The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2004, 09:16 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Revwardoc

We are looking at the same facts and coming to a different conclusion, happens everyday. Your reading the letter of the laws that were written, I?m looking at the application or mis-application of those laws. One person might say, ?He only got 14 years in jail,?. The other person might point out, ?He got life, he died in 9 years?. That said, yes, blacks were generally treated worst. For the fun of it read the exact wording of the 13th Amendment to the Constitution.
(Which state could you vote in without owning land?)

Bob, I may have heard it but don?t remember. What is the motto for Solidarnosc?

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2004, 05:09 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Andy,

Being a Rev War re-enactor, I'm looking at it as seen from that era, that is, pre-Constitution, when each colony (state) had it's own laws. By the time the Constitution was completely ratified in 1789, slavery was on the rise and indentured servitude was on the decline.

Ironically, it was the invention of the cotton gin in 1794 by a Massachusetts man, Eli Whitney from Westboro, that made cotton a highly profitable crop that clothed the world and encouraged the further importation of slaves.

Since Whitney's cotton gin patents were tied up in court for several years, he and his partners decided to switch to the mass manufacture of firearms, developing the principles of standarization and interchangability that is still the basis of contemporary manufacturing. Whitney went on to establish the federal arsenals at Springfield and Harper's Ferry.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Andy
"Every man for himself"
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 09-02-2004, 06:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: James

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy One of those posts that has really taken some twists.

When I went to Vietnam I was 19, in great shape and had a bad attitude. After 7 months was in the hospital for the second time because one of those little Asian fellows got me again. A black kid risked his life to save mine. Made me start thinking, if I?m so big and bad how the hell did Charles put by butt in the hospital again? Of course, I was also thinking about the black kid that saved my life.

Not bucking for sainthood but we brought our kids up to be as color blind and ethnically blind as possible. Jews have had their problems over the years, our younger kid married a Jewish girl. My older son will be getting married later this month to a black girl. Just 30 years ago this would have been some serious ju-ju.

We don?t need to pay reparations to people who had ancestors who were slaves. We don?t need quotas for people who are 1/16 Indian or 100% Hispanic or 75% Irish. We don?t need to feel guilty about anything WE didn?t do. We, all Americans, need to treat individuals, individually. There are the good, bad and ugly in every group.

Bob, first heard that joke around ?92. You need some new material.

Stay healthy,
Andy
I agree with you on most of this but I think youre taking a too provincial view
Are we, taxpayers of the State Federal and local governments, responsible for them?? Of Course we are.
I don't think much of a case for reparations for slavery b ut how about reparations for tossing Mexican Americans out of the country illegally so white people could take their jobs? I mean US citizens illegally deported??? Evidently this happened to about 400,000 Mexican Americans based solely on race in the middle of the last century:
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...9551732.htm?1c
This was really shocking to me and right in my own state--I never heard about it till now--more shameful Republican policy, but there it is: a selfish, bigoted property grab as bad as we did to the Japanese Americans later.
I think its all well and good, the duty of every American, to bring up your kids to be comfortable with other races--my son had a black girlfriend for some time and several Hispanic ones--(He's a Spanish major, like his Mom) and self has had relations with other races also, but one of the main points to be made is that many MANY minorities have been treated poorly thoughout the US's "glorious" history and this needs to be addressed.
Wanna just say"Oh everythings just fine now, everythings equal"??? Thats all fine but does not address the reality of the situation. And I mean the situation NOW.
This country had an official policy of racial segregation for over 100 years after slavery ended, well into our lifetimes--I was 16 years old when the 1964 Civil Rights Bill passed---vigorously and thoroughly denounced by conservatives I might add. THAT is what we owe reparations for and virtually every black (and other minorities) our age experienced it and was damaged by it--THATS whats actionable
99 out of 100 black men our age got an inferior education to us, based on official policy of the time. How can we say they got (and get) an even shot at the job market??Blacks were shunted into inferior jobs by school systems based on the most prejuduced, racist official policies--this continued well into our adult lifetimes. This was happeneing all around us as we grew up and started our careers.
They were restricted to where they could live, and thats all over the country. Banks would not lend them money to buy houses in white neighborhoods, not rent to them. The deeds to one of my houses I bought in Chico had a coveneant that said: Not To Be Sold To Races Other Than White WITH AN OFFICIAL STAMP!! (It had been lined through but still readable) You think this might have had an effect on keeping them in the ghetto? And this was happening WELL into our adult lifetimes
Their inferior education had a big effect when they got into the military--Why were there so many blacks in it, especially infantry units, and only 6% were officers??
You could also say this about Hispanics to a large degree.
I think the prejudiced education that blacks received is absolutely actionable. If you thought your kid was getting an inferior education because he was Polish (so's my kid, half) you'd be down there in a minute attorney in tow. And you'd collect.
And we really should send the bill to Strom Thurmond and his supporters but, practically, thats not going to happen
So white people better stop talking about reparations as if for something that happened long ago--IT WAS HAPPENING THROUGHOUT OUR LIFETIMES!!! And its STILL happening.
And don't you think some leveling of the playing field is LONG overdue?? You would if you were black

