The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2003, 06:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Yeah Doc, just when I was finally approximating Yankee it's all started to change to Spanish... maybe it's time for Berlitz.

Maybe they'll put Emiliano Zapata on our $1 greenback? (Reeb and Scout would call it, then, a $1 WETback!)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2003, 03:39 AM

Default REEB!!!!!!

Told you many moons ago, that I'd buy!!!!!!!
SF
NC
Old 10-09-2003, 10:03 AM

Growing up in an integrated community 20+ years ago, in California, one's color of skin wasn't an issue. Our friend's parents who spoke a foreign language were admired. I embraced differences in my friends and found the cultural differences fascinating.

As a young adult, I went off to college in Minnesota. For a while, I felt out of sorts in Minnesota. I rarely met up with a person of color. My father is Black Irish and my mother is of Irish and Cherokee descent. I have dark hair, dark brown eyes and olive skin tone. I often received stares from Anglo Americans in Minnesota. They admired what they perceived to be "different" a Mediterranean look.

After my tour in the Army, I went back to California. I was quite honestly shocked by the cultural changes. Instead of having an integrated community, I had known and loved as a child, the community was mostly Asian descent. I think I was taken aback by the large population of Asians because they mostly gravitate towards their race; shop in Asian owned stores; socially distant with non-Asians.

When one race separates themselves from another race(s), they are doing a disservice to their community. Their large populations become feared, "They are going to take over". I don't particularly like living in an almost all-Asian community. At times, I feel as though, I am a minority. Knowing how I feel as a minority, I understand why many Blacks, Asians and Mexicans have formed their own communities. When we are a minority, we tend to congregate with people we are alike. Although I don?t believe in segregation/separation, I understand why and how it happens.

Does our fear of the "take over" come from being the minority?
Old 10-09-2003, 02:42 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Philly -
Wonder though if we don't tend to congregate with people we are like even when we are NOT a minority... that seems to be the thing, eh?

Nothin' wrong with that either way it's done, so far as I can see.

> 10,000 agents work for Immigration authority.
> 2,000 mile US-Mexico border
> 5,000 mile US-Canada border
> 150-180,000 foreign nationals kicked out of US every year
> $10,000,000 Bush administration budget for deportation of illegals
> 400,000 people here with expired visas
> 33 terrorist-haven countries are priority
> 75% more undocumented Arabs/muslims deported last year than the year before
> Largest number of deportees are from Mexico
> $10,000,000,000 is what illegal immigrants pump into US economy
> 33,000,000 americans were born in another country

We're workin' it out, slow but sure, I pray.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:00 PM

Hi Blue,

Your statement sounds familiar. I think we had a small discussion on this before. I do believe your statement is very true, however, one could feel comfortable in a group of mixed races. I think when communities are saturated with one race, it alarms others who are considered the "minority".

As for the stats you've listed, it comes down to the almighty dollar. Our country isn't being proactive on the issues of deporting Middle Easterns because it wouldn't be politically correct. Additionally, we have an interest in keeping relationships open with the Middle East since we are dependent on oil. Seems to me, we wouldn't be in the Middle East making good with the Arabs if we didn't need them.

As for the Mexican illegals, they have an easy way into our country. Why are they going to stay out if they are needed by our own businesses and farmers? We are the most powerful country in the world, don't you think we could keep the Mexican illegals out if this is what our government truly wanted? It seems to me they aren't doing enough to to seal the borders. Why? Hell, some of the politicos have maids and nannies working for them for a fraction of what they would pay an American. It all comes down to the almighty dollar. What big businessman or politico cares how our country is going to end up these days? As long as they are lining their pockets with green and gold, they could give a rats kaboodle..

Good to chat with you again, my friend.

Philly
Old 10-09-2003, 05:19 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Good chatting with you too Philly, always a pleasure... we of the firm hearts.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:27 PM

Peace to you, Blue. I'll be away for a while. I'm heading to the high desert tomorrow evening, Arizona that is.

Philly
Old 10-10-2003, 05:19 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Philly -
I love that Arizona high desert, beautiful places... magical. Have a great time, watch out fer them snake critters, they'll be heading for winter digs right about now, or soon. Scamp says Nevada has the meanest rattlers known to man, he has to shoot 'em if they get too near, the sidewinders I mean... don't think you'll see any of those though, yours oughta be diamond backs, no?
Old 10-10-2003, 01:18 PM

Hi Blue,

Thanks. I'll try to stay alert in the desert. I'm looking forward to starting over and leaving California's economic troubles behind.

I'll be away from PF for a while. I need to settle into my new place and get to know my surroundings.

Take care and peace be with you, my friend.

Philly
Old 10-10-2003, 04:00 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Philly -
God willing, we'll be here when you can return.