criteria.

I wasn't born with a Silver Spoon in my mouth. I grew up in a blue-collar Irish inner-city with a heavy-handed alcoholic Ol' Man. I'm a REAL Irishman that didn't have to turn my back on my real heritage to pass myself off as such. I didn't graduate from Yale, Rhoads, or any other university, Ivy League or otherwise. I did attend San Mateo Jr. College and Spokane [WA] Community College for a time. Between the ages of 19-21 I did get quite an education in Life [and Death] on the battlefields of VN. I also consider myself an alumni of The School Of Hard Knocks.

I'm not a draft dodger; nor did I try to get out of serving in VN by having friends or family members pull some strings to get me into the National Guard; like that could happen anyway. ["I Ain't No Fortunate Son."] I don't have a chest full of medals; only the "I Was There" ones that everyone else got. I don't have a Purple Heart, let alone 3. Although I was SLIGHTLY wounded, my conscience [another thing that would hold me down as a politician] wouldn't allow myself to be put in for it, since other men died or were SERIUOSLY injured by the same explosion. However, mine seems like it was probably worse than at least one of the "wounds" that a certain presidential candidate had no problem accepting one for. I do, however, hold two of the most prized badges that is awarded by the Army: a Parachutist Badge and a Combat Infantryman's Badge. I wasn't an officer, only attaining the rank of E-5. I didn't publicly bad-mouth the Brothers that I left behind upon my return from the war. My military records aren't sealed, so ANYBODY would be able to verify this paltry military career.

Lastly, Packo, I don't have the funds or past experience to become a president. I have never been a lawyer. Or, the head of an S&L or energy company that has bilked unwary investors or the American Consumer out of billion$, amassing a personal fortune on top of the one that was handed to me just for doing nothing more than being born, so that I may BUY myself into the race. Not having had any of these experiences, I'm afraid I haven't built the "Character" it takes to be a politician, or to rub elbows with, and work [scheme] with people of the same "Character." But I appreciate your vote of confidence, my friend . If anyone, in spite of all of these confessed shortcomings of mine, would like to make a CASH contribution to try to persuade me to change my mind I'll tell you where to send it. See, I'm already trying to better myself .
Old 04-16-2004, 07:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Somehow, I like you anyway you commie pinko bastard!

Unlike you, I was unlucky enough to get just one Purple Heart, for REAL. I was a squad leader with 11 men I was responsible for. Not 5 and an officer with no Corpsman to verify phony wounds. I don't qualify either. And to top it all off, I didn't appear before congress and tell the world we were all killing women, children, and raping our way across country.....although Larry will certainly find a website to contradict me, but, it don't mean nuthin, I ain't qualified either you Airborne son of a bitch, you!

Packman

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 04-16-2004, 08:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Oh, Frisco, I forgot to say one thing.

"Show me a man, that will jump from a Swift boat and kill a gook who was already dying from a .50 Cal round, and I'll show you a Silver Star Hero". Lt. J.F. Kerry, Vietnam Veteran, Vietnam Veteran, Vietnam Veteran, Vietnam Veteran, Vietnam Veteran

Old 04-17-2004, 06:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default larry....

Yes to your question. Swiftboats were a part of Operation Market Time and the objective of this operation was interdiction of supplies and VC/PAVN personnel moving along the coast and inland water ways. The size of the Swiftboats represented the more or less cut line where commissioned Officers were the skipper and water craft of smaller size had either a 1st Class Petty Officer or Chief Petty Officer as the Skipper. The smallest water craft in Market Time Ops was a fishing basket with one intrepid Sailor with a PRC 10 or 25, field glasses and some sort of small automatic weapon and the largest was sometimes an aircraft carrier, depending on what was coming down.

The target contraband runners could be a two man canoe type rig, a crabbing or fishing junk and up to and including a Polish freighter at one point. Kerry was in III Corp and I was in I Corps but Market Time Command was the same, regardless. My AO was the Perfume and Cau Viet rivers and the coast and estuaries in between. I did not crew a Swiftboat, nope, but worked on a few of them during the big race to build up Market Time Ops and did know several crews but I could say the same for some PBR and PBA crews along with a wide assortment of Iron Clads and armored assault landing craft crews, converted Junk crews and worked on a hydrofoil at one point.
Also Navy Air (Reeb I think) and their PBYs were part of Market Time Ops and they did a lot of our photo recon/ aerial surveillance work and things of that nature. My commo name was ?Panama? and my work was in the area of Operations Intel and the equipment associated with data acquisition and operations coordination. My purpose for being around a Swiftboat was to assist with the then new Sperry Pathfinder and at one point with the experimental Borg Warner auto grenade launcher (but that was mostly a rubbernecking deal and I was curious, but tried to be helpful with sorting out the azimuth and elevation control system).

Scamp
Old 04-17-2004, 06:49 AM

Default True Meaning of "Son-Of-A-Bitch"

frisco-kid:

Someone here dosn't know the true words of "A Son-Of-A-Bitch"

This is the true defination..

Packy goes into a restaurant and sits down at the counter. The waitress takes his order and shortly bring Packy his food..
Upon eating his food, Packy leaves a tip consisting of three pennies.
The waitress notices the three pennies, and says to Packy.. I see by this first penny you are a Vietnam poppy field inhabitant veteran.. Packy says, yea, I got whirl when I was there..
Waitress says, this second penny tells me you are not married.
Packy says, yea your'e right there, no one have me.
Waitress says, I see by this third penny your father wasn't married also..

Ha! Ha! Ha!
Old 04-19-2004, 10:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Skeeter,

That's a hoot! Will have to pass that on.

Now, see if you remember this one:

Lifers are like flies,
They eat shit and bother people.

Ha, ha, ha,ha

Packo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg arizonaunk.jpg (37.3 KB, 58 views)