And our response is to wrap ourselves in red white and blue while we tell ouselves how wonderful we were and are. There's no question that we grew up in a white supremacist country and I personally consider it the duty of every white person to vehemntly oppose such a prejudiced race based system. If you want to be a good American that is. Isn't it intersting that the ONLY civil rights move GWB has made was in favor of mifddle class and wealthy white students. Lawksamercy me!! He done freed all the rich white students!!!This kind of thinking is why his side, the one that opposed integration (and still does) does not have a clue about minorities and their place in history and what we did to them--and why every, and I mean EVERY, elected national black figure........is Democrat

Just my thoughts, stay healthy

James
Old 09-02-2004, 07:07 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Beau, Care to jump in??

Just wondering where the defender of the hispanics was??
Old 09-02-2004, 10:03 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Gosh James

Mexicans were kicked out of the U.S. by state governments during the 20th century, how true. As you no doubt know Marijuana is illegal in this country because law makers from the states bordering Mexico pushed for it because Mexicans had a habit of smoking weed. For the most part, they were paid so poorly they couldn?t afford booze. Sure, every non-white group and every new ethnic group that has come to this country has been taken advantage of by those in power. That?s not an American thing, that happens in every nation and other nations are so bad, that's why people come here. Look what is happening in the Sudan today, blacks are the victims of genocide but blacks are also the villains. Genocide, that would be more serious than ?whites only" toilets, right?

You said our ?Glorious? history needs to be addressed. Years ago I went to our school department and complained about the teaching of history. My kid finished two weeks on the American Civil War. He knew all about Harriet Tubman and wrote a paper on Fredrick Douglas but names such as Longstreet, Sherman and even Jefferson Davis were never mentioned. It was implied blacks forced the Civil War and won it. Revisionist history, over compensating for past ills?

White people of our age generally received better educations than blacks but James you know 99% is quite an exaggeration, your forgetting about all the black who did not live in the inner city. You mentioned the bad, bad conservatives and yes they were wrong. But LBJ?s welfare state was not the answer and probably has a lot to do with things such as the birthrate of unwed mothers being about 70% in the black community. Welfare states promote a lack of responsibility.

In ?72 Massachusetts decided to ?level the playing field? with all the grace of an elephant in heat. If a person wanted a civil service job, a black or Hispanic with a 70 on the test was placed above a white guy who scored a 100. Do you know what sort of resentment that caused? You know who was most angry? Minority group members who scored high. They didn?t want to be associated with the affirmative action people.

I had a patrolman who worked my shift who was Hispanic. He used to call his night stick his ?N#**er be cool stick?. I jumped on him for his language. He told me I couldn?t tell him what to call the stick because he was a minority. (Then a much longer conversation took place.)

Theme of all this is you can?t legislate color blindness. Getting rid of a ?white only? deed is great, additional funds to schools in poor neighborhoods - that fine. But when the government decides to do Social Engineering, you get a mess, more resentment, more hostility not less.

