The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2004, 07:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default A Man and His Transformer Truck

Well here's what I really wanted to see: Dan and his transformer truck (in the background.
This big truck in the background is like one of those Transformer Toys of a few years ago--it unfolds hydralically and becomes a machine gun position!! Haha no just kidding, it atcually turns into a fully stocked store selling clothing--aw darn-- with hundreds of computer monitors. I'll let him tell yall about it.
This was at the Memphis Some Kinda Music Festival I'm not sure of the Real Name but it was right by where the Budweiser truck was.. I wish I could have stayed for this but I had to pick up Tha Woman in Baton Rouge that night so had to get it in the wind early--didn't get to see it unfold but I heard its cool--Hey Dan!! post a pic of it all set up.

Photo below: The Artists Formerly Known As Machine Gunner And RTO 2d Plt/A/1st/327/1st Bde/101st ABN
AKA: The Abu's
ref: http://www.patriotfiles.com/photopos....php?photo=788
Old 05-06-2004, 07:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

James,

We'll be going to Chickamaugwa and Shilo this summer. We'll be spending 2 days at the Peabody with the ducks. The pics of the battlefield are great. LRRPS in the WBTS had to be the guys to walk up to the cannons and see if they were loaded. Guess you found that one was! (LOL) It's so hard for me to believe that men on BOTH sides had that kind of guts to walk right up to those suckers......I often wonder, like you, what I would have been like in that war. I think we know too much about modern warfare right now. Back then we probably would have thought walking up to a cannon was "normal". European style of fighting. I like our version better. Did you see "The Hornets Nest" at Shilo?

Keep posting the pics, they're great. Yep, I was a Grim Reaper, hard to imagine now. Fun back then. "13" "1%er" "Shovelheads rule!"

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 07:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well, then I went to Baton Rouge

I picked up Tha Woman in BR Aypote and we drove to Lafayette to see the Crawfish Fest. Storm clouds was agathering and we almost got washed off the Atchafalaya Causeway. It was a coming down but it started to clear up. Got a decent room for a cdedcnt price in Duson, west of Lafayette.
And then Ron and Shanna showed up. I hadn't seen this on the website so it was a surprise to see him. But I hope We made this into a tradition. ChiliDave couldn't make it because of work.
Ron brought Shanna along and what a pretty, nice young lady she is too : this is my first view of them
Old 05-06-2004, 08:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by Packy James,

. Did you see "The Hornets Nest" at Shilo?

Packo
Of course I did, I actually came back and saw it again. This was one of those places I had to sit in for some time, almost as if I knew it. Ive always had this fascination for the Civil War--we studied it in school inthe early 60s, I did "Projects" on it. It was The Centennial
I'm not sure about reincarnation but I think perhaps there is some kind of "mass memory" that connects us to these things.
I felt it especially in Normandy, almost as if I was there and in Shiloh also, here at The Hornets Nest. I saw it in the late after noon , then got up at 0500 to drive down from Savanna (TN) to watch the sunrise at Shiloh. Sunrise can be a magical time in the right setting, you can almost hear the tramping feet
The above picture of sunrise on the morning dew was taken right across the road from The Hornets Nest. This IS the Hornets Nest

James
Old 05-06-2004, 09:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Frog City

Now I spect a lot of you don't knoiw about Frog City, its not well knowed even down heah in Louisitania. But this is a city that is just plumb crazy for frogs, the liberals done made em a protected species I heah
Sorry this is all sideyways
Old 05-06-2004, 09:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Frog Loco

Did I say Loco for Frogs? I never did see so many paintings of Frogs on the walls. These people are trying to glom onto the title of Frog Capital of The Known Universe I guess and they are doing a pretty good job of it, at least i would give it the Community with the Most Frog Painting On the Walls Award, 2004. We counted over 50
Old 05-06-2004, 09:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default The Melting Pot

Yr starting to see some unusual mixtures of culture in the South, get ready for Kim Chee Etouffe
Old 05-06-2004, 09:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default More Frogs on the walls

If you want some Fried or Fricaseed Frogs, or maybe a fine Frog Frappe you'll Find a Favorite Place To Feast At Frog City USA
And they say Californians are strange!! Harumph!!
Old 05-06-2004, 09:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default rained out at the 'Dad Fest

So we and Ron and Shanna went to the Crawfish Fest. This was our 2d semiannual and I hope we make it into a tradition. I'm starting toi think about having this be a 2 week event in the future so I can be in more places at once.
Ron said it wasn't going to rain BUT HE BAILED BEFORE IT DID!!. He and Shanna left us their umbrella chairs though so we had a couple extra to put down in front of the 2 stages But you beiled tooo early Ron!!There was really only one person to see and that was Hunter Heyes, this 12 year old kid that was really just SO hot. I mean this is the new Wayne Toupps I mean this is the new Steve Riley I mean this is the new white Clifton Chenier
This kid was all pro, had the act together, he beat ANYTHING you can see on American Idol. A local boy too, out of Breaux bridge.

Note the 'Dad Hat on the space cadet in front
Old 05-06-2004, 10:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

James :

Super great posts brother !!! One error...the Stars and Bars are flying at the Confederate cemetery in Shiloh..not Chickamauga..

with as many pics and movies as you took with that small camera, I have no idea how you keep them all straight...

I wished you could have stayed longer in Memphis...

Packo :

If you are headed this way this summer, give me a call. Would be my pleasure to show you around.

Larry