The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2003, 07:30 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default New Wannabe

Well it is Friday and LT and I met for drinks at our favorite bar, the OUTHOUSE. I got there before LT and as soon as I walked in one of the young guys came over and wanted to know if it was true that I had been a military sniper at one time? I told him yes. He then related that last night at the bar a guy was there claiming to be a Sniper and that he had over 100 kills. One of the others that was there and knew me asked a couple of questions that he had fishy answers for and then told him to hang around for a while that they had called this SF sniper friend of theirs to come down and BS with him and he would be there in about 10 minutes. Strange that suddenly he had to be somewhere else all of a sudden and left. They had not really called, but they whooped it up real big with him.

I told LT this evening that it sure would be nice if all of our psyco vet buddies could get together at the OUTHOUSE for a evening of fun and frolic. I am going to have to take a picture of the bartender for you guys.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2003, 09:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

There was a guy at my cousin's funeral with a lot of SF badges on his coat. I asked him if he knew you and he kind of clammed up after saying the SF was a big organization. He asked me what I did in Vietnam and I told him I did OK. He went back for seconds on the food after that.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up CID

Talked to LT alittle while ago on the land line. He told me the bartender liked to show off her.....attributes. Would definately like to see some pictures posted .

John, thanks for the phone call. Made my evening, Brother.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

No , no thank y'all. going to leather up and put some miles on Franks bike. They are the best I have ever seen , Tom.Legion tonight !
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 02:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default wannabees

I guess until the last few years, I didn't beleive people would make up these kind of stories. I was freinds with and felt a bond with a guy at work who said he had been a lrrp. I started wondering once when I told him I was going to de de and he said WHAT. I thought maybe he just didn't hear me. He said he was drafted into the Marines who didn't need him after basic and sent him back through army basic. He had all the stories about being the only one left in his unit and fighting Chinese in Nam etc. But when he told me he developed a new tactic for the lrrps of setting up clamores reversed pointed toward the freindlies I knew. [Then charlie sneaks in and turns them around before he attacks and they are actually pointed back toward charlie, yah right.] I told him about the front toward enemy writing on the mine and that I thought charlie could read english. He never brought up his war stories again. I really felt betrayed. I had beleived him for a few years. Once he called me a remf.
Old 11-22-2003, 02:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default what are attributes

Does that mean the bartender has a really good personallity?????
Old 11-23-2003, 11:14 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Dual matching personalities

She is very outgoing. We will just have to get a picture for you. She also loves Vets, Tatoos and Harleys.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Steve,
Claymore sea stories abound. Fact is a lot of the coastal VC built their own crude replications of the US version. A piece of ? to 3/8 inch curved junk steal; about 4-6 inches in width, some C4 (or equivalent) some shrapnel and some sort of crude detonator and voila, a ?Claymore?. That would seem to indicate they understood the principals of operation and how to build a shape charge mine. The concave shape of a US Claymore is a dead give away as which is the business end and that is almost impossible to mistake. A VC that didn?t know that was probably destined to get disassembled and scattered all over the place in short order, but I assume that was the rare exception, not the rule. I have heard of VC sappers turning claymores around but know of no first hand account. Seems logical that that would be a tactic, at least once. A while back Packo indicated that they inscribed the words"Do not eat" on their Claymores. That was funny,LOL.

Scamp
Old 11-23-2003, 12:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default PHO

Now that you have titillated (Gawd, don'tcha just love that word!!?) with your wondrous stories of the fair damsel in the Outhouse, I think it's only fair that you back up your claims with photographic evidence of her personality! Or attributes.

'Nuther observation: each and every holy day with patriotism, veterans, or anything vaguely Red White and Blue associated with it brings out the "homeless" with their cardboard signs, "Please Help a Vet!" Real veterans are some of the most generous, compassionate and caring people on earth, and are willing to give to other deserving veterans. The panhandlers know this full well, and take advantage of our concerns when we see people waving the RW&B. Personally speaking, my cynicism has been honed by witnessing repeated frauds and phonies, leeching off our decency. Now with the Christmas season rapidly approaching, the mooches will attach holiday garland, fake Christmas trees, and lurid replications of Santa to their cardboard beggar signs, again with the purpose of helping them part with our money. Just my thoughts.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-23-2003, 04:35 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Vals Bar also

LT and I stopped at our other favorite bar this evening and Carol and Jackie volunteered for pics for you also. Alica at the Outhouse only works on Friday and Saturday so We will try for this comming Friday and Carol and Jackie on Sunday evening. I know, its a tuff job but somebody has to do it.