Bob, very good, I?ll use that one.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 09-02-2004, 04:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Gosh James

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy Mexicans were kicked out of the U.S. by state governments during the 20th century, how true. As you no doubt know Marijuana is illegal in this country because law makers from the states bordering Mexico pushed for it because Mexicans had a habit of smoking weed. For the most part, they were paid so poorly they couldn?t afford booze. Sure, every non-white group and every new ethnic group that has come to this country has been taken advantage of by those in power. That?s not an American thing, that happens in every nation and other nations are so bad, that's why people come here. Look what is happening in the Sudan today, blacks are the victims of genocide but blacks are also the villains. Genocide, that would be more serious than ?whites only" toilets, right?

You said our ?Glorious? history needs to be addressed. Years ago I went to our school department and complained about the teaching of history. My kid finished two weeks on the American Civil War. He knew all about Harriet Tubman and wrote a paper on Fredrick Douglas but names such as Longstreet, Sherman and even Jefferson Davis were never mentioned. It was implied blacks forced the Civil War and won it. Revisionist history, over compensating for past ills?

White people of our age generally received better educations than blacks but James you know 99% is quite an exaggeration, your forgetting about all the black who did not live in the inner city. You mentioned the bad, bad conservatives and yes they were wrong. But LBJ?s welfare state was not the answer and probably has a lot to do with things such as the birthrate of unwed mothers being about 70% in the black community. Welfare states promote a lack of responsibility.

In ?72 Massachusetts decided to ?level the playing field? with all the grace of an elephant in heat. If a person wanted a civil service job, a black or Hispanic with a 70 on the test was placed above a white guy who scored a 100. Do you know what sort of resentment that caused? You know who was most angry? Minority group members who scored high. They didn?t want to be associated with the affirmative action people.

I had a patrolman who worked my shift who was Hispanic. He used to call his night stick his ?N#**er be cool stick?. I jumped on him for his language. He told me I couldn?t tell him what to call the stick because he was a minority. (Then a much longer conversation took place.)

Theme of all this is you can?t legislate color blindness. Getting rid of a ?white only? deed is great, additional funds to schools in poor neighborhoods - that fine. But when the government decides to do Social Engineering, you get a mess, more resentment, more hostility not less.

Bob, very good, I?ll use that one.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Feel called upon to answer
"White people of our age generally received better educations than blacks but James you know 99% is quite an exaggeration," I don't think its any exx aggeration to say that the vast majority of blacks got a worse education than whites--an I think it would be 99% in most areas--I think the 1% is being generous to white people.
Blacks were restricted by law from owning property in certain areas, were given the shtty end of every school budget in every district. They were even forbidden by law from marrying or even having sex with white people--again this is well within our lifetimes. Its no exxageration to say that virtually all blacks received an inferior education to whites before the Civil rights act 1964 and for many years after--this had nothing to do with where they lived, city or country, they were restricted by their color.
I'm trying to understand your first paragraph--are you saying that every new wave of immigrants has received the shitty end of the stick and therefore its all right??? That kind of treatment should continue?? I don't know what relevance about the way Sudanese are treated would have to the way American citizens are treated. Are you saying that black people are treated awful; in the Sudan so black people here should complain less about the shitty way theyre treated???Not going to happen, we both know the legal system too well. Any American citizen has a right to "petition for redress"(ie: sue) guaranteed in the Constitution--what the Sudanese are doing is a virtual nonsequiter to that. Don't worry about what the Sudanese are doing--lets worry about what WE are doing. And have done.But thats not a real popular conservative trait, is it?
I got news for conservatives: If ANY American is being deprived of his rights, its a problem for us all, not just a "black" problem or Hispanic problem or anything but an AMERICAN problem.. And it aint over untill its over.
Also youre ignoring the huge role Harry Anslinger played in getting marijuana illegalized--it was indeed done with racist motives though.

I'm glad to hear your son is learning things about the Civil War not usually addressed for their importance. Eurocentered folks like you and me love all that Picketts Charge stuff but the Civil War ran on a whole of other levels and issues too we don't often think about. Was Tubman as important to the situation as LOngstreet?? It may be so, depending on your viewpoint.

