The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2006, 01:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

"The North Koreans don't have the expertise to have a small nuke"

Ron, maybe we don't know that. What we do know is that we don't know a heck of a lot about NK capability. Case in point; in 1998 the CIA gave testimony that NK was at least a decade away from ballistic missile capability. Within days, whooosh, NK smoked a ballistic missile right across Japan. And those were the days when when everything was peaches and cream with NK, at least according to the latest MSM jet blast from the left world.

If I were a betting man, which I'm not, I wouldn't lay even money on any possibility just now except that NK wouldn't know the truth, or tell it, if jumped up and bit them on the butt.

Scamp
Old 10-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Sea
The technology involved in making a small nuke is 100-1,000 time that of making a large nuke device. I don't believe they even have the ability for a large one let alone a small one.

And, when a nuke is set off below ground, no matter how much cover , a small amount a radiation ex capes. NONE was detected.

If I was a betting man, I would say that the underground explosion was a conventional explosion and that if they do have a Nuke they are trucking it as we speak to the southern border, no missile required. If I were in charge of our military I would be looking for any troop build up and using radiation monitoring along the border. I also would have navy ships(troop carriers) ready to go around the blast area into North Korea.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ok then Ron, I'll mark ya down as locked down n' safety wired in position. You and Col. "Shy man" Brice.

I'm going to hang loose till MSM crap-storm blows by and some real people with viable data in hand start talking.

A decade ago miniaturization was a lot tougher than it is today and a lot of new technology can be applied to micro-machining of a plutonium shape and matching detonator charge. It gets even better when considering the timing and discharge circuits and this can be done with known equipment, but perhaps, known but not available equipment.

But I agree, if were easy to do, there would only be mutant rad resistant insects in this world today.

Scamp
Old 10-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Sea
Sunday, The UN security council will revile there list of sanctions against N. Korea. Which, By the way, are no good and have no teeth in them.
North Korea will bitch and complain and threaten and that will be the end of it. The Trump card in this card game is going to be Japan. That scenario can go about 5 different ways.
I can't see in the future or I would live in Vegas, But my brain says Japan will through down the glove of challenge and North Korea will back off, and then Japan will escalate from there challenge. The United States needs just to take a seat and watch for awhile.
Japan has kicked Korea's ash many times in the past and has not forgot how to do that.

Ron
Old 10-13-2006, 04:15 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

On the Fox new channel, they are now saying that radiation has now been detected. No print or internet onfirmation yet and no details.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:25 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

The U.S. government has determined that one scientific test, among many conducted since North Korea's announced nuclear test, was consistent with a nuclear explosion, a senior administration official said Friday night.
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, cautioned that the administration has not made a definitive conclusion about the nature of the explosion.

"The betting is that this was an attempt at a nuclear test that failed," the official said. "We don't think they were trying to fake a nuclear test, but it may have been a nuclear fizzle _ an effort that failed." The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the information.

The official said the test measures a type of gas. It is one of a number of analyses conducted this week, which have not provided clarity about what North Korea detonated on Monday.

Earlier Friday, results from another test disclosed Friday _ an initial air sampling _ showed no evidence of radioactive particles that would be expected from a successful nuclear detonation, a U.S. government intelligence official said.

But those test results did not necessarily mean the North Korean blast was not a nuclear explosion, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to disclose the sampling results.

Old 10-14-2006, 03:34 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

DJ
It could have been a Nuke Fizzle if there really was Radiation found, My concern would be why didn't they find it the day it happened, Leaves room for the misleading to mislead.

Ron
Old 10-16-2006, 02:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default My Mistake

Earlier, I wrote that I didn't think the NK's pulled off the nuke explosion as touted, but it looks like I was in error. Mea Culpa! Now, we'll have to deal with this little thug with only a slight change in paradigm. The embargo sounds like a better idea as days go by.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 10-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

SS
Don't say you were wrong so fast, The vertic is still out. The US government isn't saying it was a Nuke that went off, just that they have detected radiation, 5 days after , I might add.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15198897/

Ron