The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Bob
I have never taken anything free for being a fireman, ever.
If a pizza guy came and wanted to give us a discount I would tell him to just take his pizza back.
There you go assuming again.
NEVER Bob, I have had many people try to give me and my crew stuff and I would never let any of my guys take anything, EVER.
You can talk about how cops go to a restaurant and get free food but you can't talk about my crew. Didn't do it, Never have, never will do it.
Come and get your free coffee Bob.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2007, 04:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron
Same situation.....different location

Phone rings, Man answers
"Paco's Pizza....can I help you (Sorry Paco, The bandwagon was movin' out and I figured you needed a ride)

Yes this is Lt. Ron Willett with the Sugarland FD. Do you deliver to firehouses

Paco Pizza: No, and you guys need to leave the firehouse and get a real job. followed by a hang up

Reasoning: I think Paco's Pizza was right because firemen sit around in their recliners all day, in an air conditioned hotel-like enviroment, watching their plazma screen TV's, while people send them care packages from all over the neighborhood. Nowhere in that brief conversation did you ask for anything free
Doesn't that reasoning sound pretty Stupid?

bOOger

PS Got any donuts to go with that coffee?

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:46 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Free and discounted stuff for Iraq

Well thought I would put in my 2 Cents worth but if a soldier in Iraq can get anything extra for free or discounted then all the better for them. When Phillip went to Iraq they wanted to get some classIII armored vests to wear under the Darth Vader suits. The reasoning was that maybe if a bomb went off they might lose and arm or leg or both but possibly a secondary layer of protection around the vitals would keep them alive. When Bob heard about it he arranged for their vest supplier to sell 25 of their exchanged vests to Phillips EOD unit for 25.00 each. I wrote Phillip a check for 625.00 for the vests because the Army would not supply them. I sent care packages out every 2-3 weeks. Whatever they wanted I sent if I could. So tell me Ron Have You done anything for the troops in Combat or is it against your principles because it would be giving something for free.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:24 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

FYI

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/apo.asp
Old 01-29-2007, 05:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Thanks Larry
It just goes to show ya how supportive we all can be. I dont care what some people think.....THIS IS A GREAT NATION!!!
Bob K
PS see ya in 87 days

God bless the ACLU
Old 01-29-2007, 05:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Thanks Larry,

Sure doesn't look like these guys were trying to get something for nothing and it looks like the Moslems are, "fearing for their lives". Good.

Just saying your 1st Cav would be appropriate as to being maybe a civilian working over there. I always had to put 1st Cav on my return address as I'm sure everyone in every other division had to.

Ron, I don't think these guys are having the fun you seem to think they're having over there. Not everyone is in downtown Bagdad, just like everyone in Vietnam wasn't in Saigon.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 01-29-2007, 07:08 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Bob
Your assuming again.
I have called for pizza, and all I give is the address, The guy comes with the pizza and I pay him. If I would Give LT. Willett and Sugar Land Fire, I would be doing that to get a discount and that did not happen.
My crew didn't sit around the fire house in a recliner like you have the Fire department pictured. We were in the fire truck checking Fire department hook ups on business or doing walk threw inspections for a pre plan, and then 2 hours of training and then equipment check , Clean station, Take care of any calls that came in. Then in the afternoon we would have company training with other fire stations or other cities, Then individual projects such as study for Paramedic or Haz mat certification etc. 2 hours in the exercise room and then after 5 pm, it became there free time except for calls. It was not free time for me, I had paperwork from calls, Equipment up date and resupply, Evaluations ( I kept a daily report on each ones performance) Pre plain information into system, Training reports and records entered into each persons files, and my own certification upkeep, EMT, Haz mat, ARFF, Advanced FF. all need so many hours of training each month and records sent to various certification agencies, Then I get to have what is left of what ever they had for supper and around 9pm I went to bed, Never in a recliner all day. Around 2 am the fun starts. and at 7am I go home.
So your opinion on how my station ran is just crap.

Pho
you asked "Ron Have You done anything for the troops in Combat"
NO, It's there job, If they don't want to be there , Don't join.

Pack
The only this I see of the guys in Iraq is what I see on TV, so my perspective is limited. However, All the organizations that have there drives and whatever for sending the troops stuff, It would seem the troops have a bunch of stuff, or the organizations are keeping a lot of stuff.
Any time they show any of the tent areas there is always a bunch of electrical cords running to each building/tent, wonder what those cords are for?
I'm not saying any of the perks are bad, way to go, get all you can, whenever you can. I was talking one specific time and one instance, of them giving there unit and location to (in my opinion) get a perk from the mat sales person.
I'm not against any of the stuff these guys get, they should take it all, and like I said in the first post, I'M JEALOUS,
But the story about the guys and the mats, Is still a lot to do about Nothing.
Ron
Old 01-29-2007, 07:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron
Whether you realize it or not, you're agreeing with me. Im giving my portrayal of the fire dept (Of which I know is fictitious). like you're giving your portrayal of the troops in Iraq (of which you believe). Both are wrong, and you know that
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 01-29-2007, 07:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron,

I guess my problem is that your "assuming" these guys did this to get some free stuff. Maybe they did, I just would rather "assume" they didn't. Your right about us not really getting to see what the troops do overthere. Our media is lacking in showing that so it would be easy to assume that they are all just sitting around with big screen tv's. I just know they are not. Work with Iraq/Afghan Vets everyday.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 01-29-2007, 07:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Friends,...

Getting back to the exceptionally disgusting Arab Sicko Reply
to an American Serviceman In Iraq, the very despicable act
itself makes a very sad commentary about The Good Old USA,...
rather than any of our Fanatical Muslim Enemies.

I cannot believe that any other sane & united country on earth
would have been satisfied by a mere or supposed(?): "Firing"?

Have to believe that in any other nation, such an obvious enemy
(whether a terrorist mole or just terrorist supporter) would now
be either in jail, hanging from the yard arm, or being drawn and
quartered? Nowhere else on earth would such be accepted.

Whatever, I personally don't believe that being forced to collect
Unemployment (If firing actually so???),...IS VERY MUCH OF A
PUNISHMENT FOR SUCH ENEMY INSURGENT SCUM.

Neil