"But when the government decides to do Social Engineering, you get a mess, more resentment, more hostility not less."
Now its funny, but you never hear this argument when the government does "Social Engineering" like slavery, segregation, illegal deportation as mentioned above, illegal confinement, such as the JApanese Americans in prison camps or any of the other unConstitutional acts its been well known for over the years. The US government has not been shy about Social Engineering when it has benefited white people has it? Only "colored" people.
The governement created the mess--who else is going to fix it? who else has the power to fix it?
I think its just a simple matter of fessing up to all the wrong that we--as white people--have done, of the clear advantage we have taken, and trying to make redress in a clearly unfair situation that we created for our own benefit. And I think thats the very embodiment of American justice and fairplay. I think the way we should pay them back is to give EVERY black person who qualifies a free college education--the cost is relatively cheap and every well educated black American would only make America better. A very cheap easy answer to a complex problem and one that would only improve America.
How long did the "Social Engineering" of Segregation last? Thats how long the Social Engineering of Afirmative Action should last.

Stay healthy
James
Old 09-02-2004, 06:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Any black person in the state of Tennessee can get a free college degree. In fact any white person can too. With the new Tennessee Lottery all you have to do is get a 3.5 average and you get all this scholarship money. They all go to the same schools now except maybe for some inner city areas. There is of course a catch. They have to stay in school and make the grades.

Personal responsibility. Parents have to be encouraging. Fathers have to stay home. Mothers have to not be unwed mothers. To be so hostile to the institution of slavery the black community sure don't care very much to eliminate the trappings of slavery in their community. No marriage: studs were brought in to get females pregnant. Cradle to grave support: slave masters could not sell incapacitated slaves so they were taken care of. Educatuion was illegal: It was no route to success, in fact there was no route to success. Therefore education was irrelevant. The English language is the speech of the slave masters, therefore it is bad. Anyone speaking correct English is an "Oreo", black on the outside and white on the inside. The lighter a black person's skin, the more prestige and attractiveness they have. Kind of reminds you of the "high yellow" slaves that were much more valued especially females during slavery. All the money in the world will not do anything to erase the present day trappings of slavery unless the black community changes their values.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:18 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Jimmy

You couldn?t understand my first paragraph. I was just stating history. As each new racial or ethnic group has come to this country they find themselves at the bottom of the pyramid. Because of the very nature of man, the new kid on the block gets stomped on. The new guys also threaten the people who are already on the bottom of that pyramid, economically. Regardless of the law, that?s the way things are.

I mentioned Sudan to point out it is not only white Americans who have oppressed blacks. The mantra you wrote sort of sounded like Malcolm X or the 60s Black Panthers; all whites are oppressors, all blacks are victims, that?s not true. We were not alive during slavery, we were still kids when the Civil Rights bill passed. Hell, I?ve never seen a rest room that said ?whites? or ?colored?. A few years ago I heard an 18 year old black male complaining about how bad he had it. A black man about our age responded by saying, we marched and were beaten so you would have the right to better yourself, now stop complaining and do it. The older guy said a lot more, very critical of the youth.

James, you mentioned you found a deed that said your property was not to be sold to blacks, wonder what the date on that was. In my home town, no one who was Jewish, Polish, Italian or Irish could own property until after the stock market crash of 1929. It wasn?t a written law, but the old Yankees who owned this town would not allow, ?one of those?, to do anything but rent. James, prior to 1929 there were two black families in this community who owned their own homes. No hard feelings about the blacks, God bless them, they had some money, got a loan and bought their homes. They were allowed to do so.

Yes, in some places in this country in the 60s black men were still being lynched for mixed race affairs. That is horrible, anyone who would defend such actions is retarded. I don?t know of lynching due to ethnic mixed affairs but you know lots of groups still do whatever they can to prevent marrying out of one?s ?group?.

I don?t think social engineering is a liberal or conservative issue. In this state we had some school integration issues 30 years ago. A kid who lived adjacent to a school might be bused for an hour each way so that there was a racial balance. Blacks protested as loudly as whites. It was social engineering that, as usual, lacked common sense and only succeeded in making everyone mad at the government. Giving all blacks a free education, Jim that is discrimination, isn?t discrimination a bad thing? How about if all poor kids receive enough aid so that they can afford to go to school? Fred said in his state they have to keep a 3.5 GPA, let?s reduce that to a 3.0, for all the poor - color blind.

One last thing. Do you know of Federal statute that created slavery? I think not. ?The Government? was the state government, it was a states rights issue. My state banned slavery for blacks in 1780 which was affirmed by the courts in Walker Vs. Commonwealth in 1783. Whites were still in indentured servitude more than 20 years later. If a state needs to rectify a past injustice, let them do it. My hat is off to the good people of Tennessee.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 09-03-2004, 12:24 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

Transcript kindly provided by

Dr Bill Cosby's public relations representatives.

(Editor's note: Please understand that there may be some minor typographical inaccuracies resulting from audio to text software resolution issues.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr.Bill Cosby said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I really have to ask you to seriously consider what you?ve heard, and now this is the end of the evening so to speak. I heard a prize fight manager say to his fellow who was losing badly, ?David, listen to me. It?s not what?s he?s doing to you. It?s what you?re not doing. (laughter).

Ladies and gentlemen, these people set, they opened the doors, they gave us the right, and today, ladies and gentlemen, in our cities and public schools we have fifty percent drop out. In our own neighborhood, we have men in prison. No longer is a person embarrassed because they?re pregnant without a husband. (clapping) No longer is a boy considered an embarrassment if he tries to run away from being the father of the unmarried child (clapping)

Ladies and gentlemen, the lower economic and lower middle economic people are holding their end in this deal. In the neighborhood that most of us grew up in, parenting is not going on. (clapping) In the old days, you couldn?t hooky school because every drawn shade was an eye (laughing). And before your mother got off the bus and to the house, she knew exactly where you had gone, who had gone into the house, and where you got on whatever you had one and where you got it from. Parents don?t know that today.

I?m talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit. Where were you when he was two? (clapping) Where were you when he was twelve? (clapping) Where were you when he was eighteen, and how come you don?t know he had a pistol? (clapping) And where is his father, and why don?t you know where he is? And why doesn?t the father show up to talk to this boy?

The church is only open on Sunday. And you can?t keep asking Jesus to ask doing things for you (clapping). You can?t keep asking that God will find a way. God is tired of you (clapping and laughing). God was there when they won all those cases. 50 in a row. That?s where God was because these people were doing something. And God said, ?I?m going to find a way.? I wasn?t there when God said it? I?m making this up (laughter). But it sounds like what God would do (laughter).

We cannot blame white people. White people (clapping) .. white people don?t live over there. They close up the shop early. The Korean ones still don?t know us as well?they stay open 24 hours (laughter).

I?m looking and I see a man named Kenneth Clark. He and his wife Mamie?Kenneth?s still alive. I have to apologize to him for these people because Kenneth said it straight. He said you have to strengthen yourselves?and we?ve got to have that black doll. And everybody said it. Julian Bond said it. Dick Gregory said it. All these lawyers said it. And you wouldn?t know that anybody had done a damned thing.

50 percent drop out rate, I?m telling you, and people in jail, and women having children by five, six different men. Under what excuse, I want somebody to love me, and as soon as you have it, you forget to parent. Grandmother, mother, and great grandmother in the same room, raising children, and the child knows nothing about love or respect of any one of the three of them (clapping). All this child knows is ?gimme, gimme, gimme.? These people want to buy the friendship of a child?.and the child couldn?t care less. Those of us sitting out here who have gone on to some college or whatever we?ve done, we still fear our parents (clapping and laughter). And these people are not parenting. They?re buying things for the kid. $500 sneakers, for what? They won?t buy or spend $250 on Hooked on Phonics. (clapping)

A\Kenneth Clark, somewhere in his home in upstate New York?just looking ahead. Thank God, he doesn?t know what?s going on, thank God. But these people, the ones up here in the balcony fought so hard. Looking at the incarcerated, these are not political criminals. These are people going around stealing Coca Cola. People getting shot in the back of the head over a piece of pound cake! Then we all run out and are outraged, ?The cops shouldn?t have shot him? What the hell was he doing with the pound cake in his hand? (laughter and clapping). I wanted a piece of pound cake just as bad as anybody else (laughter) And I looked at it and I had no money. And something called parenting said if get caught with it you?re going to embarrass your mother. Not you?re going to get your butt kicked. No. You?re going to embarrass your mother. You?re going to embarrass your family.

If knock that girl up, you?re going to have to run away because it?s going to be too embarrassing for your family. In the old days, a girl getting pregnant had to go down South, and then her mother would go down to get her. But the mother had the baby. I said the mother had the baby. The girl didn?t have a baby. The mother had the baby in two weeks. (laughter) We are not parenting. Ladies and gentlemen, listen to these people, they are showing you what?s wrong. People putting their clothes on backwards. ?isn?t that a sign of something going on wrong? (laughter)

Are you not paying attention, people with their hat on backwards, pants down around the crack. Isn?t that a sign of something, or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up (laughter and clapping ). Isn?t it a sign of something when she?s got her dress all the way up to the crack?and got all kinds of needles and things going through her body. What part of Africa did this come from? (laughter). We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans, they don?t know a damned thing about Africa. With names like Shaniqua, Shaligua, Mohammed and all that crap and all of them are in jail. (When we give these kinds names to our children, we give them the strength and inspiration in the meaning of those names. What?s the point of giving them strong names if there is not parenting and values backing it up).

Brown Versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person?s problem. We?ve got to take the neighborhood back (clapping). We?ve got to go in there. Just forget telling your child to go to the Peace Corps. It?s right around the corner. (laughter) It?s standing on the corner. It can?t speak English. It doesn?t want to speak English. I can?t even talk the way these people talk. ?Why you ain?t where you is go, ra,? I don?t know who these people are. And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk (laughter). Then I heard the father talk. This is all in the house. You used to talk a certain way on the corner and you got into the house and switched to English. Everybody knows it?s important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can?t land a plane with ?why you ain?t?? You can?t be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth. There is no Bible that has that kind of language. Where did these people get the idea that they?re moving ahead on this. Well, they know they?re not, they?re just hanging out in the same place, five or six generations sitting in the projects when you?re just supposed to stay there long enough to get a job and move out.

Now look, I?m telling you. It?s not what they?re doing to us. It?s what we?re not doing. 50 percent drop out. Look, we?re raising our own ingrown immigrants. These people are fighting hard to be ignorant. There?s no English being spoken, and they?re walking and they?re angry. Oh God, they?re angry and they have pistols and they shoot and they do stupid things. And after they kill somebody, they don?t have a plan. Just murder somebody. Boom. Over what? A pizza? And then run to the poor cousin?s house. They sit there and the cousin says ?what are you doing here?? ?I just killed somebody, man.? ?What?? ?I just killed somebody, I?ve got to stay here.? ?No, you don?t.? ?Well, give me some money, I?ll go?? ?Where are you going?? ?North Carolina.? Everybody wanted to go to North Carolina. But the police know where you?re going because your cousin has a record.

Five or six different children, same woman, eight, ten different husbands or whatever, pretty soon you?re going to have to have DNA cards so you can tell who you?re making love to. You don?t who this is. It might be your grandmother. (laughter) I?m telling you, they?re young enough. Hey, you have a baby when you?re twelve. Your baby turns thirteen and has a baby, how old are you? Huh? Grandmother. By the time you?re twelve, you could have sex with your grandmother, you keep those numbers coming. I?m just predicting.

I?m saying Brown Vs. Board of Education. We?ve got to hit the streets, ladies and gentlemen. I?m winding up, now , no more applause. I?m saying, look at the Black Muslims. There are Black Muslims standing on the street corners and they say so forth and so on, and we?rere laughing at them because they have bean pies and all that, but you don?t read ?Black Muslim gunned down while chastising drug dealer.? You don?t read that. They don?t shoot down Black Muslims. You understand me. Muslims tell you to get out of the neighborhood. When you want to clear your neighborhood out, first thing you do is go get the Black Muslims, bean pies and all (laughter). And your neighborhood is then clear. The police can?t do it .

I?m telling you Christians, what?s wrong with you? Why can?t you hit the streets? Why can?t you clean it out yourselves? It?s our time now, ladies and gentlemen. It is our time (clapping). And I?ve got good news for you. It?s not about money. It?s about you doing something ordinarily that we do?get in somebody else?s business. It?s time for you to not accept the language that these people are speaking, which will take them nowhere. What the hell good is Brown V. Board of Education if nobody wants it?

What is it with young girls getting after some girl who wants to still remain a virgin. Who are these sick black people and where did they come from and why haven?t they been parented to shut up? To go up to girls and try to get a club where ?you are nobody..,? this is a sickness ladies and gentlemen and we are not paying attention to these children. These are children. They don?t know anything. They don?t have anything. They?re homeless people. All they know how to do is beg. And you give it to them, trying to win their friendship. And what are they good for? And then they stand there in an orange suit and you drop to your knees, ?(crying sound) He didn?t do anything, he didn?t do anything.? Yes, he did do it. And you need to have an orange suit on too (laughter, clapping).

So, ladies and gentlemen, I want to thank you for the award (big laughter) and giving me an opportunity to speak because, I mean, this is the future, and all of these people who lined up and done..they?ve got to be wondering what the hell happened. Brown V. Board of Education, these people who marched and were hit in the face with rocks and punched in the face to get an education and we got these knuckleheads walking around who don?t want to learn English (clapping) I know that you all know it. I just want to get you as angry that you ought to be. When you walk around the neighborhood and you see this stuff, that stuff?s not funny. These people are not funny anymore. And that ?s not brother. And that?s not my sister. They?re faking and they?re dragging me way down because the state, the city and all these people have to pick up the tab on them because they don?t want to accept that they have to study to get an education.

We have to begin to build in the neighborhood, have restaurants, have cleaners, have pharmacies, have real estate, have medical buildings instead of trying to rob them all. And so, ladies and gentlemen, please, Dorothy Height, where ever she?s sitting, she didn?t do all that stuff so that she could hear somebody say ?I can?t stand algebra, I can?t stand?and ?what you is.? It?s horrible.

Basketball players, multimillionaires can?t write a paragraph. Football players, multimillionaires, can?t read. Yes. Multimillionaires. Well, Brown V Board of Education, where are we today? It?s there. They paved the way. What did we do with it. The white man, he?s laughing, got to be laughing. 50 percent drop out, rest of them in prison.

You got to tell me that if there was parenting, help me, if there was parenting, he wouldn?t have picked up the Coca Cola bottle and walked out with it to get shot in the back of the head. He wouldn?t have. Not if he loved his parents. And not if they were parenting! Not if the father would come home. Not if the boy hadn?t dropped the sperm cell inside of the girl and the girl had said, ?No, you have to come back here and be the father of this child.? Not ..?I don?t have to.?

Therefore, you have the pile up of these sweet beautiful things born by nature raised by no one. Give them presents. You?re raising pimps. That?s what a pimp is. A pimp will act nasty to you so you have to go out and get them something. And then you bring it back and maybe he or she hugs you. And that?s why pimp is so famous. They?ve got a drink called the ?Pimp-something.? You all wonder what that?s about, don?t you? Well, you?re probably going to let Jesus figure it out for you (laughter). Well, I?ve got something to tell you about Jesus. When you go to the church, look at the stained glass things of Jesus. Look at them. Is Jesus smiling? Not in one picture. So, tell your friends. Let?s try to do something. Let?s try to make Jesus smile. Let?s start parenting. Thank you, thank you (clapping, cheers

Peace,Griz